Juhi Chawla is a well-known Indian actress who has worked in different languages like Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, and Punjabi. Check out Juhi Chawla Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
She was born on 13 November 1967 in Ludhiana, Punjab, India and was brought up in Ambala, Haryana, India. At a very young age, she decided to become an actress and started taking part in beauty contests. She is now one of the popular actresses of Bollywood film industry due to her hard work. Twice, she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Actress for films, Gulaab Gang (2014) and Chalk N Duster (2016). Apart from being a great actress, she is active in social work as well. She received the Indira Gandhi Memorial Award in Social Awareness for her selfless efforts and active participation to create awareness about the health hazards which are caused due to mobile tower antennae radiation. She also received many other awards for social awareness like Woman of Substance Award, Usha Vaibhav Award, Valerian For A Better Tomorrow Award, Sakal Premier Social Impact Award, and Rotary Club Award.
She is a beautiful and talented Indian personality who is approximately 5’ 4’’ tall and weighs around 60 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Husband
She belongs to a middle-class Hindu family. Her late Punjabi father Dr S. Chawla worked as an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and her late Gujarati mother Mona Chawla worked in the housekeeping department of Oberois. Her late elder brother Sanjeev Chawla aka Bobby Chawla was a CEO of Red Chillies Entertainment. He was in a coma since 2010 after suffering a massive stroke and was died on 9 March 2014 at Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai.
In 1995, she got married to a businessman Jay Mehta, who was earlier married to the Yash Birla‘s sister Sujata Birla. Sujata Birla died in 1990 in a plane crash. The couple has a daughter Jhanvi Mehta who was born in 2001 and a son Arjun Mehta who was born in 2003.
She did her schooling at Fort Convent School, Mumbai and did her graduation with specialization in HR at Sydenham College, Mumbai. In 1984, she won the title of Miss India and was crowned by Rekha. The same year, she received the Best Costume Award in the Miss Universe beauty contest.
She made her acting debut in 1986 with the Bollywood film Sultanat as Zarina. The film failed at the box-office. She then got the lead role in the Kannada film Premaloka, and she received positive reviews from the audience. In 1988, she played the lead role of Rashmi Singh in the Bollywood film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, opposite Aamir Khan. The film was commercially successful, and she received the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year. After that, she did numerous hit films like Swarg (1990), Pratibandh (1990), Bol Radha Bol (1992), Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992), Lootere (1993), Aaina (1993), Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993), Darr (1993), Deewana Mastana (1997), Yes Boss (1997), Ishq (1997), etc.
In 2000, she along with actor Shah Rukh Khan and director Aziz Mirza founded a production company with the name Dreamz Unlimited and the first film that was produced in this production company is Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani (2000).
In 2009, she judged the popular dance reality TV show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 3.
- She is a trained dancer and classical singer.
- She has donated her eyes to an eye donation camp. She also advised people to donate blood.
- In 2008, she co-owns the Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders.
- She has a Jaguar car.
- She loves to spend her holidays in Switzerland.
- Her home address is Veer Bhavan at the Ritz Road, Malabar Hill, South Mumbai.
- She is a pure vegetarian, and her favourite dishes are Paneer Shashlik, Rasmalai, Dosa, Caramel Custard, and Gulab Jamun.
- Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan are her all-time favourite actors, and Sridevi is her all-time favourite actress.
- Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993) is her favourite film.
- Aziz Mirza and Yash Chopra are her favourite directors.
- Her favourite American TV show is The Big Bang Theory.
- Her favourite song is Ek Din Aap from the film Yes Boss (1997).
- She also likes to read during her free time, and one of her favourite books is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- Her favourite perfume brand is Jean Paul Gaultier.
- Manish Malhotra, Neeta Lulla, Tarun Tahiliani, and Abu Jani are her favourite fashion designers.
- Some of her favourite restaurants are Thai Pavillion, India Jones, and San Qi in Mumbai; Nobu in London; La Calle de la Roca in Spain; Bukhara at the Maurya in Delhi; Trisara Hotel in Phuket; and French Laundry in Napa Valley.
- Here is the signature of Juhi Chawla: