Madhuri Dixit is one of the leading actresses of Bollywood film industry. She made a record to nominate fourteen times for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress. She is also one of the most nominated actresses in the category of acting having sixteen nominations. Check out Madhuri Dixit Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
She was born as Madhuri Shankar Dixit on 15 May 1967 (age 52; as in 2019) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She is popularly called as Dhak-Dhak Girl. She got this name after the song Dhak Dhak Karne Laga from the film Beta released. She is also known as the Queen of Expressions. At the age of just 3, she started learning Kathak dance and is now a professional Kathak dancer. She joined the entertainment industry at a very young age and achieved huge success within a few years of her career beginning. In 2008, she was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
She is well-known for her flawless beauty, stylish looks, and awesome face expressions. She is approximately 5’4’’ tall and weighs around 60 kg. Her figure measurement is 36-27-36. She has brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born in a middle-class Marathi Brahmin family to late Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit. She has a brother Ajit Dixit and has two sisters Rupa Dixit and Bharati Dixit. She is Hindu by religion.
Earlier, there was a rumour that she was dating actor Anil Kapoor. She was in a relationship with famous Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt.
According to reports, she dated former Indian cricketer Ajay Jadeja in the 90s. Daily Hunt
On 17 October 1999, she got married to a cardiovascular surgeon Shriram Madhav Nene. The couple has two sons, Raayan Nene and Arin Nene.
She did her schooling at Divine Child High School, Mumbai. After schooling, she was enrolled in Parle College, Mumbai for further studies, i.e. B.Sc. in Micro-Biology, but, she dropped out of college to work as a full-time actress. She then started her acting career in 1984 by playing the lead role of Gauri in the Bollywood film Abodh. She received her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress in 1990 for the film Dil, in which she played the lead role of Madhu Mehra, opposite Aamir Khan. She also cast in a TV show in 1984, but the show did not go on air because it was considered not good enough. Apart from that, she did numerous hit films like Tezaab (1988), Ram Lakhan (1989), Saajan (1991), Beta (1992), Khalnayak (1993), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Raja (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), etc.
In 2002, she hosted the TV show Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai that was aired on Sony TV. She is also a good singer and sung several songs like Kaahe Chhed for film Devdas (2002), Soniye Mil Ja for film Aaja Nachle (2007), and Rangi Saari Gulaabi for film Gulaab Gang (2014).
She also judged some famous dance reality TV shows like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2010-2014), So You Think You Can Dance (2016), and Dance Deewane (2018).
In 2013, she started an online dance academy with the name, Dance with Madhuri.
- In 1988, her kissing scene with Vinod Khanna for the film Dayavan was counted as one of the creepiest kissing scenes ever as he was 20 years elder to her. She has confessed that she should have rejected that entire scene altogether.
- She used to promote the Maggie product by saying that it is healthy for kids. But, in 2015, after the controversy of Maggie that MSG used in the high amount, she was badly criticized for it. A district court directed police for registering an FIR for this against her, Amitabh Bachchan, and Preity Zinta.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- She never smokes nor drinks alcohol.
- Once during the Kargil war in Indo-Pak border, the soldiers of Pakistan taunted Captain Batra by saying “If India handovers Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit to them, they will leave the place forever.” After which, Captain Batra replied “Madhuri ji to busy hain, main aa jata hun.”
- She had a huge crush on a cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar.
- M. F. Hussain, a renowned painter, called her the most beautiful woman on earth and even a film Gaja Gamini (2000), in which she was acted opposite Shah Rukh Khan was made as a tribute to her.
- She wore a Ghaghra weighed 30 kg in the song Kahe Ched Ched Mohe for the film Devdas (2002).
- She is a pure vegetarian, and her favourite dishes are Kande Pohe, Modak, and Zunka Bhakar.
- Gregory Peck and Balraj Sahani are her favourite actors, and Madhubala, Nargis, Ingrid Bergman, and Meryl Streep are her favourite actresses.
- She likes to watch the dance of Hema Malini, Birju Maharaj, Helen, and Gene Kelly.
- She likes to read during her free time, and one of her favourite books is A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer.
- Her favourite colour is Orange.
- She loves to spend her holidays in the Maldives.
- Her favourite sport is Tennis.
- She mostly uses the perfume of Nina Ricci and Issey Miyake.
- She is trained in Taekwondo martial art.
- She has a fear of cockroaches.
- Her home address is 2-B/110/1201, Excellency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400058.
- She has an SUV car.
- She gets paid three to four crore per film, and her net worth is around $35 million.
- In 2014, she was appointed the goodwill ambassador of UNICEF in India.
- If she is not an actress, then, she would have been a pathologist or a microbiologist.
- Here is the signature of Madhuri Dixit:
References [ + ]