Saiyami Kher is an Indian actress and model. She is the granddaughter of veteran Indian actress, Usha Kiran.
Saiyami Kher was born on Monday, 29 June 1992 (age 28 years; as in 2020), in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her graduation in History from St Xavier’s College, Mumbai. DNA
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Hazel
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
She was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Adwait Kher is a former Indian model. Her mother, Uttara Mhatre is Miss India 1982. Saiyami Kher is the granddaughter of veteran Bollywood actress, Usha Kiran. She is the niece of the famous Bollywood actresses, Tanvi Azmi and Shabana Azmi. She has an elder sister, Saunskruti Kher.
Relationships, Husband & Children
She is in a long term relationship with one of her college friends. In an interview, she said,
I’m into long-term commitments. I have been madly in love with a guy from my college for nearly six years. We are still young and life has pulled us into different directions. He has no association with the industry. I don’t know how the future will shape up, but I will always be in love with him and will try to make it work. I’m chasing him right now.” DNA India
She started her career as a model. In 2012, she worked as a model for the Kingfisher calendar. She has worked as a model for Levis, Pantaloons, L’Oreal, and Idee eyewear.
She debuted as an actor in the Telugu film, ‘Rey’ (2015). In 2016, she debuted in the Bollywood film, ‘Mirzya;’ opposite Harshvardhan Kapoor. She acted in the Marathi film, ‘Mauli’ in 2018.
In 2020, she appeared in the Netflix film, ‘Choked’ and Hotstar’s web-series, ‘Special OPS.’
- Web-Series: Money Heist (2017)
- Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
- While she was in college, she did acting workshops with the famous theatre artist, Nadira Babbar.
- When asked about her debut film, in an interview, she said,
The first time I was approached for a role was at a family get together. Zoya (Akhtar) wanted me to act in Luck By Chance. I was in Class 9 and simply baulked at the idea.”
- She has featured as the cover girl of Jade magazine twice.
- She won the Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow– Female: Mirzya (2016).
- In an interview, she shared her childhood memories, she said,
My parents shifted to Nashik and raised us there. We weren’t even allowed to watch films till our Class 10. Once we were a bit older, we helped our parents in the three restaurants they ran.”
- While she was in college, she represented her college in badminton at the national level. She played She played badminton at the Junior National tournament with the famous badminton player, Saina Nehwal.
- She has also played cricket for the Maharashtra State team as a fast bowler. She was also called for selection in the Indian Women’s National Team. Later, she left cricket to make her career in acing. In an interview, she said,
I felt that there is no point in making a career in cricket, if the selection could not be done in the main team. Playing basketball and badminton as well as swimming.”
- She shared her diet and fitness routine in an interview, she said,
Being a foodie I am not particular about my diet, but I never overeat. Also, I make sure that I run. I usually run 10 km and on days when I feel I need to work out more, given the kind of food I had, I run about 15 km,” While shooting for [Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s] Mirzya  in Ladakh, I used to run to and from my hotel to the set. Exercise for me is not punishment because I have gorged on too much food. But I enjoy doing it to stay fit, and enjoy my food more.”
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. Filmfare
- She auditioned for the web-series, ‘Sacred Games’ (2018) and shared her audition video on her social media account.
References [ + ]