Rohan Gurbaxani is an Indian actor, executive producer, and businessman who became popular for his roles in the web series Made in Heaven 2 and the Bollywood film Kho Gaye Hum Kahan in 2023. He has also acted in several Hollywood films.
Rohan Gurbaxani aka Rohun Prakash Gurbaxani Zauba Corp was born on Saturday, 16 November 1996 (age 27 years; as of 2024) in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his initial schooling at the National Public School, Whitefield and studied at Indus International School, Bengaluru from 2010 to 2015.
When he was studying in 6th grade, his mother enrolled him at the Artistes’ Repertory Theatre at the Jagriti Theatre in the Whitefield area of Bengaluru where he achieved Level IV certification for speech & drama from 2007 to 2011. He later moved to New York where he pursued a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in drama at Tisch School Of The Arts affiliated with New York University (NYU) from 2015 to 2019. LinkedIn – Rohan Gurbaxani Facebook – Rohan Gurbaxani
He pursued an acting course at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in New York City from August 2015 to December 2017. During the final year of his bachelor’s degree from June 2018 to December 2018, he was enlisted at Stonestreet Studios Inc. as an actor and started auditioning for several films and TV series. LinkedIn – Rohan Gurbaxani
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Parents & Siblings
His father, Prakash Gurbaxani, is a real estate developer, and his mother, Monica Hirani Gurbaxani, is a homemaker. He has an elder brother named Kunaal Gurbaxani who is a musician and is popularly known as Gurbax.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried and does not have any children.
He is an Indian citizen.
He made his Hollywood debut in 2020 with Chick Fight in which he played the role of Kye; the film featured Alec Baldwin, Bella Thorne, and Malin Akerman in lead roles. He later played various roles such as Requin in Knuckledust in 2020, Ricky in Rogue Hostage in 2021, and Dave in Confession in 2022.
Rohan Gurbaxani’s first short film was Where Are You from Again? which was released in 2020; he played the role of Krish in the short film.
He returned to India from the USA in 2020 after the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic and started sending texts to around 50 casting agents and directors daily. He initially featured in an advertisement and later got introduced to several other film directors.
He gained attention with the role of Rocky Bhatia in Kho Gaye Hum Kahan in 2023 which was released on Netflix and starred Siddhant Chaturvedi and Ananya Panday in the main roles; Rohan later praised Ananya for displaying utmost professionalism throughout the shooting of the film.
Rohan was praised by his fans for his portrayal of Aman Batra in the first episode titledof Season 2 o his debut web series Made in Heaven which streamed on Amazon Prime in August 2023. It was speculated that he would also appear in Bandish Bandits season 2 as a professional pianist which would stream on Amazon Prime.
Producer & Other Roles
He worked as a member of the production team of Fukrey 2 and Rock On 2 from July 2016 to August 2016 while working as an intern at Excel Entertainment in Mumbai. He worked as an assistant at Alipur Films from May 2017 to July 2017. He worked as a production assistant in many films such as No Fathers in Kashmir in 2019.
He has served as executive producer in various films including Becky and I Used To Go Here in 2020. In May 2020, he produced his debut music track titled Kazan. Rohan has also worked as a boom operator in the sound department of the short film My Mom’s Dead and I’m Stuck in Suburbia in 2019.
Rohan Gurbaxani is involved in the real estate sector and is serving as director of many companies such as Qvc Star Realty Private Limited, Cigam Developers Private Limited, and Cigam Ventures Private Limited. Zauba Corp
- Drama & Speech Program Distinction at the Trinity Guildhall, London in January 2008
- Film(s): The Shining (1980), Into the Wild (2007), The Master (2012), The Lunchbox (2013), Lion (2016)
- In an interview in 2021, Rohan said that Western film directors and producers usually show Indian and other Asian actors in typical roles, and such actors have to face stereotypes in Hollywood. He later claimed that he did not have to face such a thing in his career yet.
- Rohan revealed in an interview that during his childhood, he was more interested in dance than acting and won many awards for his dancing. He used to imitate Hrithik Roshan and also took dance classes from Shiamak Davar.
- He likes doing outdoor adventure activities such as skydiving.
- While studying in New York, he was fondly given the nickname George by his friends and college mates. He also used to act at the Uproar Theatre Corps during his sophomore year. Facebook – Uproar Theatre Corps
- Rohan is an animal lover and has liked dogs and cats since his childhood.
- He likes playing Guitar and working out in the gym during his free time.
- He has also modelled for a few clothing brands to earn some money while living in New York.
- Rohan often drinks alcoholic beverages such as gin and wine during parties.