Harshvardhan Rane is an Indian Bollywood actor who became famous for his role as Inder Lal Parihaar in the Hindi film ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ in 2016.
Harshvardhan Rane was born on Friday, 16 December 1983 (age 37 years; as of 2021) in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He was bought up in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. He took admission to Bhagat Singh College, Delhi to pursue a course but later, he left his studies to start a career in acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 74 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 44 Inches, Waist: 32 Inches, Biceps: 15 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Harshvardhan`s father`s name was Vivek Rane and he was a doctor.
His mother`s name was Swarnarekha Rao. He has a sister whose name is Rohini.
He was in a relationship with Minnakshi Das in 2012.
Later, he confirmed that he was dating actress Kim Sharma.
Harshvardhan started his film career with the Telugu film ‘Thakita Thakita’ in 2010.
He did other Telugu films that include Avunu (2012), Maaya (2014), Brother of Bommali (2014), Kavacham (2018) and others.
He appeared in cameo roles in Telugu movies ‘Bengal Tiger’ (2015) and ‘Fidaa’ (2017).
Then he made his debut in Hindi film ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ in 2016 as Inder Lal Parihaar.
Later, he appeared in other Hindi films ‘Paltan’ (2018), ‘Taish’ (2020), ‘Haseen Dillruba’ (2021).
In 2022, he was featured in the Telugu film ‘Brundavanamadi Andaridi’, Hindi film ‘Kun Faya Kun’ and ‘Tara Vs Bilal.’
He made his acting debut in the television show ‘Left Right Left’ on SAB TV as Cadet Rummy Gaur in 2007.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
In 2017, Harshvardhan was nominated for Best Debut Male for the movie ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ at the Stardust Awards.
- Food: Dosa, pastry and pootarekulu
- Actor: Rana Daggubati
He owns a Royal Enfield bike and a BMW bike.
He owns a jeep.
- Harshvardhan Rane was born in 1983 to a father from Maharashtra, and to a mother who was Telugu.
- Rane ran away from his home when he was 15 years old with Rs.200 in his pocket. In an interview, speaking about this, he said,
The fact that people told me that I wouldn’t be able to make it. Even as a kid, I would go out of my way to prove that things could be done if one tried enough. When it came to acting, many told me, ‘Yeh kya hain? Yeh toh koi profession bhi nahin hain.’ I was asked questions like, ‘Who do you know in Bombay? How will you survive?’ I just wanted to get out of Gwalior. I ran away not just from my home but also from a society that kept telling me what is possible and what is not. That’s what I am still running away from… people who have no vision, no faith, no belief.”
- After leaving studies, Rane started training at Barry John Acting Studio, and he performed at various theatres. He worked in the Indian adaptation of Tennessee Williams’ works.
- Later, he went to Mumbai to become an actor. He started his career with television in 2007.
- When he started working in films, he was offered negative roles, which he did not do and because of that, he had to suffer for three years.
- He used to work as a carpenter during his struggling days to earn money. In an interview, he talked about working as a carpenter and said,
I started buying old furniture from Nampally Station (in Hyderabad) and retextured it…. Ameer logon ko distressed look bahut pasand hain (laughs), toh main woh karke unko bech deta tha. Usse mere khaane-peene ka ho jaata tha. That taught me a lot and even today my WhatsApp status says ‘Carpenter.”
- In an interview, Rane revealed that in 2004, when he worked as a delivery boy, he delivered a helmet to actor John Abraham.
- Before Rane became an actor, he did many small jobs from 2002-2004. He joined a call centre as he wanted to learn the English language. In an interview, he talked about his small jobs and said,
Between 2002 to 2004, I also worked as a waiter, courier boy, at an STD booth, cyber cafe, and even assisted a DJ when I didn’t have money. That time people would say it’s important to learn English. It then became my goal to learn the language. I looked around for coaching classes, but I didn’t have money to pay for them. So, I joined a call centre. At call centres, they used to give training in soft skills and English.”
- In 2020, Rane was admitted to the hospital after he became Covid positive. In 2021, he donated his bike to help the Covid positive patients.
- In 2021, he was compared to WWE wrestler Roman Reigns. Sharing the picture on his Twitter account, he wrote, ‘My school friends would be proud to see this.’
- Rane runs a Shirt-off foundation that organizes a sale of garage products. The fund raised by the foundation is used to educate a girl who lost her parents due to HIV. The name of the girl is Swati, and she was adopted by Rane when she was four years old. In an interview, he talked about the fund and said,
It’s called so because I was giving my shirts away and turning them into notebooks, in a way. I was thinking of a way to secure a girl child’s education. People used to call me for donations and I couldn’t relate to that because I have spent most of my life trying to support myself. Earlier I thought that I’d make furniture and give it to orphanages, but that wasn’t a practical thought. Then I thought I would give away clothes, but that wouldn’t help much either. That’s when I thought of a garage sale, the proceeds of which, go towards Swati’s education.”
- In 2020, he shared a post on Instagram about his ex-girlfriend Kim and wrote, “K, Thank you gentle soul! It was amazing, and much more. God bless you, and God bless me too. Bye. H.” In an interview, he talked about the breakup and said,
What went wrong is my DNA. It is clear that I was single for the last 12 years. There has to be a reason for sure because nothing happens without any reason. I started dating her and she is the most fun person on this planet earth.”
- He often posts pictures on social media of himself travelling.
- Rane has a ‘Son of God’ tattoo inked on his right hand and the release date of his movie ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ inked on his ring finger.
- He also posts pictures with his cat on social media platforms.
- He likes working out, driving, photography, playing badminton and listening to music. Harshvardhan Rane- Instagram