Rana Daggubati is an Indian actor and producer. Apart from working in the mainstream Hindi cinema, he has also appeared in Telugu and Tamil movies.
Rana Daggubati was born on 14 December 1984 (age 38; as 0f 2022) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He completed his schooling at The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet, Hyderabad. After completing his school, he started doing B.com but later he dropped out after 2 months. He is a graduate in Industrial Photography from Chennai Film School.
Height: 6’ 2”
Body Measurements: 46′ chest, 35′ waist, and 18.5′ biceps
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Rana was born and brought up in a family with a filmy-background.
He is a part of the Daggubati-Akkineni Family. He is the grandson of Telugu movie producer Daggubati Ramanaidu and Rajeswari Akkineni Daggubati is his grandmother.
His father, Daggubati Suresh Babu, is a film producer while his mother, Lakshmi Daggubati, is a homemaker.
His paternal uncle, Venkatesh and his cousin, Naga Chaitanya, are also actors. He has two siblings; a younger brother, Abhiram Daggubati and a younger sister, Malavika Daggubati.
During his college days, he was in a relationship with a girl who got married to someone else. After coming in into the film industry, fell in love with actress Trisha Krishna, but later, they split up.
On 12 May 2020, he confirmed his engagement with Miheeka Bajaj on his social media accounts. Miheeka is an interior designer and owns a decor company in Mumbai.
On 8 August 2020, he got married to Miheeka Bajaj at Ramanaidu Studios, Hyderabad.
Rana was fascinated by cinema and always dreamt of seeing himself on the television.
He started his career in 2004 as a film producer of the film Bommalata. He entered in the film industry as an actor in 2010 with the Telugu movie “Leader” and in Bollywood with the movie “Dum Maro Dum” (2011).
He worked in the movie Baahubali which was the second highest grossing Indian film of that year.
In the Times Of India poll, he was voted the 10th Most Desirable Man in India 2010, The Most Promising Newcomer of 2011 and was ranked number 20 in the list of Most Desirable Men 2011.
In 2004, he won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu (Bommalata) and Nandi Award for Best Special Effects for Sainikudu.
- On February 2013, he had some controversial conversation on Twitter with actor Vikram. The two actors were a part of a battle of words; which began with Vikram’s statement against Rana Daggubatti.
- Actors: Kamal Hassan, Akshay Kumar
- Actress: Katrina Kaif
- Food: Haleem, Biryani, Sashimi, Sushi, Chicken Afghani, Chicken Pakistani, Talawa Gosht
- Movies: Piku, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, 3 Idiots, PK, A Wednesday, Bangalore Days
- Director: Rajkumar Hirani
- Restaurant: Pista House in Hyderabad
- During his childhood, he was blind from his right eye, but later, got operated at the L.V Prasad Hospital.
- Actor Ram Charan was his classmate in school.
- He is best friend with actors Ram Charan and Allu Arjun.
- He and Prabhas became best friends while shooting for Baahubali.
- He learned acting skills from Barry John Acting Studio, Mumbai.
- He also joined a stunt school in the US.
- He is trained in martial arts.
- He is a fitness freak.
- Recycling waste products, photography, boxing, diving, and cooking are his hobbies.
- Rana owns a Mercedes Benz SUV.
- After he completed his photography course in Chennai, he came back to Hyderabad and started working as a model and an assistant in the studio. It was while he worked as an assistant that he learned the techniques about 3D camera. Thereafter, he set up a visual effects DI unit in Hyderabad along with his father; where he worked for almost five years.
- He was the co-producer of the 2006 Telugu movie A Belly Full of Dreams; which won the National Award.