Sonam Kapoor is a famous Bollywood actress. She is well-known with the names like Sana, Sonz, and Giraffe among her fans. Check out Sonam wiki, height, weight, age, boyfriend, caste, family, biography, and more.
Born on 9 June 1985, Sonam is a 37 years old celebrity from Mumbai, Maharashtra. She did her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu in Mumbai, and completed her Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science from the University of Mumbai. Sonam has also studied at the University of East London. Her carer priorities were in the fields of drama and writing.
Earlier, she was not interested to work as an actress in the movies due to her overweight, but later when she reduced her weight from 90kg to 60kg, Sanjay Leela Bhansali decided to cast her for the movie ‘Saawariya’ (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
Apart from a talented actress, Sonam is also an efficient Kathak, Classical Music, and Latin dancer.
Sonam is a beautiful girl with a perfect physique of 34-26-34 and 5’ 9½” height. She looks amazing on the screen in her dark brown eyes and black hair. Sonz takes great care of her body and spends extra time in the spa.
Sana hails from a Punjabi Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father Bollywood star Anil Kapoor belongs to Punjab and mother Sunita Kapoor is from Sindh. Boney Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor are her father Anil Kapoor’s brothers, and Sridevi is her aunt. Indian film actors Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are her cousins. She has a younger sister Rhea Kapoor who is a film producer, and brother Harshvardhan Kapoor is an actor.
Husband & Children
She got married to entrepreneur Anand Ahuja on 8 May 2018. Anand proposed her in July 2014, which she accepted later.
Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja tied the knot on 8 May 2018 in Mumbai.
Sonam had a first relationship with the Entrepreneur and Model Sahir Berry, and then, with the director Punit Malhotra.
Sonam started her career as an assistant director of the movie ‘Black’ (2005) which was directed by eminent director and producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali. This film won several Filmfare, National Film, IIFA and other awards.
Two years later, Sonam made her film debut as an actress with the movie ‘Saawariya’ in 2007, that didn’t get much success.
Subsequently, she signed many movies, among them ‘I Hate Luv Storys (2010),’ ‘Raanjhanaa’ (2013), ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ (2013), ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ (2015) and ‘Neerja’ (2016) proved superhit on the box office.
Whereas, ‘Delhi- 6’ (2009), ‘Mausam’ (2011), ‘Players’ (2012), ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ (2014), and ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ (2015) flopped badly.
- Sonam used to work as a waitress while studying theatre and arts in Singapore.
- Her first love was a Dutch guy.
- In 2010, she had a twitter fight with a Columnist Shobhaa De. When Shobhaa gave reviews on Sonam’s film ‘I Hate Luv Storys’ by calling it ‘I Hate Dumb Stories’ and called her ‘a lassie who lacks oomph’, Sonam also replied her back through the following tweets:
- At the Cannes film festival, while giving an interview to the film critic Anupama Chopra, she mentioned Katrina Kaif’s success to ‘a certain kind of shamelessness done over the top films.’
- She likes to eat Pav Bhaji, Tandoor Crab, Mustard Fish, Cholar Dal, Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri, Chocolates, Chicken with Ginger and Potatoes.
- Sonz is the fan of actors Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and actresses Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukherji, Madhuri Dixit, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Monica Belluci, Marilyn Monroe, and Audrey Hepburn.
- Sana’s hobbies are reading, shopping, writing, playing video games, and collecting paintings.
- She loves the movies- ‘Devdas,’ ‘Mr India,’ ‘Guide,’ ‘Kagaaz Ke Phool,’ ‘Rang De Basanti,’ ‘Titanic,’ ‘Children of Heaven,’ and ‘City of God.’
- Sana admires the directors- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Imtiaz Ali, Satyajit Ray, Raj Kapoor, and Steven Spielberg.
- She relishes the music of A. R. Rahman.
- Sonam likes to read the books of Jane Austen and her favourite books are ‘Pride and Prejudice’ ‘Emma’, and ‘Frankenstein’ by Mary Shelley.
- Sana plays the sports like basketball and squash.
- Sonz uses the perfumes- Michael by Michael Kors, and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique.
- She adores the fashion designers Anamika Khanna and likes to wear the brand- Dolce & Gabbana.
- Her favourite colour is white.
- Sonam enjoys travelling the cities of Rome, New York, Paris, and London.
- She loves driving the Audi Q7, BMW 7 Series.
- She has been suffering from diabetes since her teenage.
- Sonz has a very good sense of fashion and is recognized as the ‘fashionista’ or style icon of Bollywood.
- Personalities- actor Imran Khan, actress and model Jacqueline Fernandez, actress Asin, actress Kareena Kapoor, fashion designer Shehla Khan, actor, filmmaker and singer Dhanush are her close friends.
- In April 2022, the actress reported that her Delhi house was robbed of jewellery and cash worth Rs. 2.4 crores. Later, it was found that a nurse named Aparna Ruth Wilson, along with her husband, had stolen the alleged jewellery and cash following which she was arrested by Delhi police. The nurse was the caregiver for the actor’s mother-in-law at the house in posh Amrita Shergill Marg. NDTV