Jacqueline Fernandez is a Bollywood actress who is popularly known for her performance in the films like Kick (2014), Housefull 3 (2016), and Judwaa 2 (2017). Due to her popularity and income, she appeared on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India in 2013. Check out Jacqueline Fernandez Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Jacqueline was born on 11 August 1985 in Manama, Bahrain. Her hometown is in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Her friends and family members call her with the name Jacky. At a very young age, she decided to become the part of the Hollywood industry. She never thought initially about becoming the part of the Bollywood industry. While she was in India in 2009 for her modelling assignment, she tried her hands in Bollywood and gave audition for the film Aladin. At that time, she didn’t know how to speak Hindi. For the audition, her flat broker helped her and taught her Hindi. Fortunately, she got selected for the lead role in that film, opposite Amitabh Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh.
She is known for her mesmerizing looks and beautiful smile. She is approximately 5’ 7’’ tall and weighs around 56 kg. She is a fitness freak. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Jacqueline was born to a Sri Lankan father, Elroy Fernandez (Businessman) and Malaysian mother, Kim Fernandez (Air Hostess). She has two elder brothers and one sister. She follows Christianity.
A famous Sri Lankan journalist Frederica Jansz is her cousin.
Initially, she had an affair with the Bahraini prince, Sheikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa and they together dating for almost two years but their relationship ended in 2011. After their final breakup, Khalifa released a music album with the name, Jackie.
She had also dated the famous film director, Sajid Khan for over three years.
She did her schooling at Sacred Heart School, Bahrain and did her graduation in Mass Communication at University of Sydney, Australia. At the age of 14, Jacqueline hosted her first television show. She took part in many beauty pageants. Before joining the modelling industry, JacJacqueline worked as a TV reporter in Sri Lanka for a few years. She later joined the Berlitz School of Languages to learn Spanish, French, and Arabic.
In 2006, she won the title of Miss Sri Lanka. In the same year, she made her appearance in a music video O Sathi by Bathiya and Santhush. After that, she went to India and joined the entertainment industry. Jacqueline got training in acting from John School of Acting. She did numerous modelling assignments both in India and in Sri Lanka. She also appeared on the cover of various magazines like Vogue, Exhibit, etc.
In 2009, she got a breakthrough role of Jasmine in the film Aladin, but the film failed at box office. After that, she played lead roles in some hit films like Murder 2 (2011) as Priya, Housefull 2 (2010) as Bobby Kapoor, Kick (2014) as Dr. Shaina Mehra, etc. She also acted in a British film Definition of Fear (2015).
She is also a great host and hosted the IIFA Awards in 2013. In 2016, she judged the season 9 of the famous dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
In 2016, the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Committee (DSGMC) protested the use of Kirpan that she wore in a song Sau Tarah Ke of the film Dishoom. Later, Varun Dhawan and John Abraham cleared that it was an Arabian Dagger, not a Kirpan.
- Jacqueline is an avid animal lover and supports PETA. She even turned vegetarian after joining it.
- She also linked with Pratham for saving the elephants of Sri Lanka.
- She runs an NGO in Sri Lanka to uplift the downtrodden in the country.
- Jacqueline also runs a restaurant Kaema Sutra in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- She is a clean freak.
- She drinks alcohol.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Shah Rukh Khan are her all-time favourite actors, and Angelina Jolie is her favourite actress.
- Her favourite films are The Bridges of Madison County (1995) and Gone with the Wind (1939).
- White is her favourite colour.
- She loves to sketch, and she has trained under a famous painter, Nilesh Vede. During her free time on the set of Race 3, she sketched Jaggi.
- She also loves travelling and her favourite destination is Italy.
- Jacqueline mostly uses the perfume of the Issey Miyake brand.
- Her favourite restaurant in Mumbai is Pali Village Cafe.
- She speaks in various languages like English, Hindi, Spanish, Arabic, and French.
- In 2008 and 2011, Jacqueline ranked 12th on the list of World’s Sexiest Asian Women in the UK magazine Eastern Eye.