Shoma Anand is a veteran Indian film and television actress. She played the character of Bina Mathur in the 1995 Hindi TV serial ‘Hum Paanch;’ aired on Zee TV.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father was a businessman. She has three sisters and one brother. She is the youngest among her siblings.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Reportedly, she was dating the Bollywood director, Ketan Desai, while shooting for the Bollywood film, ‘Coolie’ (1983).
There were rumours that in 1984, she got married to an NRI, Bobby (from Canada). In 1987, she got married to the Bollywood director, Tariq Shah. The couple is blessed with a daughter, Sarah Shah.
She debuted in the Bollywood film, ‘Barood’ (1976), opposite Rishi Kapoor.
She has acted in various films, including ‘Judaai’ (1980), ‘Himmatwala’ (1983), ‘Ghar Ek Mandir’ (1984), ‘Aag Aur Shola’ (1986), ‘Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni’ (1989), ‘Hungama’ (2003), and ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ (2003).
She has appeared in various Hindi TV serials, like ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995), ‘Bhabhi’ (2002), ‘Shararat’ (2003), and ‘Jeannie Aur Juju’ (2012).
- Her real name is Neelam Arora.
- She moved from Amritsar to Mumbai in 1968.
- She learnt dancing from Shambhu Sen (father of the music director, Samir Sen).
- It was her father’s friend, Janki Das who had asked her to give an audition for the film, ‘Barood’ (1976).
- The publicist, Deep Sagar asked her to change her name to Neelu Bobby, but after meeting Pramod Chakraborthy, the director of ‘Barood’ (1976), she refused to change her name and debuted in Bollywood with her name, Shoma Anand.