Sambhabana Mohanty is an Indian actress, who mainly works in Hindi and Odia TV serials. She is known for appearing in the Odia films Mu Raja Tu Rani (2013) and Biswanath (2022) and the Hindi TV serial Rajaa Betaa (2019).
Sambhabana Mohanty was born on Saturday, 27 March 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Cuttack, Orissa. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She did her schooling at DAV Public School, Cuttack, and went to Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, to pursue a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (2014). Thereafter, she pursued a Master of Arts in Sociology at the University of Hyderabad (2016). In 2017, Sambhabana obtained an MPhil in Sociology from Ravenshaw University, Cuttack. She has also obtained a PhD in Sociology from Sambalpur University, Burla, Odisha. Sambhabana Mohanty- LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Sambhabana Mohanty’s father, Jai Prakash Mohanty, was a music album director. Her mother, Snigdha Bose Mohanty, is a former Ollywood actress and government employee (she worked at the Department of Posts India).
Sambhabana Mohanty is unmarried.
Sambhabana Mohanty started her acting career in 2013 with the Odia film Mu Raja Tu Rani opposite Arindam Roy. She played the role of Chandrika in the film.
In 2022, she starred in the Odia film Biswanath opposite Sambeet Acharya.
Sambhabana Mohanty made her Hindi TV serial debut with Rajaa Betaa (2019) in which she played the role of Purva. The show aired on Zee5. She quit the show after 6 months and was replaced by the television actress Pranali Ghoghare.
In 2022, she played the negative lead Damini in Prateek Sharma’s TV serial Pyaar Ka Pehla Naam Radha Mohan. Aired on Zee Rishtey, the show revolves around a mature romance based in modern-day Vrindavan. It features the intriguing journey of Mohan (played by Shabir Ahluwalia), who was once a charmer and has turned into an intense, brooding man with sorrow in his eyes.
In 2017, she was featured in the music video of the Odia song Saajna sung by G.Durga Prasad.
- Food: Prathamashtami
- Colour: White
- Quote: “If you love something let it go…if it comes back to you, its yours…if it does not, it never was…”
- Sambhabana Mohanty loves reading books in her leisure time.
- She is fond of chocolates and flowers.
- Sambhabana is a trained classical dancer.
- In an interview, she revealed that she idolised the television actress Divyanka Tripathi.
- An avid dog lover, Mohanty owned a pet dog named Honey, who passed away in 2021.
- In 2019, Sambhabana Mohanty got trolled brutally for calling her mother ‘Ammi Jaan’ in a tweet. While sharing a picture with her mother on Twitter, Mohanty captained it as ‘Happiness is Ammi Jaan.’ The tweet did not go well with her fellow Odias, who accused her of abandoning her roots. However, she gave a befitting reply to her trollers. She wrote,
So I got massively trolled and shamed by my fellow Odias because I used ‘Ammi Jaan’ to address my mom instead of ‘Maa’ or ‘Bou’ (the odia equivalent) on a post on social media; whereas it has never been an issue when I called her ‘Mom’ or ‘Mummy. The reasons given: I left my home state & forgot my roots, I want to convert to Islam, I mostly speak in English, I’m modern, I’ve studied so much that I have forgotten my culture and the funniest one being- I work in a Hindi show & thus I ridicule my mother tongue.”
- During an interview, while talking about her character in the TV serial Pyaar Ka Pehla Naam Radha Mohan, Sambhabana said,
Radha loves Mohan divinely, but the problem is she herself is not aware of this. I am playing a character named ‘Damini’ who is in love with Mohan, and now as per the demand of the situation, most probably, Mohan will be her. I am playing the character of a very strong and powerful lady.”
- In an interview, Mohanty shared that she was very nervous when she was informed that she would be working with the television actor Shabir Ahluwalia. She said,
When I was informed that I will be working with Shabir sir for ‘Pyaar Ka Pehla Naam Radha Mohan’, I was definitely a little nervous because I didn’t know how he would be on the set. However, the very first time we shot together, he made us feel very comfortable around him.”
- In 2022, Sambhabana won the Zee Rishtey Award for Best Actor in a Negative Character (Best Khalnayak) for her performance as Damini in the Hindi TV serial Pyaar Ka Pehla Naam Radha Mohan.