Katrina Kaif is a well-known face of Bollywood industry which gained popularity within a short period. She is one of the highest paid Bollywood actresses. She is a British citizen and working on an employment visa in India. Check out Katrina Kaif Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Katrina Kaif was born as Katrina Turquotte on 16 July 1983 in Hong Kong. Her hometown is in London, United Kingdom. Her friends call her by different names like Kat, Katz, Katy, and Sambo. She travelled a lot while she was a child. Her family moved to different countries after her birth in Hong Kong like China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and many other European countries. After that, they went to Belgium and then to Hawaii. When she was 14 years old, they moved to the home country of her mother England where they lived for over three years. At the age of 17, she moved to India for a modelling assignment. In one of her interviews, she said she was not in touch with her father. Initially, she used her mother’s surname, but after shifting to India, she changed her surname to her father’s surname as she thought Kaif would be pronounced easily.
She is known for her dazzling looks and charming personality. She is approximately 5’ 9’’ tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has brown eyes and black hair.
Parents & Siblings
Katrina Kaif was born to a British businessman Mohammed Kaif and an English lawyer & charity worker Suzanne Turquotte. Her father is a Muslim while her mother is a Christian. She is of British nationality. Her mother runs a charitable trust Relief Projects India that works to prevent female infanticide and rescues abandoned baby girls. Katrina also helps her mother in her business. She has an elder brother – Sebastien Laurent Michel (a London-based model); three elder sisters – Stephanie, Christine, and Natasha; and three younger sisters – Melissa, Sonia Turcotte, and Isabelle.
On 9 December 2021, she got married to Bollywood actor Vicky Kaushal at Six Senses Fort Barwara, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan.
Earlier, she had an affair with Bollywood superstar, Salman Khan but their relationship ended in 2010. After that, she was in a relationship with famous Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor who gave her nickname Sambo (the sister of Rambo). He gave this name after she successfully climbed a ladder which placed at 200 feet height. The scene was the part of the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009).
Before getting married to Vicky Kaushal in December 2021, she had dated the actor for a long time.
She did not attend any school and taught at home by her mother due to frequent relocation. She also did some correspondence courses. At the age of 14, she won a beauty contest that held in Hawaii. After that, Katrina started modelling professionally in London. She used to work for freelance agencies. She has also been appearing at London Fashion Week. At one of her fashion shows, she was noticed by filmmaker Kaizad Gustad who cast her in his film Boom in 2003 which is her Bollywood debut, but the film failed at the box office. It has reported that the film failed due to her poor command of Hindi. After that, she worked hard to learn Hindi and played lead roles in numerous hit films like Namastey London (2007), Welcome (2007), Singh Is Kinng (2008), Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011), Bodyguard (2011), etc. Apart from Bollywood, she worked in some Telugu and Malayalam films like Malliswari (2004), Allari Pidugu (2005), and Balram vs. Tharadas (2006).
In 2010, Katrina along with popular musician A. R. Rahman released a music album Rhyme Skool to raise funds for a new school in Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- Her private pictures with her ex-boyfriend cum actor Ranbir Kapoor leaked on Internet while they were together on the trip to Ibiza.
- During the shooting of the film Namastey London (2007), Katrina visited Ajmer Sharif dargah by wearing a knee-length dress which hurts the religious sentiments of people.
- In 2004, Katrina Kaif received ₹7.5 million for the Telugu film Malliswari which is the highest salary for a South Indian actress at that time.
- An Italian fashion designer, Emilio Pucci, gifted her a silver dress worth ₹2 lakh (INR) which she wore in the Bollywood film Welcome (2007).
- In the years 2008, 2009, and 2010, she was the most searched Indian celebrity on Google.
- Katrina donated all the money to her mother’s Mercy Home orphanage that she won from the game shows, 10 Ka Dum and Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- She is a firm believer in God, and before the release of her film, she visits Mount Mary Church and Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai.
- In Bollywood film industry, she considers film director Kabir Khan as her best friend.
- Katrina Kaif drinks alcohol.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Pattinson, Johnny Depp, and Hrithik Roshan are her favourite actors and Penelope Cruz, Kajol, Sridevi, and Madhuri Dixit are her favourite actresses.
- She is a non-vegetarian, and some of her favourite dishes are steamed fish, Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, grilled vegetables, cinnamon rolls, kheer, lamb chops with salad & baby potatoes.
- She likes to watch cricket, and Rahul Dravid and Irfan Pathan are her all-time favourite cricketers.
- Katrina loves reading during her free time, and her favourite author is Sidney Sheldon.
- She also loves travelling, and her favourite places are Havana, Spain, Italy, Dubai, and London.
- Her favourite colours are Mauve, White, and Pink.
- According to her, she loves Dosa, Turai ki Sabji (Chinese okra), Phool Gobhi ki Sabji (cauliflower), and Broccoli Soup.
- If she is not an actress, she would have been the Secretary of State or the Lord Protector of England.
- Katrina Kaif is the first Bollywood actress to have a Barbie doll crafted in her image.
- She has an Audi Q7 and Audi Q3 cars.
- Katrina gets paid 6 to 7 crore per film, and her net worth is $6 million.