Twinkle Khanna is a famous Indian actress, author, film producer, newspaper columnist, and interior designer. Let’s get to know her better.
Twinkle Khanna was born on 29 December 1974(aged 45; as in 2019) in Pune, Maharashtra, India. She went to New Era High school, Panchagani, Maharastra.
In 1995, she debuted in the Bollywood with the movie “Barsaat;” in which she was paired opposite Bobby Deol.
She appeared in many films until her marriage with Akshay Kumar in 2001. Apart from acting in films, Twinkle is also an interior designer. She is the co-owner of interior designing stores in Mumbai; and has designed the house interiors of many Bollywood celebrities. Twinkle Khanna is also the co-owner of the production house “Grazing Goat Pictures.” She has also authored a couple of books and written columns in some leading national newspapers.
Twinkle is about 5 feet 4 inch tall and weighs 57 kg. She has brown eyes and hair. Her figure measurements are approximately 34-26-35.
Family, Caste & Husband
Twinkle Khanna was born to the “first superstar of Indian Cinema”, Rajesh Khanna and actress, Dimple Kapadia.
She has a sister, Rinke Khanna; who was also an actress.
She married the Bollywood actor, Akshay Kumar, on 14 January 2001. The couple is blessed with two children; a son, Aarav Kumar and a daughter, Nitara Kumar. She ran across Akshay Kumar for the first time during a photo-session for the Filmfare magazine.
Twinkle Khanna debuted with the Bollywood movie “Barsaat;” which also won her the Filmfare award for Best Female Debut. Apart from working in the mainstream Hindi cinema, she also appeared in the Telugu film “Seenu.” K. N. Vijiyan of New Straits Times (a Malaysian newspaper) wrote about her looks being different and unusual as compared to a typical Bollywood Actress. In 1999, she worked alongside her husband, Akshay Kumar, in action movies International Khiladi and Zulmi. In February 2001, she made an entry in the theater with Feroze Khan’s movie All the Best. She was last seen in “Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega” (2001). She has also appeared on the cover page of various famous magazines.
Ever since her childhood, she had a keen interest in writing.
After she withdrew from acting, she turned towards writing; and also turned her focus towards interior designing. In 2015, she debuted, as an author, with the non-fiction book “Mrs Funnybones,” published by Penguin India. She also pens down weekly columns for leading national newspaper.
Apart from acting and writing, Twinkle Khanna is also a well-known interior designer. In 2002, she opened her interior designing store, “The White Window,” at the Crawford Market, Mumbai. The list of Indian cinema stars for whom she planned and designed the home interiors include Tabu, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Reemma Sen & Poonam Bajaj. Twinkle Khanna provides guidance to the interns and young students working and studying at the International Institute of Fashion Designing’s Academy of Interiors.
Also, Twinkle Khanna has produced a number of Bollywood movies like “Khiladi 786,” “Thank You,” ” Tees Mar Khan,” “Patiala House” and “Holiday: A Soldier is Never Off Duty.”
She has also appeared in the commercials for various brands.
She is also the brand ambassador of American watch brand “Movado.”
During the Lakme Fashion Week in 2009, a controversy for vulgarity was created when she unbuttoned Akshay Kumar‘s jeans. Afterwards, she had to surrender at the Vakola Police Station but was bailed out.
- She loves having spicy khichdi specially made by her maternal grandmother.
- She admires Akshay Kumar‘s acting.
- Paolo Navone and Antoni Gaudi, a Spanish architect, are her favourite interior designers.
- She likes listening to “Tere Bina Zindagi Se Koi” from the movie Aandhi.
- Her favourite book is “The Little Princess” by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- Her favourite book-to-screen adaption is “The Remains of the Day” by Kazuo Ishiguro.
Her net worth is approximately $30 Million.
- Her debut film Barsaat (1995) was produced by Dharmendra.
- She was one of the Judges at the 2000 Femina Miss India.
- The role of Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, played by Rani Mukherji, was first offered to Twinkle by Karan Johar but she denied it.
- She quit her acting career after getting married to Akshay Kumar in 2001.
- Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (2001) was the last movie of her acting career.
- When her father, Rajesh Khanna, contested the Lok Sabha elections from New Delhi, Twinkle even campaigned for him.
- In 2009, she ranked fourth in the best-dressed celebrity’s list in India by the People Magazine.
- In 2014, she put her father’s house on sale and got ₹85 crore in return.