Kareena Kapoor, who is popularly known with the name, Bebo is a famous Bollywood actress. Due to her popularity and income, she appeared on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India from 2012 to 2016. Check out Kareena Kapoor Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
She was born on 21 September 1980 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her Zodiac Sign is Virgo. Her paternal grandfather Raj Kapoor gave her name Siddhima, which later changed to Kareena. At a very young age, she took her interest in acting. Her father was against her decision of becoming an actress while her mother fully supported her, which later led to a conflict between her parents and in the end, they got separated. Her mother then raised her and her sister Karisma Kapoor. In 2007, her parents again started living together with her daughters. Because of hard work, she achieved lots of success in her acting career in a short time duration.
She is known for her eye-catching and stunning looks. She follows a strict diet to make her fit. She is approximately 5’ 4’’ tall and weighs around 55 kg. Her figure measurement is 34-26-35. She has hazel green eyes and dark brown hair.
Parents & Siblings
Her father Randhir Kapoor is a film actor, producer, and director and her mother Babita Kapoor is a former Indian actress. She has an elder sister Karisma Kapoor who is also a famous Bollywood actress. She is the paternal granddaughter of Bollywood legend Raj Kapoor and maternal granddaughter of famous actor Hari Shivdasani. She is also the niece of actor Rishi Kapoor. She follows both Hinduism and Christianity as her father is of Punjabi descent and her mother is of British and Sindhi descent.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Initially, she had an affair with Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan. She was also in a relationship with actor Shahid Kapoor for a few years.
On 16 October 2012, she got married to actor Saif Ali Khan after few years of in a relationship. The couple has a son Taimur Ali Khan Pataudi who was born on 20 December 2016.
On 21 February 2021, she gave birth to her second son at Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital.
She did her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai and Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun. She later enrolled in Mithibai College, Mumbai for further studies. After schooling, she did a three-month summer course in microcomputers from the Harvard Summer School in the US. She then returned to India and joined the Government Law College in Mumbai to study law, but, she dropped out of college after one year to pursue her career in acting. She was then enrolled in the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) to get training in acting. She got trained under the guidance of Kishore Namit Kapoor.
She made her acting debut in 2000 with the film Refugee, in which she played the lead role of Nazneen/Naaz M. Ahmed. For that film, she received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Before making her debut with the film Refugee (2000), she started shooting for the film Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (2000), but due to some misunderstandings, she left the film. During her acting career, she did numerous hit films like Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001), Dev (2004), Jab We Met (2007), Golmaal Returns (2008), 3 Idiots (2009), Golmaal 3 (2010), Bodyguard (2011), Talaash: The Answer Lies Within (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), etc.
She also made her appearance in some documentary films like Bollywood im Alpenrausch (2000), The Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right (2013), and Bollywood And Beyond: A Century Of Indian Cinema (2015).
- Once there was a catfight between her and Bipasha Basu on the set of the film Ajnabee (2001), and she took a dig publicly at her skin tone by calling her a “kali billi.”
- The controversial MMS of her and Shahid Kapoor having a steamy liplock went viral on media.
- She publicly made fun of Priyanka Chopra‘s accent. Priyanka later replied by saying that she got it from the same place that Saif got his from.
- She is the first Indian actress to launch her line of clothing for women. She worked with the retail chain Globus as a designer for five years.
- During her teenage days, she had a crush on the actor, Akshaye Khanna.
- She occasionally drinks alcohol.
- Earlier, she used to eat non-veg, she turned vegetarian in 2006.
- In 2010, she adopted Madhya Pradesh’s Chanderi village to provide it with electricity.
- In 2013, she released her autobiographical memoir – The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva which was co-authored by Rochelle Pinto.
- She has her wax statue at Madame Tussauds in London.
- She has two home addresses, one in Fortune Heights in Bandra West, Mumbai, and the other is four floors duplex in Bandra, Mumbai.
- During her free time, she likes to read.
- Her favourite foods are Dal-chawal, Spaghetti, and Pasta.
- Raj Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan are her all-time favourite actors and Nargis, Meena Kumari, and Kajol are her favourite actresses.
- Virat Kohli is her favourite cricketer.
- Her favourite colours are Black and Red.
- She likes to wear the dresses designed by Manish Malhotra.
- She loves to spend her holidays in London and Switzerland.
- She owns BMW 7 Series, LX 470 SUV, and Mercedes Benz S 350D.
- She gets paid around eight to ten crore per film and her net worth is around $10 million.
- In December 2019, Kareena anchored the news show “Good Newwz” on Aaj Tak.