Shahid Kapoor is a famous Indian actor who is popularly known for his film Vivah (2006), in which he played the lead role of Prem, opposite actress Amrita Rao. Check out Shahid Kapoor Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Shahid was born on 25 February 1981 in Delhi, India. His friends call him by different names like Dodo, Shak, and Sasha. He is also known as the Chocolate Boy of Bollywood. He took an interest in dancing and acting since childhood. He had a very struggling life as his parents got divorced when he was just three years old. During his teenage days, he wanted a music system of Pioneer brand, but he didn’t have enough money to buy that product, however, after achieving success, he became the brand ambassador of that company.
Shahid Kapoor is a fitness-conscious man who is approximately 5′ 9” tall and weighs around 70 kg. He has a chest to be around 42 Inches, waist 30 Inches, and biceps 16 Inches. He has black eyes and hair.
Family, Caste & Wife
He was born in a middle-class Khatri family to actor Pankaj Kapoor and actress Neelima Azeem. His parents got divorced in 1984. Actress Supriya Pathak is his step-mother. He has a paternal half-brother Ruhaan Kapoor and a paternal half-sister Sanah Kapoor. Actor Ishaan Khattar is his maternal half-brother from the second marriage of his mother to actor Rajesh Khattar.
Earlier, he had an affair with actress Hrishitaa Bhatt. He also had an affair with popular actresses Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. There was also rumoured that he was in a relationship with Tennis Player Sania Mirza.
On 7 July 2015, Shahid got married to his girlfriend, Mira Rajput at The Oberoi, Gurgaon. He is 14 years older to her. The couple has a daughter Misha Kapoor (born in 2016), and a son Zain Kapoor (born in 2018).
He did his schooling at Gyan Bharati School, Delhi and Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai. He did his graduation at Mithibai College, Mumbai. He made his first on-screen appearance in the Complan advertisement as a child artist, opposite actress Ayesha Takia. When he was 15 years old, he started learning dance from Shiamak Davar’s dance institute and appeared in several Bollywood films like Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) and Taal (1999) as a background dancer. After watching his great dance moves, Shiamak Davar promoted him as an Instructor in his institute. At that time, he did numerous TV commercial advertisements like Pepsi, Close-Up, Kit Kat, etc.
In 1998, Shahid assisted his father as an assistant director in the TV serial Mohandas B.A.L.L.B. He also featured in several music videos like Aankhon Mein (1999), Mera Dil Bole Piya Piya (1999), etc.
He started his acting career in 2003 by playing the lead role of Rajiv Mathur in the Bollywood film Ishq Vishk. In this film, his real mother played the role of his on-screen mother. The film was commercially successful, and he received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. Apart from being an actor, he hosted several award shows like 16th Star Screen Awards in 2010, 17th Star Screen Awards in 2011, 18th Colors Screen Awards in 2012, 13th International Indian Film Academy Awards in 2012, etc.
In 2015, he judged the famous dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded.
- Shahid is the first Indian actor to fly an American F-16 Aircraft.
- During the shooting of film Milenge Milenge in 2010, he turned non-smoker to the smoker but later, he quitted for his wife, Mira Rajput.
- Earlier, he used to eat non-vegetarian food, but after reading the Brian Hines’ book Life is Fair, he turned out to be vegetarian.
- He uses the name Shahid Khattar on his passport which is the surname of his step-father Rajesh Khattar.
- Shahid was completely bald for the film Haider (2014) for a climatic scene which was done in approximately four hours because of the six-page monologue that was given to him.
- During his school days, Science was his favourite subject.
- He loves to eat homemade food, and his favourite dishes are Rajma Chawal, Dal Roti, and Curd Rice.
- Pankaj Kapoor & Tom Cruise are his all-time favourite actors and Madhuri Dixit, Scarlett Johansson & Julia Roberts are his favourite actresses.
- Shahid likes to listen to the songs of A.R. Rahman and Shreya Ghoshal.
- His favourite colours are White, Black, and Blue.
- He loves to spend his holidays in Paris, Europe, Goa, and Bali.
- Sabina Khan is his favourite fashion designer.
- Shahid appeared on the cover of various popular magazines like GQ India, Hello!, Exhibit, etc.