Ayushmann Khurrana is an Indian film actor and singer. He started off his career as a radio jockey but eventually became a VJ on MTV India. Apart from acting and singing, Ayush has also written various Hindi poems. He shot to stardom with his portrayal of the role of “Vicky Arora” in film Vicky Donor (2012). Let’s learn some more interesting facts about the actor.
Ayushmann Khurrana was born on 14 September 1984 (aged 34; as in 2018) in Chandigarh, India. He was born as Nishant Khurrana but later his father changed his name to Ayushman Khurana. He was a great performer in his school days and always wanted to be an actor. He drew his inspiration from his grandmother, who used to mimic Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar.
At the age of 4, Ayushmann visited the theatre with his family to watch Madhuri Dixit-starrer, Tezaab. It was then that he decided that he wanted to be an actor. Further, he joined theatre at Panjab University to nurture his acting skills. He was one of the founding members of the theatre groups in Chandigarh, Aagaaz and Manchtantra. Ayushmann also actively participated in various street plays. However, he came into the limelight after he won the Season 2 of the reality show, Roadies.
His debut movie Vicky Donor was a big hit, where his performance was highly appreciated by audience and critics alike.
The fitness enthusiast actor measures 40″ chest, 32″ waist, and 12″ biceps. He weighs 70 kg and is 5’ 9” tall. The actor has Black eyes.
Family, Caste & Wife
A native to Chandigarh, Ayushmann belongs to Hindu Khatri caste family. He is the son of P. Khurrana and Poonam Khurrana. His father is a famous Astrologer and Numerologist in Chandigarh. Ayushmann has a younger brother named Aparshakti Khurrana who is also a Radio Jockey and an actor.
In 2011, Ayushmann married the love of his life and his childhood friend Tahira Khurrana. He has a son Virajveer and a daughter Varushka.
Born in Chandigarh, Ayushmann did his schooling from St. John’s High School, Chandigarh. He majored in English Literature from DAV College and got a master’s degree in Mass Communication from School of Communication Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Ayushmann wanted to be an actor right from his childhood but he was initially rejected at some of the auditions with remarks that he had too thick eyebrows and his accent was too Punjabi. Ayushmann worked as an RJ and then shifted on to work as a VJ with MTV, India during the initial phase of his career.
He came into the limelight in 2002; when he participated in Channel [V]’s reality show, Popstars. He then contested in MTV Roadies 2 and emerged as the winner. Since then, there has been no looking back for him.
Ayushmann has also hosted a number of television shows like Pepsi MTV Wassup and The Voice of Youngistaan. He struggled a lot before making his Bollywood debut in 2012 with Shoojit Sircar’s romantic comedy Vicky Donor. He also made his singing debut with the song Pani Da Rang from Vicky Donor itself.
Ayshmann did not fail a chance to carve a niche for himself not only as an actor but also as a singer. His singles, “O Heeriye,” “Mitti Di Khushboo,“ and “Yahin Hoon Main,” were greatly appreciated by his fans.
It happened in 2013 when Ayushmann’s servant committed suicide at his Goregaon apartment in Mumbai. However, the actor was not accused of the same.
Salary & Net Worth
Having a Net worth of around $6 million, Ayushmann gets paid around ₹2-3 Crore per film.
From his acting and singing skills not only has he won millions of hearts but the actor has also been awarded some prestigious awards.
- Ayushmann won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Vicky Donor in the year 2012.
- He also won the International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) for Star Debut of the Year (2013) for the film Vicky Donor.
- In 2007, Ayushmann became the youngest receiver of the Young Achievers Award, for hosting the show, Big Chai – Maan Na Maan, Main Tera Ayushmann.
- Ayushmann Khurrana is a Non-Vegetarian and prefers eating Rajma-Chawla, Chicken Curry, Rasgullas, Imarti, Falooda-Kulfi, Halwa.
- Aayushmann loves singing, playing guitar, and writing Poems in his leisure time.
- He is a huge fan of Chris Martin (Coldplay).
- His all-time favourite films are Tezaab, Shakti, Deewar, and Agneepath.
- Ayushmann likes wearing Bvlgari Aqua perfume.
- He loves to play cricket.
- Ayushmann loves to travel and New York is his favourite travel destination.
- Ayushmann is an active blogger and loves to write Hindi poems.
- It is quite surprising that Ayushmann donated sperms, during his initial days on TV.
- Ayushmann Khurana consumes Alcohol occasionally.
- Ayushmann has also worked for Tv serials like Kayamat and Ek Thi Rajkumari.
- The actor resides at his flat on the first floor of Anmol Pride Apartments on S V Road, Goregaon (West).
- He met his wife, Tahira, at the age of 16 and decided, at that point itself, that he would marry her.
- He owns an Audi car.
- Ayushmann has made a cameo in Vidya Balan starrer Tumhari Sulu.
- The actor changed his name from Ayushman Khurana to Ayushmann Khurrana on the advice of his father; who believed that changing the initials of the name would bring fortunes to him.
- Ayushmann released his autobiography, Cracking The Code- My Journey To Bollywood, in 2015. The book reflects his struggle and path to success.