Deepika Padukone is a popular Indian film actress who gained popularity with the films like Om Shanti Om (2007) and Bajirao Mastani (2015). She is an evergreen star who achieved huge fame in a very short period. Deepika is the Asia’s most followed woman on different social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Check out Deepika Padukone Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Deepika was born on 5 January 1986 (age 32; as in 2018) in Copenhagen, Denmark and brought up in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. She took a lot of interest in playing badminton since childhood and wanted to become a badminton player just like her father. She played the badminton in many national level championships during her school days. She also worked as a child model and appeared in several advertising campaigns when she was only eight. She later changed her mind, and instead of becoming a badminton player, she decided to become a fashion model. Her dedication to work gives her a huge success in her modelling career.
Deepika is a most-talented and hard-working girl who is known for her stunning and mesmerizing looks. She is a fitness freak and is approximately 5’8½” tall and weighs 55 kg. She has brown eyes and hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a middle-class Brahmin (Chitrapur Saraswat) family. Her father Prakash Padukone is a former badminton player and also the first Indian badminton player who win the All England Championship. Her mother Ujjala Padukone is a travel agent. She has a sister Anisha Padukone, who is a golfer.
Before entered in Bollywood film industry, she was in a live-in relationship with the model Nihar Pandya.
She was once in a relationship with actor Ranbir Kapoor and sported a tattoo of his initials on the nape of her neck, but the relationship ended up a year later.
She was later dating the actor Siddharth Mallya, but again the relationship ended up within a few years.
On 14-15 November 2018, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tied the knot near Lake Como in Italy.
She did her schooling at Sophia High School, Bengaluru and later studied at Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru for her pre-university education. She then enrolled at Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi for a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in sociology but quitted soon due to scheduling conflicts with her modelling career.
In 2004, she started working as a model under the guidance of fashion guru Prasad Bidapa. In 2005, she walked the ramp for designer Suneet Varma at the Lakme Fashion Week. She gained recognition after featuring in the TV commercial Liril. In 2006, she appeared in a popular print campaign for Kingfisher Calendar that made her gain a lot of fame.
She later shifted to Mumbai and stayed at her aunt’s home. She appeared in the music video Naam Hai Tera, sung by Himesh Reshammiya. After that, she received so many offers for film roles. As she then had no experience in acting, she started learning acting at Anupam Kher‘s acting institute Actor Prepares.
In 2006, she made her acting debut with the Kannada film Aishwarya, in which she played the lead role of Aishwarya. In 2007, she got the chance to play the lead role of Shanti Priya in the Farah Khan‘s super hit Bollywood film – Om Shanti Om.
- Before entered in the field of modeling, she was a national level badminton player and also a state level baseball player.
- In 2005, she won the Model of the Year award at the Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- She learned dancing from Shiamak Davar‘s dance academy.
- She learned a Japanese martial art form Jujutsu for the Bollywood film Chandni Chowk to China (2009) and performed her stunts herself, but the film was rated as a flop.
- She is the first Bollywood actress who delivered four consecutively hit films.
- She calls choreographer Farah Khan as her second mother.
- She has endorsed several brands and products like L’Oréal Paris, Tissot, Nescafe, Sony Cyber-shot, Myntra, Maybelline, Coca-Cola, Vogue eyewear, etc.
- She worked as a freelance writer for HT City in 2009.
- She is associated with an initiative of her father named Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ), a non-profit company that helps Indian athletes to win Olympic Gold medals.
- In 2010, she adopted the Ambegaon village of Maharashtra as part of the Greenathon campaign to tackle the problem of electricity.
- She was also named the Sexiest Woman in the World by the Indian edition of FHM in 2010 & 2014.
- In 2013, she launched her clothing brand All About You.
- In 2015, she formed a foundation The Live Love Laugh Foundation to create awareness of mental health in India.
- She is the brand ambassador for NGO Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS).
- In 2016, she was chosen as Sexiest Asian Woman by the UK magazine Eastern Eye.
- She was quoted as the ultimate role model for a healthy, fit and active lifestyle in the fitness book fitness book The Four-Week Countdown Diet by Namita Jain.
- She mostly wears the outfits of the Zara fashion brand.
- She owns a flat in Beaumonde Towers, Prabhadevi, Mumbai. According to reports, her ex-boyfriend Siddharth Mallya bought it as a gift to her.
- In 2017, she became the highest paid Indian actress.