Himesh Reshammiya is an Indian music director, singer, actor, writer, and producer. His most popular songs include “Aashiq Banaya Aapne,” “Tera Suroor,” “Zara Jhoom Jhoom”, “Jhalak Dikhlaja,” “Shakalaka Boom Boom,” “Hookah Bar,” and “Tandoori Nights”.
Himesh Reshammiya was born on 23 July 1973 (age 45 years; as in 2018) in Dungar, Rajula, Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Leo.
He did his schooling from Hill Grange High School, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Weight 32″, Biceps 14″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Himesh Reshammiya was born to the Gujarati music composer Vipin Reshammiya.
His mother’s name is Madhu Reshammiya.
Himesh had an elder brother who died at the age of 11. Himesh got married Komal in 1995, and they have a son named Swayam.
Himesh and Komal got divorced in 2017. He then got married his childhood friend and actress Sonia Kapoor in 2018.
He started his career as a producer by producing an India TV series “Andaz” in 1994. His debut as a music director was with the movie “Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya” in 1998.
His journey as a playback singer started from the movie “Zameen (2003),” where he served as the backup vocalist for some tracks of the movie. He was the lead playback singer of the movie “Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005).”
He released his first album “Aap Kaa Surroor” on 19 January 2003.
He made his debut as a producer and story writer with the movie “Damadamm!” in 2011. He made his acting debut with the movie “Aap Kaa Surroor” in 2007.
- In 2009, Salman Khan came as a guest in a reality show where Himesh was the judge. Salman made remarks on Himesh’s nasal twang to which he must have felt anxious. Himesh asked Salman to stop with his remarks. This led to a fight between the two. However, the fight was only short-lived as both of them patched up later.
- During a press conference in 2006, Himesh called himself a rockstar, ridiculing Sonu Nigam and questioning his popularity. The statement irked Sonu, and he retorted back at Himesh saying that he had gone mad and his fame had gone to his head.
- Earlier, Himesh used to be accused of singing nasally. In his reply, the singer once made a statement that the great musicians like R. D. Burman, Mukesh, and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan were never accused of singing nasally. The statement, however, provoked Asha Bhosle, and she responded by saying that if anyone thought that Burman Sa’ab sang through his nose, he should be slapped. In response to Asha, Himesh said that he never meant to offend anyone. Furthermore, he apologised to Asha Bhosle for his words.
- Himesh was once accused of copyright violation. His song ‘Tanhaiyaan’ from the movie “Aap Kaa Surroor” was initially composed for the movie “Milenge Milenge (2010). The music company, who held the audio rights of “Milenge Milenge” accused Himesh of copyright violation, as the music label of the Himesh’s film was different. The singer defended himself saying that he had made Boney Kapoor listen to the song, but he never included the track in the movie. He even claimed to have been in touch with boney for seven months, and since there was no progress with the movie, he decided to add the track in his film.
- Himesh once entered Ajmer’s Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti Dargah wearing burkha. His act of wearing burkha stirred controversies. The singer apologised by saying that he visited the shrine wearing Burkha to avoid the crowd and if his actions had hurt the religious sentiments of the people, he was sorry. Later, shrine’s prayer attendants also came in his support by saying that whatever he did was to pray in peace.
- Filmfare Award for the Best Playback Singer for the song “Aashiq Banaya Aapne” from the movie “Aashiq Banaya Aapne” in 2006.
Note: Apart from the awards listed above Himesh Reshammiya has also received other awards and recognition.
His net worth is around $ 4 million (INR 27. 8 crores).
- Food: Grilled Chicken, Grilled Paneer
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Film: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
- Colour: Orange
- Musicians: A. R. Rahman
- Singers: Kishore Kumar, Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu
- Perfume: Cool Water by Davidoff
- Travel Destination: Switzerland
- Himesh’s style of composition is based on a fusion of Western and Indian classical music, Western and Indian Rock music accompanied by techno beats.
- He has the record of giving 36 hits in a single year.
- Himesh Reshammiya is the first Indian singer to perform at Wembley Stadium, London.
- Director Prashant Chadda is responsible for his makeovers in the movies.
- At the age of 16, he had to quit his studies midway, after his brother’s death. To overcome his father’s grief, he decided to make his career in the music industry.
- Talking about Salman Khan, who has been instrumental in bringing forth the career of Himesh, he says,
Salman is like my elder brother. He also has a great sense of music. He’s a fine human being. I can’t describe how generous he is. He has been a guiding force. I value his advice.”
mr himesh reshammiya you are realy a great indian and my faverete singer i miss you
You are just too good <3