Arunita Kanjilal is an Indian budding singer. She is one of the top 10 contestants of the singing reality show Indian Idol 12.
Arunita Kanjilal was born on Saturday, 18 January 2003 (age 18 years; as of 2020) in Kolkata, WestBengal state of India. Her Zodiac sign is Capricorn. She was born and brought up in a musical environment of her house and was fond of music since her childhood. She did her schooling from the St. Xavier’s School, Kolkata, and went to the University of Kolkata to pursue her graduation course. Arunita is a trained classical singer and is trained by her maternal uncle since her childhood.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Arunita Kanjilal’s father, Avni Bhushan Kanjilal is a professor. Her mother, Sharbani Kanjilal is a homemaker. Arunita’s mother is also a very good singer and is an inspiration for Arunita to learn singing. Her mother’s family is involved in music for generations now.
Arunita Kanjilal started her career in 2013 with Zee TV Bangla’s singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Sa Little Champs when she was only 10 years of age. She became the winner of the show and gained a lot of popularity. After that, she started performing stage shows across the state of Bengal and got the opportunity to work with many popular Bollywood Celebrities.
In 2020, Arunita Kanjilal auditioned for Sony TV’s singing reality show Indian Idol Season 12. She mesmerised the judges Neha Kakkar, Vishal Dadlani, and Himesh Reshammiya when she sang the song, “Ae Re Pawan” and got selected for the show.
- Food: Biryani, Pastry
- Colour: Pink
- Arunita Kanjilal was fascinated with music since childhood and therefore started her classical singing training at the age of 8.
- Arunita besides singing also knows how to play the Harmonium.
- She has got her classical singing training from her maternal uncle.
- Arunita runs a YouTube channel, Arunita Kanjilal, where she posts her singing videos and has more than 66 Thousand subscribers on it.
- Arunita Kanjilal loves wearing Indian outfits especially Saree.
- She loves spending time at home with her mother and does not have a lot of friends.