Siddharth Mahadevan is an Indian singer, composer, music director, and entrepreneur. He has sung songs in many Bollywood films and other regional language films as well. He is the elder son of noted Indian singer and composer, Shankar Mahadevan.
Siddharth Mahadevan Shankar Zaubacorp was born on Friday, 16 April 1993 (age 30; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. His zodiac sign is Aries. He completed his schooling at Sacred Heart High School & Junior College, Vashi, Navi Mumbai. He later attended SIES College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai and later pursued Bachelor’s in Mass Media at R.D. National College, Mumbai. He was interested in music since childhood and wrote songs with his cousin Soumil Shringarpure. He learnt both, Indian and Carnatic music, to become an accomplished singer. He later ventured to become a professional singer.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
His father, Shankar Mahadevan, is a popular Indian singer, and his mother, Sangeeta Mahadevan, is a homemaker. He has a younger brother named Shivam Mahadevan who is also a singer.
He is unmarried.
He is single.
He follows Hinduism.
He made his debut as a singer in 2005 when he sang the title track for the film Bunty Aur Babli. His big break came in 2013 when he sang the song Zinda in the film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and won many awards. He sang the Malang song in the 2013 film Dhoom 3, Pehli Baar song in the 2015 film Dil Dhadakne Do, Nachde Ne Saare song in the 2016 film Baar Baar Dekho, Dankila song in the 2019 film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, and Nok Jhok song in the 2020 film Chhapaak.
He has also sung in Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam languages. He sang Jhale Gele Visarave song in the 2012 Marathi film Swapna Tujhe Ni Majhe, Ullangayil Ennai Vaithu song in the 2014 Tamil film Vadacurry, Hey Kannil Nokkathe song in the 2015 Malayalam film Chirakodinja Kinavukal, Dhanak Dhanak song in the 2015 Marathi film Urfi, Ukku Naram song in the 2017 Telugu film Guru, Nenje Nenje song in the 2018 Tamil film Semma, and Baby Won’t Yo Tell Me song in the 2019 film Saaho.
He created his composition in 2010 when he was studying in 10th standard for Neeta Lulla‘s show in Lakme Fashion Week. His maiden film as a music composer was the 2012 Marathi film Swapna Tujhe Ni Majhe. He later composed songs for the 2012 Hindi film Midnight’s Children, the 2015 Marathi film Sugar Salt Ani Prem, and the 2015 Hindi film The Perfect Girl.
He has worked as a music director for the 2012 Marathi film Swapna Tujhe Ni Majhe.
He is the director of Swaratnika Digital Sound Private Limited since 2012 and Lambodara Digital Sound Private Limited since 2012. He is a business partner of Gajavadana Showbox Llp since 2019.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Most Entertaining Male Singer award Zinda song of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag film at BIG Star Entertainment Awards in 2013
- Won RD Burman Award for New Music Talent and nominated for Best Male Playback Singer award for Zinda song of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag film at Filmfare Awards in 2014
- Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer award for Zinda song of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag film at International Indian Film Academy Awards in 2014
- Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer award for Zinda song of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag film at Screen Awards in 2014
- Nominated for Best Zinda song of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag film at Mirchi Music Awards in 2014
- Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer award for Malang song of Dhoom 3 film at Star Guild Awards in 2014
- Jury Prize for the film 2 States at Mirchi Music Awards in 2015
- Won National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Marathi for the film ‘Ekda Kaay Zala’ on 17 October 2023
He owns a 1961 Chevy Biscayne.
- He is a dog lover and has two dogs named Honey and Kiwi.
- He has a collection of many shoes, especially sneakers such as Travis Scott x Air Jordan XXXIII NRG, Air Jordan 6 Retro City Chinese New Year, and Adidas x Pharrell Williams CNY BYW.
- He likes to play video games like FIFA during his leisure time.
- He has performed in many live concerts and has also appeared on many reality singing shows. In October 2019, he sang in a live concert for the Indian Army in Kolkata. In September 2022, he sang in front of a crowd of more than one lakh people during the inauguration ceremony of the National Games in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- His father realised his musical instincts when Siddharth was three as he had a good sense for rhythms.
- In an interview, he described Linkin Park as his favourite band and said that he would have liked to see Michael Jackson perform ‘How I Wish I could say’ live on stage. Deccan Chronicle
- He is a sports lover and likes to watch cricket, football, and tennis.
- In May 2023, he appeared in an episode of The Kapil Sharma Show with his father, Shankar Mahadevan, and brother, Shivam Mahadevan.