Tulsi Kumar is an Indian playback singer and entrepreneur.
Tulsi Kumar Ralhan (married name) was born on 15 March 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
She pursued her Bachelor’s in economics and Psychology from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi. At the age of 6, she started attending Suresh Wadkar’s Ajivasan Music Academy, where she learned light classical music. She got trained in music by Pt. Vinod Mishra and Pt. Satyanarayan Mishra.
Height: 5′ 3″
Weight: 55 kg
Figure Measurement: 33-26-33
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Tulsi belongs to a Punjabi Hindu Family. Her father, Gulshan Kumar, was a singer, film producer, and founder of the music label, T-Series. Her mother’s name is Sudesh Kumari.
She has an elder brother named Bhushan Kumar, who is a film producer and music composer and producer. He is also the chairman of T-Series. Bhushan Kumar is married to the director/ producer, Divya Khosla Kumar. She has an elder sister named Khushali Kumar, who is a fashion designer.
Tulsi Kumar got married to Hitesh Ralhan, an entrepreneur on 18 February 2015. She has a son named Shivaay Ralhan, who was born in 2015.
She made her debut as a singer with the song “Shabe Firaaq” from the film “Chup Chup Ke (2006).”
However, the turning point in her career came with the song “Tum Jo Aaye Zindagi Mein” from “Once Upon A Time In Mumbai” in 2010.
She released her debut album “Love Ho Jaaye” in 2009.
In 2015, she sang “Mainu Ishq Da Lagya Rog”, through which her sister Khushali, made her first on-screen appearance.
- International Women’s Day Award for Excellence in the field of music in 2018
- Mirchi Music Award
She has won 3 Mirchi Music Award; the first one being for Best Album Of The Year for the film “Aashiqui 2” in 2014.
- Global Indian Music Academy Awards (GiMa)
She has won 3 GiMa’s; the first one being for Best music debut non-film album for the album “Love Ho Jaaye” in 2010.
- Food: Italian cuisine, Mexican cuisine
- Song: “Tujhse Naaraz Nahi Zindagi” from the film “Masoom (1983)”
- Musician: Kishore Kumar, Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sonu Nigam, Armaan Malik, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal
- Travel Destination: Miami, London, Prague
- Brand: Gucci, Prada
- She likes travelling and gymming.
- She spends most of her time studying or reading.
- Her Bollywood song “Shabe Firaaq” from the film “Chup Chup Ke (2006),” which she sang alongside Himesh Reshammiya was a huge hit.
- She practices singing for at least two hours a day.
- There is an interesting story about Tulsi’s birth. After her parents had Bhushan and Khushali, they decided that they didn’t want to have a third child. Suddenly, her grandmother passed away, so, Gulshan Kumar wished to have another daughter. Gulshan was a devotee of Lord Shiva and Vaishno Devi, so, he pilgrimaged to Vaishno Devi, and asked for a girl child. Somebody told him there that he would have a baby girl on 15 March, that way he would get his mother back, and Tulsi was born on 15 March.
- She and Hitesh Ralhan met for the first time at a common friend’s wedding. After which, she became friends and then starting dating each other.
- She runs T-Series Stageworks Academy, an academy of films, music, and performing arts, along with her sister Khushali and husband Hitesh Ralhan.
- She works as a voice-over artist for the YouTube channel, T-Series Kids Hut.
- She would’ve done an MBA, if not singing.
- In 2018, she released an album that contained her father’s all-time hits titled, ‘Tulsi Kumar – Romantic Collection.’ The album includes sang a single titled “Mere Papa,” along with her sister Khushali, which they dedicated to their father.
- She likes shopping and goes for the shopping holidays in London or Milan.
- She appeared as a child artiste in the devotional song “Shankar Mera Pyara.”