Armaan Malik is an Indian playback singer and actor who is best known for being the youngest singer to win two debut awards at Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA) and best playback singer award at Big Star Entertainment Awards in 2015.
Armaan Malik was born on 22 July 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022)in Mumbai.
He did his schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. He has done his Honours in Music from Berklee College of Music, Boston, Massachusetts. He started learning music at the very young age of 4. He learned singing from Ritu Kaul and Qadir Mustafa Khan. Armaan’s Zodiac sign is Cancer.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 32″, Biceps 11″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Armaan Malik was born to the music director, composer, singer, and actor Daboo Malik and Jyothi Malik, who is a teacher. He has a brother named Amaal Mallik.
The famous music director, Anu Malik is his uncle who got married to Anju Malik, and the couple has two daughters Ada Malik and Anmol Malik, who are cousin sisters of Armaan Malik.
His another uncle, Abu Malik is a film score composer. Abu Malik has a son named Aadar Malik, who is an actor, singer and stand-up comedian and a daughter named Kasheesh Malik.
He is the grandson of the veteran Indian music director and score composer, Sardar Malik and his grandmother’s name is Kausar Jahan Malik.
He said in an interview that he was in love with a girl. The girl is also a famous personality, and he would like their relationship to be a secret.
He was once rumoured to be dating indo-kiwi singer Shirley Setia.
Armaan Malik dated YouTuber Aashna Shroff for a long period of time. According to sources, they started dating in 2017, but they later broke up; however, in 2019, the couple started dating each other again. Hindustan Times On 28 August 2023, Armaan Malik proposed to Aashna Shroff with a song titled ‘Kasam Se – The Proposal.’
He got his singing break with the 2008 movie “Bhoothnath.” The song was “Mere Buddy,” which he sang with Amitabh Bachchan.
In 2014, he sang “Tumko To Aana Hi Tha,” “Love You Till The End,” and title track from Salman Khan’s movie Jai Ho (2014). He has sung “Main Hoon Hero Tera” from the movie Hero and “Khwaishein” from the movie Calendar Girls. He rose to fame after his song “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon,” featuring Emraan Hashmi and Esha Gupta. He sang two Bengali songs for the movie “Amar Aponjon.” Armaan lent his voice to the Hindi soundtrack of the movie “2.0,” under A. R. Rahman’s composition. Armaan’s first movie appearance was in the movie “Kaccha Limboo” in the year 2011.
- Reportedly, Armaan and his brother Amaal Mallik stormed out of The Kapil Sharma Show; following Kapil Sharma’s fallout with Sunil Grover. It attracted a controversy. Armaan put a stop to the controversy by tweeting that they were not supposed to be on the show because he was out of the town and his brother had an important meeting to attend.
- It was the time before Justin Bieber Purpose Tour in India. Sonakshi Sinha was in the news for singing at the concert’s opening ceremony, and Kailash Kher tweeted his disagreement over it. The disagreement resulted in a fight between Sonakshi and Armaan when Armaan tweeted saying that he agreed with Kailash Kher and singers were not given their due place in the industry. The argument took an ugly turn involving his brother Amaal. In the end, Sonakshi replied that she was not going to sing at the concert.
- Filmfare R D Burman Award in 2016
- Mirchi Music Awards for Indipop Song of the Year for “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon” in 2017
Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA)
- ‘Best Debutant Award-Film’ for the song “Auliya” of the film Ungli in 2015
- Jagjit Singh Award – Best Music Debut in 2015
- Best Music Video for “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon” in the movie 2016
- Food: Italian Food, Churros
- Musician: R. D. Burman, A. R. Rahman, Pritam Chakraborty
- Singer: Mohammed Rafi, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Chris Brown, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Rihanna, Michael Bublé, Coldplay, Justin Bieber
- Song: Phir Le Aaya Dil from the film Barfi, Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin from the movie Agneepath, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna from the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Fix You by Coldplay
- Colour: Black
Armaan Malik has a net worth of $9.5 million. He charges ₹ 10-30 lakhs for songs per movie.
- Armaan loves football and is a fan of FC Bayern Munich.
- He was one of the finalists in Zee TV’s show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.” He got eliminated after reaching the Top 7 position.
- He was in the middle of his exam when he was called out for the recording of “Mere Buddy” from the movie “Bhoothnath (2008).”
- After he was done with the recording of “Mere Buddy,” the directors had decided to replace his voice with someone else. Eventually, it was Armaan’s version of the song that was selected for the movie.
- Armaan Malik has also been associated with the singing reality show “The Voice India” as one of the judges.
- Apart from singing, he is a fine guitar and piano player.
- His fandom is known as “Armaanians.”
- His favourite clothing brand is Zaara.
- He doesn’t read newspapers.
- He has a pet dog, which he calls “Lil’ lion.”
- He wishes to sing a duet with Arijit Singh.
- Armaan believes in ‘Love At First Sight.’
- He has a crush on the famous Indian actress Deepika Padukone.
- His most prized possession is his Guitar.
- According to a poll conducted on ’50 Asia’s Sexiest Men 2018,’ Armaan Malik stood at the 21st place.
- When people ask Armaan if he wants to be an actor. He says, “I don’t want that. It takes up to 15 years to learn singing, the same is the case with acting. So, I want to do what I am best at. I only want to act in my music videos. That’s it.”
- He always wanted to have action figures of Avengers Like other kids. Now that he has it, he says, “As every other kid I always wanted to play with these action figures, but unfortunately I could never afford the “original” ones that everyone else at my school had. Today, I finally have this super cool avengers collection in my possession!! I’m glad how life turns around.”