Emraan Hashmi is an Indian actor. He is best known for his roles in Murder, Zehar, and Aashiq Bnaya Aaapne. Hashmi is often tagged as the “Serial Kisser” of the Bollywood. Let’s find out some more interesting facts about the actor.
Emraan Hashmi was born on 24 March 1979 (age 42 years; as of 2021) in Pulgaon, Maharashtra, India. He did his schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai and went to Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai to pursue bachelors of commerce (B.com). He was inclined towards acting right from his childhood.
Emraan has appeared in many TV commercials as a child. He worked as an assistant director in the film “Raaz” before making his debut in Bollywood.
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42” Waist 32” Biceps 14”
In September 2021, he shared a collage of videos and photos on social media in which he was seen undergoing physical transformation, reportedly for the Bollywood film Tiger 3.
Family, Caste & Wife
Emraan Hashmi was born into a Muslim Family. he belongs to the Shia sect of Islam. His father, Anwar Hashmi, is a businessman and actor. His mother, Maherahh Hashmi, was an actress, who died of cancer in March 2016. Emraan has a brother, Calvin Hashmi. He is the nephew of Mahesh Bhatt, who is a director and producer. Emraan is the cousin of Pooja Bhatt, Alia Bhatt, Rahul Bhatt, and Shaheen Bhatt.
Emraan dated Parveen Shahani for six years before getting married to her on 14 December 2006 in a private ceremony. The couple has a son, Aayan Hashmi, who was born in the year 2010.
Emraan made his debut in Bollywood with Vikram Bhatt’s “Footpath.” Although the movie did not work well on the box office, his performance was appreciated by the critics. Next, he featured in “Murder” which proved to be a turning point of his career as his performance was applauded in the movie. The movie was a hit at the box office. After working in Murder, Emraan appeared in the lead role in Zaher (2005), Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005), and Gangster (2006). As he performed kissing scene in his movies frequently, he is often tagged with the title of “Serial Kisser.”
In 2008, he played the role of Arjun Dixit in the film, “Jannat.” Subsequently, he continued to do films like Raaz: The Mystery Continues (2009), Once Upon A Time In Mumbai (2010), The Dirty Picture (2011), Murder 2 (2011), Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (2011), Jannat 2 (2012), Raaz 3 (2012), and Ek Thi Daayan (2013).
In 2012, he was spotted in an altogether different look in the film Shanghai where he was seen playing a character of an adult filmmaker. His performance in the film was critically acclaimed.
Emraan has also been seen in a number of ad commercials, but he chooses them very wisely.
In 2014, his 4-year-old son was diagnosed with cancer. It was the most difficult phase of Emraan’s life. In 2016, he launched his autobiographical book “The Kiss of Life” in which he shared his experiences when his son was detected with cancer and how he dealt with the treatment.
In 2016, Emraan featured in the biographical sports drama, “Azhar.” In the same year, he played an evil spirit in the horror film, “Raaz Reboot.”
- In 2009, when ‘Nibbana cooperative housing society’ in the Pali Hill area, Bandra, Mumbai denied giving him a flat, he accused the society of “religious discrimination,” and said that his No Objection Certificate (NOC) was rejected because of his religion. M.D. Suvarna, the person from whom Emraan wanted to purchase the flat, said that he didn’t want to sell it anymore. He further added, “I received a call from my son in Canada that he might return and might need the flat; he then advised me not to sell it. I informed the Hashmis that my plans had changed and my son needed the flat.”
- On the sets of “Koffee With Karan,” he described Aishwarya Rai as “plastic,” Aamir Khan as “boring,” and Imran Khan as “overrated.”
Car/ Bike Collection
Emraan’s car collection includes BMW 5 series, Audi A8, and Honda Civic. He also owns a Ducati Diavel bike.
With a net worth of ₹89 Crore, Emraan gets paid ₹10-12 crore per film.
- Food: Sushi
- Perfume: Eternity by Calvin Klein.
- Brands: Diesel, G-Star, Replay, Dsquared2, Hugo Boss, Audemars Piguet
- Restaurant: Bademiya in Mumbai
- Colours: black, white, blue
- Travel Destination: France
- Superhero: Batman
- Hobbies: video games, collecting watches, doing photography
- Emraan consumes alcohol occasionally.
- His father is a Muslim and mother is a Christian (Catholic).
- Hashmi was supposed to start his career in Bollywood with the film, “Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar” (2001) opposite Ameesha Patel but it didn’t happen as the makers thought that he was not fit for the role.
- Though he is tagged as the Serial Kisser of Bollywood, his film, Awarapan, was an exception as it had no kissing scene.
- Emraan hates partying and socializing as it makes him feel bored.
- Emraan dislikes watching movies since his childhood.
- Emraan changed his screen name to Farhan Hashmi after the release of his first film. However, he changed it back to Emraan Hashmi after the release of Murder.
- Emraan likes buying latest cars and bikes.
- Emraan prefers keeping his personal life away from the media.
- He is a gadget enthusiast.
- Interestingly, his songs create more buzz than his movies and they alone make half of the cost of the entire movie.
- When asked about the best and worst on-screen kiss, Hashmi said that he had the best one with Jacqueline Fernandez in Murder 2 and the worst one was with Mallika Sherawat in Murder.
- His family and friends fondly call him Emmi.
- He resides at a duplex in Bandra, Mumbai.
- His grandfather, Shauqat Hashmi, moved to Pakistan after the Indo-Pak Partition, while his grandmother, Meherbano Mohammad Ali (a.k.a Purnima), who was an actress, stayed back in India.