Naved Shaikh is an Indian Hip-Hop Rapper. His stage name is Naezy The Baa – Naezy The Crazy. Let us find out some more interesting details about Naved Shaikh’s life, his family, biography and other facts.
Naved was born on 10 August 1993 (age 25; as in 2018) Rolling Stone, India in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He was educated at a convent school in Mumbai and later enrolled in Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Mumbai.
At the age of 13, he was inspired by Sean Paul’s song ‘Temperature,’ which he happened to hear at a marriage event. During his college days, he formed a hip-hop group along with his friends by the name, “The Schizophrenics.”
In 2014, he posted a DIY musical video, Aafat, on YouTube. Soon, the song went viral, gathering millions of views.
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 60 kg
Body Measurements: 40′ Chest, 30′ Waist, 12′ Biceps
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Girlfriend & Caste
Naved was born into a lower-middle-class orthodox Muslim Family. He grew up in Ram Bachan chawl of Mumbai, where his family has been residing since 1935. He is the only child of his parents. His father works in Dubai.
In 2014, a documentary titled, ‘Bombay 70,’ was made, which focused on the life of Naezy, and how he attracted fame through his talent. In 2015, Naezy collaborated with his fellow rapper, Divine, and released a song ‘Mere Gully Mein’ under Sony India, which received around 10 million views. It was also referred to be the Mumbai’s rap anthem.
In 2017, Naezy made his debut with the song, Rap Knock Out in the Bollywood movie, Bank Chor.
- He admires the songs sung by Lil Wayne and Sean Paul.
- Due to the lack of proper guardianship from his father, who stayed in Dubai, Naezy fell in bad company as a child. He has also experienced both physical and mental torture when he was locked up for a night.
- His idol rapper is Tupac Shakur.
- In his initial days, Naezy replicated the rapping style of rappers like Lil Wayne and Sean Paul.
- He likes to wear branded clothes.
- He is a Non-Vegetarian.
- He resides in the chawl area of Kurla in Mumbai.
- He is fluent in Urdu, Hindi, English, Marathi and Arabic.
- In 2016, he performed in the season finale episode of the show, On Air With AIB, and sang ‘Tragedy Me Comedy.’
View this post on Instagram
Tonight I am performing #OnAirwithAIB title track 'Tragedy Me Comedy' in the last segment of the season finale episode. The show will air on Star World and Star Plus at 10 pm and 10:30 pm respectively. Channel zaroor ghumao between 10:20-10:30 Star World and 10:50-11:00 Star Plus. #AIB #Naezy #Sez #OML #TragedyMeComedy
- He recorded his first song, Aahat, on his iPad, sent by his father from Dubai to video chat with his family via Skype.
- According to the reports, Naezy himself shot and recorded his first song, Aahat, on his iPhone.
- After his first solo release Aahat, Naezy was offered a deal with, Only Much Louder, artist and an event management company.
- He gave a live performance at NH7 Weekender festival in Pune in front of 18,000 fans.
- Zoya Akhtar, film director, first saw his performance while her movie, Dil Dhadakne Do. She was inspired by his story and decided to make a movie on him when she met him at Blue Frog Club in Mumbai.
- His hobbies include travelling.
- In 2019, a Bollywood movie titled, Gully Boy, released which depicts the life of street rappers Naezy & Divine. The role of Naezy is played by Ranveer Singh.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Rolling Stone, India|