Sayani Gupta is a popular Indian actress. She came into the limelight with the 2017 film ‘Jolly LLB 2,’ in which she played the role of Hina Siddiqui.
Sayani Gupta was born on Wednesday, 9 October 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019), in Calcutta, West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her graduation from Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi. Later, she attended Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. IMDB
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Sayani was born in a Hindu family.
Family, Caste & Husband
He father, Kamal Gupta was a musician and has worked at All India Radio. Her mother, Maitreyi Gupta has worked at BSNL in Kolkata. She has two brothers, Bhairav Gupta and Ahir Gupta. She is not married yet.
After completing her graduation, she started working at Indian Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd in the marketing and sales department. In September 2011, she left her job and moved to Mumbai to pursue her career in acting. She has acted in various theatre plays, like ‘Trivial Disasters,’ ‘Noises Off,’ and ‘Cock.’ She debuted as an actor in the 2012 film, ‘Second Marriage Dot Com.’ She got fame through her second film, ‘Margarita with a Straw’ (2014); starring Kalki Koechlin. She has appeared in various Bollywood films, including ‘Fan’ (2016), ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ (2016), ‘Jolly LLB 2’ (2017), and ‘Article 15’ (2019).
She has appeared in Hindi short films, like ‘Leeches’ (2015), ‘Call Waiting’ (2016), ‘The Proposal’ (2017), and ‘Shameless’ (2019). She has also acted in various Hindi web-series, including ‘Inside Edge’ (2017), ‘Four More Shots Please!’ (2019), ‘Posham Pa’ (2019), and ‘Four More Shots Please! Season 2’ (2020).
She lent her voice for the songs ‘Kahab To’ from “Article 15” (2019) and background vocals of “Four More Shots Please” (2019) soundtracks.
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Film: Apur Sansar (1959) and Heerak Rajar Deshe (1980)
- TV Show: Big Little Lies (2017)
- She is trained in Bharatanatyam for 17 years under Thankamani Kutti in Kalamandalam.
- She joined a theatre group Nandikar and has worked with the theatre veterans such as MK Raina in Delhi.
- She is trained in different dance forms, like modern dance, ballet, and Kallaripayatu (Indian martial arts).
- She has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She drinks alcohol occasionally.
- Sayani Gupta shared her #MeToo movement, she said,
When I was 7-8 years old, I was surrounded by an old man in the bus, at that time I crushed his leg to protect myself, causing him to shout. It is very important to do this for your safety. Women should always beware of people whose motives are wrong.”