Chirag Patil is an Indian actor who is known for various Marathi and Hindi films. He gained popularity for his role as ‘Omkar’ in the Marathi movie Vazandar (2016).
Chirag Patil was born on Tuesday, 10 March 1987 (age 36 years; as of 2023). His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his schooling at King George School, Dadar. He went to R. D. National College, Mumbai to complete his graduation.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Grey
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 46 Inches, Waist: 38 Inches, Biceps: 16 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Chirag`s father’s name is Sandeep Patil, and he is a former Indian cricketer.
His mother’s name is Deepa Patil.
He has a younger brother whose name is Prateek Patil, and he is a filmmaker.
Wife & Children
He got married to his childhood friend Sana Ankola on 1 December 2016. She is the daughter of former cricketer Salil Ankola.
Chirag has a daughter whose name is Riana.
Chirag started his acting career with the Hindi movie Chargesheet in 2011.
He later appeared in other Hindi films like No Smoking (2012), Wake Up India (2013), Villa (2013), Lost and Found (2014), and 83 (2021).
Chirag debuted with the Marathi film Raada Rox in 2011.
He featured in other Marathi films like Nidray (2016), Whatsup Lagna (2017), Asehi Ekada Vhave (2018), Dil Dosti Deewangi (2019), and Marathi Paul Pudhe (2019).
In 2015, Chirag featured in a Marathi serial titled Yek Number as ‘Deva’ on Star Pravah.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2019, he was on the rank twenty-second in The Times of India’s Top 30 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra.
- In 2020, he was ranked thirteenth in The Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra.
- He owns a Fortuner.
- He owns a Mercedes Benz.
- He owns a Renault Scenic.
- Chirag follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- His hobbies include travelling and dancing.
- In an interview, Chirag revealed that as a child, he did not like studying, and he was very naughty in school and at home. He also added that when his father used to host a party at their home, he used to meet former cricketers.
- He had a lot of pressure to become a cricketer because his father and grandfather were cricketers. In an interview, he said that when he was young, once his father saw him playing cricket, and he suggested he not play cricket and try something else for the future.
- Chirag did his first job at the age of 18, where he used to record the stock analysis at his uncle’s factory in Pune.
- He portrayed the role of his father Sandeep Patil, who is a former cricket player in the movie ’83.’ Chirag was trained for cricket by his father so that he could play the role ideally. The movie also stars Ranveer Singh, Tahir Raj Bhasin, and Saqib Saleem. In an interview, he talked about how he felt while playing the role of his father. He said,
I’m really excited, the ’83 World Cup win is considered a milestone in Indian history and to be a part of that team is a dream come true and playing my father who’s my hero is just awesome. I don’t think any actor has ever played his father on screen, I’m a first.”
- Chirag’s father was in the playing squad in the 1983 World Cup that was won by India and was held in Lords along with Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Mohinder Amarnath, and others.
- Chirag`s father wrote a letter to Chirag, in which he told him how proud he was of him.
- Chirag, his wife and his daughter were tested positive for Covid-19 in 2021. In an Instagram post, he said,
Feeling slightly better today but I am experiencing coughing and following all the protocols but it is very worrying. Thankfully our daughter is well and doing her normal things but the initial two days were very difficult for me and Sana.”
- He is often seen practising Yoga and working out and often posts photos on social media.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts photos with them.
- He often posts pictures on Instagram about his drinking habits.