Tahir Raj Bhasin is an Indian actor. He is famous for his roles in the films “Mardaani (2014),” Force 2 (2016),” “Manto (2018),” and “Chhichhore (2019).”
Tahir Raj Bhasin was born on Tuesday, 21 April 1987 (age 32 years; as in 2019) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Taurus.
At the age of 13, Bhasin started acting. When he was 15, he joined the Barry John Acting School to enhance his acting skills. He attended acting workshops of Aamir Raza Hussain, a big theatre personality in Delhi. At the age of 18, he hosted an NDTV Youth Special. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Hindu College, University of Delhi, and Master’s degree in Global Media Communication from the University of Melbourne with special papers in Screen Media, and the History and Philosophy of Film. At the age of 23, he moved to Mumbai to pursue acting as his career and joined the Institute of Advanced Acting and Behavioural Studies for a year. There, he learnt about body language and behavioural analytics. He participated in the summer intensive acting and voice training program conducted by Naseeruddin Shah in 2013. He also did workshops with Jehan Manekshaw.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Tahir Raj Bhasin was born to a Punjabi father and Kashmiri-Marathi mother. His father is a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force. His mother used to work for the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), and Aptech Computers.
He has two younger siblings; one of them (brother) is a pilot in Cathay Pacific. His grandfather was also a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force.
He started his acting career professionally by acting in short films for the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII); one of them being “Nero’s (2009),” in which he played the role of ‘Dish Pig.’ He then started working in advertisement and appeared in the TV advertisements for brands like Samsung and Canon camera. He made his first Bollywood appearance with the 2012 film “Kismat Love Paisa Dilli” in the role of ‘Bamby.’ He made special appearances in “Kai Po Che! (2013)” as ‘adult Ali Hashmi’ and “One by Two (2014)” as ‘Mihir.’ Tahir then appeared in a full-fledged role in the film “Mardaani (2014)” as ‘Karan “Walt” Rastogi.’ After this, he appeared in “Force 2 (2016),” “Manto (2018),” and “Chhichhore (2019).”
- Dessert: Gujiya, Tiramisu
- Food: Sushi, Italian Cuisines, Salmon
- Beverage: Coffee, Lemonade
- Actor: Abhay Deol, Shah Rukh Khan
- Directors: Vishal Bharadwaj, Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane, Dibaker Banerjee, Shaad Ali, Habib Faisal
- TV Series: Breaking Bad, Mindhunter
- Travel Destination: Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre
- He likes reading, drawing, watching movies, photography, and travelling.
- As a child, he participated in many fancy dress and dance competitions. At the age of 5, he started participating in plays.
- During his school days, Tahir took part in a lot of extracurricular activities and played basketball.
- During his college days, he used to participate in dancing competitions and did theatres. He participated in IIT Bombay’s cultural festival ‘Mood Indigo’ after which, he decided to become an actor.
- While pursuing his Master’s degree in Australia, Tahir worked at Melbourne Film Festival and an organization called Australia India Institute in the University of Melbourne. He also worked as a waiter at an Italian Cafe.
- Tahir doesn’t smoke, but his character (Derek) in the film “Chhichhore (2019)” demanded to smoke; as Derek is a chain smoker. As a solution, the 200 packets of cigarettes were repackaged with organic green tea and basil. Tahir Raj Bhasin had to smoke THESE many cigarettes for the film Chhichhore- Pinkvilla
- Nitesh Tiwari and Tahir are collegemates.
- In 2015, he walked for the fashion show ‘Ramp for Champs’ to support the NGO Smile Foundation, and profit made from it was used for the education of girls.
- In 2017, Tahir appeared in his first web series ‘Time Out’ in which, he played the lead role of ‘Rahul.’
- In 2017, Tahir was featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 List.
- In 2017, he was ranked in Times of India top 50 most desirable men list.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and his routine includes Mixed Martial Arts and gymming.
- Tahir was roped-in to play the role of ‘Sunil Gavaskar’ in the film “83 (2020).” The film is a biopic based on the life of Kapil Dev and the 1983 World Cup win of India.
- He is a dog person and owns a pet dog.
References [ + ]