Suchitra Krishnamoorthi is a famous Bollywood actress, singer, painter, and writer. She is famous for playing the role of ‘Anna’ in the movie Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1994).
She was born on Thursday, 27 November 1975 (age 44 years; as in 2019) in Bombay. When she was in school, she started acting in the Indian TV serials. She used to participate in singing competition in her school days.
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born in a South-Indian Hindu family. Her father is V. Krishnamoorthi and mother is Sulochana Krishnamoorthi. She is the sister of the Bollywood actress Sujata Kumar, who died due to cancer.
In 1999, she got married to the Bollywood director and producer ‘Shekhar Kapur.’ The couple got divorced in 2007. They have a daughter ‘Kaveri Kapur’ and her custody is with Suchitra.
She debuted in the TV serial Chunauti in 1987, aired on DD National. She has appeared in various TV commercials. In 1994, she debuted in the Bollywood movie ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ opposite Shah Rukh Khan and Deepak Tijori.
Suchitra is a trained singer in the ‘Gwalior Gharana style’ (a type of Indian classical music). As a singer, she has also launched pop albums Dole Dole, Dum Tara, Aha, and Zinda.
In 2009, she published her first novel ‘The Summer of Cool,’ and in 2013, she published her semi-autobiography ‘Drama Queen.’
She has also acted in some Hindi theatre plays. In 2019, she appeared in the play ‘Ek Haan’ along with the veteran actor ‘Shekhar Suman.’
- In July 2017, she posted some negative tweets against the Muslim community. The New Indian Express
- Food: Lebanese and Indian Cuisines
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Colour: Grey and Pink
- She filed a case against HSBC Bank (The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation) in 2012, for not managing her funds properly.
- She is a trained dancer and painter.
- Her hobbies include writing, painting, travelling, and shopping.
- In her semi-autobiography, she revealed that once she wanted to marry the Bollywood director ‘Ram Gopal Varma.’ Times of India
- She is a dog lover and spends her leisure time with them.