Richa Chadda is an Indian actress and model. She is also popularly known as ‘Miss Fire.’ She has essayed a variety of characters in many films including Gangs of Wasseypur, Masaan, Fukrey, and more.
Richa Chadda was born on 28 December 1988 (age 34 years; as of 2022) in the Amritsar City of Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi. She did her B. A. from St Stephen College, New Delhi. She then attended Sophia College in Mumbai to do a diploma course in Social Communication and Media.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 34-26-35
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
On Valentine’s Day in 2022, she posted a video on Instagram in which she talked about ‘body positivity.’ In the video message, she also revealed that she lost 15 kg of her body weight. Earlier, in 2020, she gained 15 kg for the Bollywood film Shakeela.
Parents & Siblings
Richa Chadda’s father, Somesh Chadda, is a businessman, and her mother, Kusum Chadda, is a professor at Delhi University. She has four brothers and a sister.
On 4 October 2022, she got married to her long-time boyfriend Ali Fazal in Lucknow.
She was in a relationship with Nikhil Dwivedi (an Indian actor) and Franck Gastambide (a French actor).
She then broke up with Franck Gastambide and started dating Ali Fazal, an actor.
She started her career as a model and then moved to theatres. She made her Bollywood debut with the 2008 film “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!.”
She made her Kannada movie debut with the film “Nirdoshi (2010).”
She made her breakthrough with the movie “Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 (2012)” by playing a pivotal role of ‘Nagma Khatoon’ in the film.
She was the lead actress in the 2015 Indo-French film “Masaan.” The movie was screened at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
- Richa Chadda was once detained at the Delhi Airport for two hours for carrying skincare Products.
- She was once trolled brutally in the Twitter when she talked about the #SelfieWithDaughter initiative of Narendra Modi in an interview. She had said that the problem with women could not be solved just by taking selfies, for which she received several hate comments from Modi Fans.
- In November 2022, she reacted to Northern Army Command Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi’s statement on Twitter and wrote ‘Galwan says Hi,’ which put her at the centre of controversy. Her tweet came after Dwivedi commented about Defence Minister Rajnath Singh’s remarks on taking back Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). Although she later deleted her tweet and shared an apology note on social media, many people, including Bollywood celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Kay Kay Menon, and Luv Sinha, condemned her tweet.
She owns a Mercedes-Benz GLE that she bought in 2017 and an Audi A4.
- Food: Biryani, Papad, Idli, Dosa, Poha
- Actress: Kareena Kapoor
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Directors: Imtiaz Ali, Rajkumar Hirani
- Colour: Green
- Perfume: Zara
- TV Show: Narcos
- Author: Rebecca West
- Book: “A Unique New Framework for Industry Storm the Norm: Untold Stories of 20 Brands That It Did Best” by Anisha Motwani
- Her mother enrolled her for the Kathak Class when she was 6 years old.
- Her maternal grandfather, Lt Colonel Dharamveer Prasad, was an Indian freedom fighter who went on to become a surgeon in the Indian Army after India’s independence.
- Her family was the victim of Khalistan riots and had to migrate to Delhi.
- She has performed in the theatres in India and Pakistan.
- She received the theatre training from Barry Jones, the famous British-born Indian theatre director.
- Richha has written and directed “Rooted In Hope (2006),” a 20-minute documentary film.
- She participated in the Gladrags Megamodel Contest in 2008.
- Before starting her acting career, she worked as a writer for a Magazine.
- Before the release of Abhay Deol’s film “Ahista Ahista (2006),” she took the interview of the actor.
- She has won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for the film “Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1” in 2013.
- Richa is a pet lover and has 2 pet cat cats at her house- Kamlu and Jugni.