Chitrashi Rawat is an Indian former hockey player and Bollywood actress who is best known for playing the role of Komal Chautala in the film Chak De! India in 2007.
Chitrashi Rawat was born on Wednesday, 29 November 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Raipur, Dehradun district, Uttrakhand, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She completed her schooling at Guru Nanak Academy, Dehradun. Chitrashi holds a Bachelor of Mass Media degree from the St. Andrews College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Chitrashi’s father, Tirath Singh Rawat, is a contractor.
Her mother, Yashoda Rawat, is a teacher and painter.
Chitrashi has a brother, Subhendu Rawat, who is a Formula 1 Engineer and an Aerospace Engineer.
On 4 February 2023, she got married to her boyfriend Dhruvaditya Bhagwanani, radio jockey-turned-actor, in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
Chitrashi Rawat is a former national-level hockey player. She represented her school and college at various levels in hockey tournaments. At the age of 17, Chitrashi represented her state Uttrakhand as a left striker in the state hockey team. While auditioning for the film Chak De! India, Chitrashi was at Jamshedpur for a tournament.
Chitrashi Rawat made her acting debut with the Bollywood film Chak De! India in 2007 in which she played the role of Komal Chautala starring Shah Rukh Khan.
In 2008, she appeared in a supporting role in the film Fashion and played the role of Shomu. In 2009, she played the role of Shortcut in the film Luck alongside Shruti Hassan and Imran Khan.
Later, Chitrashi appeared in a few movies like Yeh Dooriyan (2011) as Nikki, Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya (2012) as Dhani, Prem Mayee (2012) as Shrishti, Black Home (2015) as Mirchi, Hogaya Dimaagh Ka Dahi (2015) as Saara, and Urf Ghanta (2021) as Lollypop.
In 2006, Chitrashi Rawat made her television debut with the show F.I.R. in which she played the role of inspector Jwalamukhi Chautala on SAB TV.
In an interview, talking about her role in the television show F.I.R., Chitrashi said,
It is an honour to have gotten an opportunity to work with the SAB TV family, especially on FIR. I will give Jwalamukhi Chautala my best shot. My role is that of a sweet shy bespectacled girl who believes in pleasing people who turns into a super woman when she sees atrocities committed against women.” CNN-News18
In 2014, she played the role of Rajnigandha in the show Tu Mera Hero on StarPlus. In 2017, she appeared in the show Shankar Jai Kishan 3 in 1 in which she played the role of Simple Kapoor on SAB TV. In 2021, she appeared in the comedy television show Zee Comedy Show on Zee TV.
In 2008, she participated as a contestant in the comedy show Comedy Circus 2 on Sony TV. In 2009, Chitrashi appeared as a wild card contestant in the reality show Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao on Sony TV. In an interview, talking about her experience in the show, Chitrashi said,
It was one of the best experiences of my life; I have always been an adventurous person and the idea of living in the jungle, performing tasks, cooking and doing everything by ourselves… was exciting! I wish I could have stayed for longer. If the task did not involve water, I would have probably won.” The Times of India
Chitrashi participated in the sports reality show Box Cricket League season 3 (2018) and season 4 (2019) in which she played for the team Lucknow Nawabs and Delhi Dragons respectively on MTV India.
In 2019, Chitrashi made her debut on the OTT platform with the web series Aafat on MX Player in which she played the role of Faiza.
In 2022, Chitrashi appeared in the music video ‘Phone Busy aa Raha Tha’ alongside Kettan Singh.
In 2020, Chitrashi Rawat appeared in a commercial for the popular brand Vodafone.
Trolled for wearing ripped jeans
Reportedly, Chitrashi Rawat was trolled after her picture in ripped jeans went viral over social media. This came after the controversial statement of Uttarakhand’s Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat on women wearing ripped jeans. Chitrashi’s father’s name is Tirath Singh Rawat but social media users confused her with the daughter of Uttarakhand’s Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat. In an interview, she clarified the matter and said,
A picture of me in torn jeans is going viral and it is being claimed that I am the daughter of the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. It is true that my father’s name is Tirath Singh Rawat, but it is just a coincidence. I have no relation with the Chief Minister. India Today
Chitrashi Rawat won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Award for the film Chak De! India at Star Screen Awards 2007.
- Food: Chhole-kulche, Momos, and Bun Tikki
- Chitrashi also goes by the name Chetu.
- Chitrashi has Hydrophobia, a fear of water. Reportedly, on the sets of her film Luck, the crew had to shoot an underwater sequence in the middle of the sea, surrounded by sharks. Initially, she was scared but somehow managed to shoot the scene with the support of crew members. India Today
- Chitrashi is fond of travelling and has a great interest in exploring new places with friends and family.
- In an interview, Chitrashi revealed that while training for hockey, she went to Haridwar to attend a camp, where she was accompanied by Vandana Katariya, India’s first woman to score a hat-trick at the Olympics in 2020. The Times of India
- Chitrashi Rawat has a tattoo of Cupid inked on her back.
- In 2018, Chitrashi, while shooting for the television show Sabse Smart Kaun? on StarPlus, revealed that after Chak De India, she went through depression as she was not getting good roles in Bollywood films. Further, she said,
I am very choosy about my work. There was a point in my life when I was going through depression because I wasn’t getting good work. I used to sit for hours in my balcony and just stare at a shop,” Chitrashi said. “There were so many times that I wanted to just go down and start smoking. There was no one to stop me. But my will power was so strong that I fought back. The Times of India
- In 2017, Chitrashi walked the ramp as a showstopper for the label Gandhian Fab by Amin Farista at the Pune Fashion Week.
- In an interview, Sanya Malhotra revealed that she auditioned for the film Dangal along with Chitrashi Rawat.
- Chitrashi has performed in several theatrical productions and stage shows. Some of her plays include Hello Zindagi, Amavas Se Amaltas, and Baap Ka Baap.
- Chitrashi is a fitness enthusiast, and she practises yoga on a regular basis.
- Chitrashi is often spotted drinking wine with her friends at parties and events.