Nia Sharma is an Indian television actress. She came into the spotlight by playing the role of Manvi in the TV serial “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.” Nia was ranked No. 3 in 2016 and then, No. 2 in 2017 in the “Top 50 Sexiest Asian Women” list by the British newspaper ‘Eastern Eye.’
Nia Sharma was born on 17 September 1990 (age 28 years; as in 2018) in Delhi. Her Zodiac sign is Virgo.
She did her schooling from Delhi’s St. Xavier’s School and went to Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS), Rohini, Delhi to pursue her graduation in Mass Communication. She wanted to be a journalist since her childhood.
Height (approx.): 5’ 4”
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-26-34
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Nia Sharma belongs to a Punjabi Brahmin Family. Her father died when she was still a child. Her mother’s name is Usha Sharma. She has an elder brother, Vinay Sharma, who works in an MNC in Delhi.
Nia Sharma was rumoured to be dating the television actor Varun Jain.
Nia Sharma was also rumoured to be in a relationship with her Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai co-star, Kushal Tandon.
Nia started her acting career in 2010 with the TV serial “Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha” in which she played the role of Anu. Next, she appeared in the TV serials “Ishq Mein Marjawan” and “Behnein.” In 2011, Sharma bagged the lead role of Manvi in Star Plus’s serial “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.” The portrayal of the role of ‘Manvi’ earned her wide recognition. Thereafter, She played the role of ‘Roshini’ in Zee TV’s “Jamai Raja.”
Subsequently, she featured in the web series “Twisted.” In 2017, She participated in the season 8 of the game reality show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi” and was one of the finalists of the show.
In addition to acting, she has proved her perfect comic timing with the reality show “Comedy Nights Bachao Season 2.” She has also been a part of the cooking reality show “Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung” (2017).
She has even featured in numerous TV commercials including “Quco Hair Perfume,” “Brookside,” “Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza,” and “Sprite.”
- Star Parivaar Award and Indian Television Academy Award for Desh Ki Dhadkan (2012)
- Best Actress and Popular for Favourite Nayi Soch Kirdaar for the TV serial ‘Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai’ (2012)
- Zee Rishtey Awards for Favourite Nayi Jodi along with Ravi Dubey (2014)
- Zee Rishtey Awards for Favourite Saas Bahu Rishta along with Shruti Ulfat for the TV serial ‘Jamai Raja’ (2014)
- Television Style Award for Best Stylish Beti (2015)
- Indian Television Academy Award for Gr8! Face Female for the TV serial ‘Jamai Raja’ (2015)
- Food: Hakka Noodles, Rajma Chawal, Sitaphal Ice-cream from Naturals
- Cuisines: Italian, Indian, Continental
- Actor: Colin Farrell
- Actress: Julia Roberts
- Films: Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991), 50 First Dates (2004), Little Manhattan (2005)
- Drink: Kiss on the Lips (Alcoholic), Margarita
- Colour: Red
- Shopping Place: Infiniti Mall, Mumbai
- Destinations: Brazil, Miami
- Fashion Brands: Forever New, Zara, Guess
- Her hobbies include skating, cooking, dancing, looking at the mirror and talking to herself, driving, clicking selfies, shopping, collecting English idioms & phrases.
- She follows a vegetarian diet.
- Nia is often spotted drinking alcohol at the parties.
- Nia has a huge love for bikes.
- Her real name is “Neha” but she changed it to “Nia” as she thought that her name sounded too common.
- Nia is an avid dog lover.
- Nia is the first Indian television actress to go bald onscreen for portraying the role of Manvi Chaudhary, a girl who was suffering from cancer, in the TV serial “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.”
- Nia is a trained belly dancer.
- Nia was earlier hydrophobic; she learned swimming to overcome her fear.
- Nia Sharma is very particular about her work.
- She has some words inked on her left hand.
- She had gone through a 4 months skin treatment plan to get rid of the acne and dark circles that she got after wearing make-up for her shoot for the serial “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.”