Hiroo Johar is a popular Indian producer, best known for her movies like Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013) and My Name Is Khan (2010). She is the mother of the well-known Indian filmmaker Karan Johar.
Hiroo Johar was born as Hiroo Chopra on 18 March 1943 (age 76 years; as in 2019) in Rahon, British India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Hiroo Johar was born into a Punjabi Family. Her father was an accountant in the PWD division of the British Punjab administration. She is one of the eight siblings; including best-known Indian filmmakers BR Chopra and Yash Raj Chopra.
She was married to Yash Johar, an Indian film producer.
Hiroo is the mother of Karan Johar.
Ravi Chopra and Aditya Chopra are the nephews of Hiroo. Rani Mukerji is married to Aditya Chopra and is the daughter-in-law to Hiroo.
She has two grandchildren namely Yash and Roohi.
She was associate producer of the films like Agneepath (1990), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003) and Kaal (2005). The 2006 Bollywood film “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” was her first film as a producer. She has produced several hit films including Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013), Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016), and Raazi (2018).
BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Most Entertaining Romantic Film for “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani” in 2013
- TV Shows: Big Boss
- She is a big fan of Elvis Presley.
- Hiroo married Yash Johar with the condition that he would take her to Elvis Presley’s concert for their honeymoon.
- Right from the movie “Wake Up Sid (2009)” to “We Are Family (2010),” Hiroo produced them by the name “Hiroo Yash Johar.”
- Karan Johar has quoted Hiroo as “The Helicopter Grandma to his children.”
- Karan Johar’s twins are named after Hiroo and her husband. Yash, from his Grandfather Late Yash Johar and Roohi, is the rearrangement of Hiroo’s name.