Radhika Apte is an Indian actress. She has worked in various languages including Hindi, English, Marathi, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, and Malayalam. Let’s find out some interesting facts about Radhika Apte.
Radhika was born on 7 September 1985 (age 33 years; as in 2018) in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. She joined Tilak Nagar High School, Dombivli, Maharashtra and, later, was home-schooled along with four of her friends. During her schooling, Mathematics used to be her favourite subject, which was taught to her by her grandmother, Madhumalati Apte, who was a mathematician and a PhD from France. Along with schooling, Apte also received training in Kathak for eight years. She completed her Bachelor’s in Economics and Mathematics from Fergusson College, Pune.
At the age of 18, she started taking part in Marathi theatre plays. In 2003, she did her first play titled “Nako Re Baba.” Thereafter, she did a number of plays in Hindi and English languages like Purnaviram, Tu, Kanyadaan, Matra Ratra, Brain Surgeon, That Time, and Bombay Black. In Pune, she was associated with Mohit Takalkar’s theatre group, “Aasakta Kalamanch.” She also went to Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London, to get a Diploma in Dance Studies.
Height: 5’ 2”
Weight: 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements: 32-26-34
Family & Husband
Radhika belongs to a Marathi Hindu Family. Her father, Charudutt Apte, is a neurosurgeon and the chairman of Sahyadri Hospital, Pune. Her mother is also a doctor. She has a brother, Ketan Apte.
She was rumoured to be dating Tusshar Kapoor for some time.
In March 2013, Radhika married Benedict Taylor who is a British musician.
Radhika made her acting debut in 2005 with the role of Anjali in the Bollywood film, “Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!.” Subsequently, she appeared in films like “I Am” and “Shor in the City” under the Balaji Film Production.
She marked her debut in Bengali films with Antaheen (2009), in Marathi films with Samaantar (2009), in Telugu films with Rakht Charitra (2010), in Tamil film with Dhoni (2012), and in Malayalam films with Haram (2015).
In 2014, she appeared in 9 films in different languages and also received appreciation for many of them by the critics. Next, she portrayed the role of Binodini in the Hindi TV series, “Stories by Rabindranath Tagore.” In 2018, she co-wrote the Bollywood movie “Lust Stories,” and also played the lead role in it. In the same year, she co-starred with Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor in the comedy-drama “PadMan.”
Apte played the role of Nida Rahim in the Netflix horror miniseries “Ghoul” (2018). Her performance in the web series earned her huge fame.
Radhika has worked in a number of short films like “Darmiyan,” “Vakratunda Swaha,” “That Day After Every day,” and “The Calling.”
She has featured on the cover of several magazines like Femina Wedding Times, Cosmopolitan India, Grazia India, Garden India, and Better Homes.
- In February 2015, vulgar pictures of Apte went viral over the social media. However, it was later found that the pictures were of a lady who looked like Radhika.
- In Mach 2015, Radhika criticized the Telugu film industry for being so “patriarchal” and “male-chauvinist.” She also claimed that she had to suffer a lot in the Telugu film industry as actresses there were not treated properly.
- In April 2015, a video clip showing Apte lifting her clothes went viral on the internet. The clip was basically a part of Anurag Kashyap’s international short film. When Kashyap came to know about the incident, he rushed to the Cyber Crime Branch of Mumbai Police and registered a complaint about it.
- Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Award for Best Actress for the Bollywood film, Parched (2016)
- Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress for the Bollywood film, Madly (2017)
- Vogue Digital Disruptor Award (2018)
She owns a Volkswagen Passat car.
Radhika gets paid ₹1 crore per film.
- Food: Chicken Biryani, Caramel Custard
- Beverage: Black Tea
- Actress: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Restaurant: Blue Nile, Kayani Bakery, Cafe Goodluck, Vaishali in Pune
- Colour: Green
- Film Director: Sriram Raghavan
- Radhika Apte is addicted to smoking.
- She consumes alcohol occasionally.
- Although she moulds herself well in any role, she loves doing decent roles than the typical glamorous ones.
- Radhika Apte and Kalki Koechlin are good friends.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui once said that he had a secret crush on the actress.
- Radhika is an ardent dog lover.
- Her husband, Benedict Taylor, resides in London while she lives in Mumbai; they often visit each other.
- She is living in a flat in Versova, Mumbai.
- Her hobbies include reading, dancing, and listening to music.