Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is one of the leading actresses of Indian film industry. Her great acting skills made her the star of Bollywood. She is the titleholder of Miss World 1994. Aishwarya is also the daughter-in-law of legend Amitabh Bachchan. Check out Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
She was born on 1 November 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio. She calls by different names like Ash and Gullu. During her teenage days, she received training in classical music and dance for five years. Her passion towards dancing and music made her into the world of glamour, and at a very young age, she received lots of success in her modelling and acting career. She has worked in different languages like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, and English. One of her hit films Dil Ka Rishta (2003) was co-written by her mother and co-produced by her brother. She received several popular awards like the Padma Shri in 2009 from the Government of India and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2012 from the Government of France.
She is known for her natural beauty and charming looks. She is a fitness freak and is very particular about her diet. She is approximately 5’ 7’’ tall and weighs around 56 kg. Her figure measurement is 34-26-36. She has hazel green-blue eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Husband
Aishwarya Rai belongs to a Tuluva Bunt community and was born to an army biologist Krishnaraj Rai and a homemaker Vrinda Rai. Her father died on 18 March 2017. Her elder brother Aditya Rai is an engineer in the Merchant Navy. She is Hindu by religion.
Earlier, she had an affair with model Rajeev Mulchandani. From 1999 to 2001, she was in a relationship with Bollywood star Salman Khan. Her name was also linked with actor Vivek Oberoi.
On 20 April 2007, Aishwarya got married to actor Abhishek Bachchan after few years of in a relationship. Her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan is a Bollywood superstar and her mother-in-law Jaya Bachchan is a popular actress. The couple has a daughter Aaradhya who was born in 2011.
She did her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai and did her intermediate (+1) at Jai Hind College, Mumbai. She later did her intermediate (+2) at DG Ruparel College, Mumbai, in which she scored 90 percent. When she was in ninth class, she got an opportunity to act in a Camlin Pencils TV commercial advertisement. At the age of 18, she won an international supermodel contest that was organised by Ford Motor Company. After that, Aishwarya started working as a professional model and did numerous modelling assignments and also did numerous TV commercial advertisements. Before entering the field of modelling and acting, she considered building her career in a medicine line as Zoology was her favourite subject and later, she was enrolled at Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture with the plan of becoming an architect.
In 1994, she participated in the Miss India beauty contest and became the first runner-up. The winner of that title is Sushmita Sen. The same year, she won the title of Miss World that was held in South Africa. After winning that pageant, she received lots of offers from the Indian film industry.
She made her acting debut in 1997 with the Mani Ratnam’s Tamil film Iruvar. The film received positive reviews from the critics. In the same year, she made her Bollywood debut with the Rahul Rawail’s film Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya, in which she played the lead role of Ashi Kailashnath, opposite Bobby Deol. After that, Aishwarya acted in numerous Bollywood hit films like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Taal (1999), Mohabbatein (2000), Devdas (2002), Dhoom 2 (2006), Jodhaa Akbar (2008), Guzaarish (2010), etc. After film Guzaarish (2010), she took a break for five years from the film industry and then came back in 2015 with the Sanjay Gupta’s film Jazbaa.
- In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an amount of 20 million to publish that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5-star hotel.
- She had a controversial relationship with Salman Khan from 1999 to 2001. After the break-up, she said that she faced abuse from Salman Khan verbally, physically, and emotionally.
- In 2005, after the casting couch sting operation of Shakti Kapoor, he said that Aishwarya Rai had traded sexual favors for a spot in the films of Subhash Ghai. He later apologised for his words and said he was speaking in a wave of anger.
- A popular American actress Julia Roberts once said: “Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world.”
- Because of the heavy earrings wore during the shoot of the song Dola Re Dola of the film Devdas (2002), she suffered from ear bleeding.
- In 2002, after the success of the Devdas film, Mattel released Aishwarya Rai Barbie Dolls limited edition in the U.K.
- Aishwarya Rai was the second Indian actress after Parveen Babi to appear on the TIME magazine cover page.
- She suffered from severe cuts during the Khakee (2004) film shooting due to the out of control stuntman car.
- In 2004, she became the first Indian actress to have her wax statue at Madame Tussauds Museum in London.
- The same year, Time magazine voted her among the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- In 2005, Aishwarya was initially signed for the role of Simmi in the film Bluffmaster, but the director of the film Rohan Sippy replaced that role by Priyanka Chopra without any notice to her. After the film completion, he added a special thanks message for her as an apology in the end credits.
- She is the founder of Aishwarya Rai Foundation that helps to support needy people in India.
- In the Netherlands, a variety of Tulip flower is named Aishwarya Rai.
- She along with her family runs a production company, Target Films.
- She is the supporter of PETA India, Polio Campaign, and Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI).
- In 2009, she became the first South Asian and Indian actress to appear in the Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Aishwarya Rai is a non-vegetarian, and her favourite food is Chicken Curry.
- Her favourite actors are Raj Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan, and her favourite actress is Nargis.
- She likes to watch films, and her favourite Hollywood film is Casablanca (1942).
- Aishwarya also likes to collect watches, and she has a large collection of it.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Mani Ratnam are her all-time favourite directors.
- She likes to read during her free time, and her favourite book is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
- White, Black, and Blue are her favourite colours.
- She loves to wear the dresses designed by Giorgio Armani.
- Aishwarya Rai has a fear of cockroaches.
- She also loves to spend her holidays in Dubai, France, and South Africa.
- She has an Audi A8 car.
- Aishwarya has two home addresses; one is Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai and other is a villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai.
- She gets paid 9 to 10 crore per film, and her net worth is around $35 million.