Abu Malik is an Indian music composer and is the brother of the famous music composer, Anu Malik.
Abu Malik was born on Monday, 30 October 1961 (age 58 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
He did his schooling from Deolali’s Barnes School and his graduation from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. He received his training in music composition from his father, who is also a music director.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Abu Malik belongs to a Muslim Family. His father, Anwar Sardaar Malik was a noted music director. His mother’s name is Kausar Jahan Malik.
He has two brothers named Daboo Malik and Anu Malik, who are music directors.
Abu is married to Poonam Malik. His son, Aadar Malik is a musician, actor, and stand-up comedian. His daughter’s name is Kasheesh Malik.
He started his career as a playback singer with the film “Nigahain (1983),” in which he sang the song “Yaad Hamari Aati Hai Kya.”
He made his debut as the music composer with the American film “American Blend” (2006). He made his Bollywood debut as a music composer with the film “Bad Luck Govind” (2009).
In 2011, he opened a company called “Musicman Malik Entertainment Private Limited,” which organizes shows all around the globe.
- Destination: England, Bali
- Sports: Parasailing,
- Singers: Michael Jackson
- Cars(s): Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz
- He likes travelling and parasailing.
- Sunny Deol, one of the most famous Bollywood actors is Abu’s childhood friend. They have worked together in many films.
- Reportedly, Abu has produced and performed more than 10,000 shows all around the world with famous Bollywood celebrities.
- In 2017, he won the achievement in Excellency Award.
- In 2017, Abu published his first book “Rantings of a Mad Man.” Reportedly, it is composed of his WhatsApp conversations.
- Abu likes horse riding.
- In 2019, Abu contested in the 13th edition of Bigg Boss. Click here to check the complete list of Bigg Boss 13 contestants.
- In the same show, Abu Malik claimed that he had a pet lion. When the other contestants of the show did not believe him, he told them that he had a pet dog named “Changez Khan,” who is a Chow Chow (a Chinese breed of dog that looks like a lion).
- Apart from singing and composing, Abu Malik has also acted in some movies; one of them is the “Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya” (1998), in which he played the role of ‘Ujala’s father.’