Evelyn Lakshmi Sharma is an Indian actress, philanthropist, wellness advocate, and a former model who holds German citizenship. Yahoo.comShe shot to fame with the Bollywood film “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.”
Evelyn Sharma was born on Saturday, 12 July 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Frankfurt, Germany. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She grew up in a small town in Germany. She developed an interest in drama at a young age and did theatre when she was in high school. In 2006, while she was still in high school, she was offered a cameo in a British-American Film “Turn Left.”
After completing her schooling, Evelyn pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from a college in Europe. She, then, started working for various charity organisations in Europe and while working there, Evelyn received a modelling project; which she accepted as it gave her an opportunity to tour the world. While she was working in Europe, people suggested her to visit India; as it would scale up her modelling and acting career.
Height (approx.): 5’ 7”
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Evelyn Sharma was born to a Punjabi father and German mother in Frankfurt, Germany. Evelyn met Tushaan Bhindi, a Sydney-based dental surgeon, for the first time on a blind date in 2018. The date was organised by one of their common friends. The couple dated each other for a year and got engaged on 8 October 2019.
Evelyn Sharma started her career as a model by doing various ad campaigns and TV commercials. She was often spotted by filmmakers who invited her to give audition for the films. However, before taking up any assignments, Sharma underwent a four months intensive acting course at Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York.
She, then, headed to India and was offered a role in Divya Khosla Kumar’s film “Yaariyan.” The project, however, got delayed and Evelyn made her acting debut in Bollywood with the film “From Sydney with Love” in which she played the role of ‘Lubaina Snyder’ (2012). It was followed by a crucial role in “Nautanki Saala!”
Her breakthrough came in 2013 with the Ranbir Kapoor starer film “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.” Evelyn played her first solo lead in the film “Ishqedarriyaan” in 2015 opposite Mithun Chakraborty‘s son Mahaakshay Chakraborty. Some of her noted films include “Issaq,” “Main Tera Hero,” “Hindi Medium,” “Yaariyan,” “Jab Harry Met Sejal,” and “Jack and Dil.”
She made her singing debut in 2014 with the song “Something Beautiful,” which was produced by Brooklyn Shanti. She has also walked the ramp for many popular fashion designers.
Besides acting and singing, Evelyn runs a charity foundation called “Seams For Dreams.” The NGO collects old clothes, shoes, bags, and many other things and donates them to the less privileged.
In 2019, she made her Tollywood debut with the action thriller “Saaho.”
- Evelyn landed into a controversy when she posed nude for the ‘Krunch Magazine.’ What was best is that the magazine gained popularity because of her, rather than the other way around.
- In January 2014, a stage performance by Evelyn at the Saifai Mahotsav festival in UP landed her in the midst of a controversy involving the Samajwadi Party (SP) leader, Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son, Akhilesh Yadav. They were criticised for taking part in the fest, while more than 43,000 people had gone homeless in UP after the Muzaffarnagar riots; before 3 months of the 2014 Saifai Mahotsav.
- Food: Currywurst, Taco
- Book: “The Four Loves” by C.S. Lewis
- Restaurant: Hakkasan
- Fashion Designers: Rocky S, Falguni, Shane Peacock, Sonaakshi Raj
- Director: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Films: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), You’ve Got Mail (1998)
- Apparels: Lehenga, Saree
- Travel Destinations: Paris, Frankfurt, Philippines
- Song: Wolves by Selena Gomez
- Film Dialogue: “Main udna chahta hun, daudna chahta hun, girna bhi chahta hun. Bas, rukna nahi chahta” from ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’
- Colour: Red
- Her hobbies include singing, writing, travelling, doing yoga, and horse riding.
- Evelyn was born into a financially weak family. When she was a child, her mother used to shop second-hand clothes for Evelyn from the vintage markets.
- Evelyn grew up sewing quilts from her old clothes using an ancient sewing machine.
- Interestingly, she never experienced a flight until she was 18 years old.
- Evelyn started dubbing her voice from her very first film.
- In 2016, Evelyn was invited by Donald Trump (the US President) at the White House for the dinner.
- In an interview, Evelyn told that if not an actor, she would have been an entrepreneur and owned a wellness spa or salon.
- She has featured on the covers of various magazines like “Lifestyle Magazine,” “Women Fitness Magazine,” and “X O E Magazine.”
- She draws her inspiration from her mother.
- She is well versed in 8 different languages which include Hindi, English, French, Thai, Russian, Dutch, Spanish, and Tagalog.
- She is very particular about her fitness and visits the gym regularly.
- Evelyn is very fond of dogs and owns a pet dog named Buchki.
- After Evelyn played a cameo in the British film “Turn Left,” the filmmaker, Dominic Jackson, offered her a meaty role in his next drama, but she turned down the proposal; as the concerned female character has to go nude for a particular scene.
- In 2019, Evelyn was stalked by a fan, who was waiting for her arrival from the sets of Saaho. When Evelyn reached her hotel after wrapping up her shoot, she was shocked to find a fan waiting for her outside her hotel room.
- On 8 October 2019, Evelyn’s boyfriend, Tushaan Bhindi, proposed her for marriage in a fairytale style. The doctor went down on his knees and presented her a beautiful ring at the Harbour Bridge in Sydney. While sharing the incident, Evelyn says,
It was a dream come true! Tushaan knows me so well, his proposal was perfect! We met on a blind date last year, which was set up by our good friend. Tushaan is a romantic guy and he’s even filmier than I am.”
References [ + ]