Disha Patani is a famous Indian model and a Bollywood actress. Before marking her debut with a Telugu film ‘Loafer’ (2015), she was already a famous face in the modelling world. Let us check out Disha Patani’s age, details about her personal life, her career, and other interesting facts.
Disha Patani born in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. Her real age has been a matter of controversy. According to some sources, she was born on 13 June 1992 (26 years old; age as in 2018) whereas some other sources say that the actress was born on 27 July 1995 (23 years old; age as in 2018). Times of India She was the first runner-up in Miss Indore 2013. She always aspired to become an actress. Patani is best known for her portrayal of the role of ‘Priyanka Jha in the Bollywood movie ‘M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.’ She also has a huge fan base on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. Disha posts pictures on her social media accounts regularly and keeps her fans entertained.
Disha Patani is a fitness enthusiast. She is 5′ 7″ tall and weighs around 50 kg. She visits the gym regularly.
Disha Patani regularly practices kicking, boxing, and headstands.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Disha Patani belongs to an upper-middle-class Kshatriya (Rajput) family. Her father Mr. Jagdeesh Singh Patani is a DSP in the Uttar Pradesh Police Department. Her mother is a housewife. She has an elder sister Khushboo Patani and a younger brother Suryansh Patani. Although she was born in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India but she traces her roots back to Tanakpur, Uttarakhand, India.
Disha Patani was in a relationship with ‘Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan‘ actor Parth Samthaan for a while.
Reportedly, she is dating actor Tiger Shroff who was also her co-actor in Baaghi 2. Both came into a relationship after sharing a bond of friendship for a long time.
Disha pursued a degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Amity University, Lucknow. While she was still in the first year, she started receiving a number of modelling offers. She dropped out of the second year of her degree and went on to participate in the 2013 Femina Miss India Indore. Disha Patani was declared the first runner-up. Surprisingly, she also auditioned for the movie ‘Heropanti’ but got rejected.
Disha Patani worked in many TV ads and did various modelling assignments. She got recognised for her TV commercial- Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk.
She debuted with the Telugu film ‘Loafer’ (2016) opposite Varun Tej.
Disha also appeared in a music video titled ‘Befikra’ with her rumoured boyfriend actor Tiger Shroff.
She rose to fame with her portrayal of the role of ‘Priyanka Jha’ in ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016). The movie was a biopic based on Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
In 2017, she featured in an Indo-Chinese film, ‘Kung Fu Yoga’ along with Jackie Chan, for which she also undertook martial arts training.
Disha Patani has also walked the ramp for established fashion designers.
- Disha Patani won the 2016 Screen Award for Best Female Debut, 2016 Stardust Award for Best Acting Debut (Female), and 2017 FA Award for Star Debut of the Year– Female for her debut Hindi film ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016).’
- She also won the BIG Zee Entertainment Award in the category Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female for ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.’
- In a 2012 video, she claimed that she was 20 years old with 13 June 1992 as her date of birth and introduced herself as Disha Patni, not Patani. But, later in 2016, she declared that she was 20 years old with 27 July 1995 as her date of birth.
Disha Patani’s net worth is nearly ₹50 crore.
- Disha Patani likes to eat cookies, candies, wok combos, dumplings, gummy bears, chocolate elixirs, freak shakes, homemade banana chocolate hazelnut pancakes, Indian and Chinese cuisines.
- She prefers to drink Bubble Tea.
- Patani likes to watch Ranbir Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Varun Dhawan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Carrey, Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit, and Katrina Kaif on the silver screen.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is her favourite cricketer.
- Disha likes to watch the Bollywood movie ‘Barfi’.
- She likes to spend her vacation in Australia.
- Disha Patani’s favourite colour is white and pink.
- She likes to listen to the music of A.R. Rahman.
- Disha Patani is also trained in Hip-Hop, Salsa, and Break Dance.
- Disha Patani is an animal lover. She owns two dogs named Bella and Goku and a cat named Jasmine.
- She was signed by Karan Johar for his film sex comedy film- No Sex Please, We’re Indians, but the movie was called off.
- She was also supposed to feature in Baaghi, but Shraddha Kapoor bagged the role.
- As a child, she aspired to become an air force pilot.
- Her hobbies include dancing, doing gymnastics, and reading.
- She is good friends with Bigg Boss 9 contestant and model Nora Fatehi.
- She considers herself ‘a big introvert‘ and a reserved person in real life.
- Disha thanks her parents for instilling in her the importance of discipline, hard work and determination.
- Reportedly, a famous oil brand approached Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff to endorse their product. A fee of ₹5 crore was demanded by the pair. DNA
- She was criticised by her fans for naming her one of her dog, Goku. Times of India
References [ + ]