Disha Patani is a famous Indian model and a Bollywood actress. Before marking her debut with a Telugu film ‘Loafer’ (2015), she was already a famous face in the modelling world. Patani is best known for her portrayal of the role of ‘Priyanka Jha’ in the Bollywood movie “M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.”
Disha Patani born in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. Her real age has been a matter of controversy. According to some sources, she was born on 13 June 1992 (30 years old; age as of 2022) whereas some other sources say that the actress was born on 27 July 1995 (27 years old; age as of 2022). Times of India
As a kid, she aspired to be an Air Force Pilot. After completing her schooling, Disha went to Amity University, Lucknow to pursue a degree in Computer Science and Engineering. While she was still in the first year, she started receiving a number of modelling offers. She dropped out of the second year of her degree and went on to participate in the 2013 Femina Miss India Indore. Disha Patani was declared the first runner-up. Surprisingly, she also auditioned for the film ‘Heropanti’ but got rejected.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements: 34-25-34
Family & Caste
Disha Patani belongs to an upper-middle-class Kshatriya (Rajput) Family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Mr. Jagdeesh Singh Patani, is a DSP in the Uttar Pradesh Police Department. Her mother is a housewife. She has an elder sister, Khushboo Patani and a younger brother, Suryansh Patani. Although she was born in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India but she traces her roots back to Tanakpur, Uttarakhand, India.
Disha Patani was in a relationship with ‘Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan’ actor Parth Samthaan for a while.
Reportedly, she is dating actor Tiger Shroff who was also her co-actor in the film “Baaghi 2.” The duo came into a relationship after sharing a bond of friendship for a long time.
In July 2022, a rumour started doing the rounds on the internet that Tiger and Disha had parted ways after dating each other for several years. While giving the reason behind the breakup, a source claimed that the couple decided to part ways after Disha asked Tiger if they should get married, and Tiger replied that he was not ready for a matrimonial bond. Pinkvilla
Disha Patani started her career as a model and did various TV advertisements and modelling assignments. She got recognition after her TV commercial of Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk.
She debuted with the Telugu film ‘Loafer’ (2016) opposite Varun Tej.
Disha also appeared in a music video titled ‘Befikra’ with her rumoured boyfriend actor Tiger Shroff.
She rose to fame with her portrayal of the role of ‘Priyanka Jha’ in ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016). The movie was a biopic based on Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
In 2017, she featured in an Indo-Chinese film, ‘Kung Fu Yoga’ along with Jackie Chan, for which she also undertook martial arts training.
Disha Patani has also walked the ramp for various established fashion designers.
- BIG Zee Entertainment Award in the category of Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female for M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Screen Award for Best Female Debut (2016)
- Stardust Award for Best Acting Debut (Female) (2016)
- Star Screen Award for M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
- In 2012, she claimed that she was 20 years old with 13 June 1992 as her date of birth and introduced herself as Disha Patni, not Patani. But, later in 2016, she declared that she was 20 years old with 27 July 1995 as her date of birth.
- On 2 June 2021, Disha Patani, along with Tiger Shroff, was booked by the Bandra police for violating the COVID-19 lockdown norms. The police registered a case under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (disobeying the order of public servant) against the actors and their driver as they were out on the road after 2 pm, despite a curfew was imposed in the area. Hindustan Times
Disha Patani’s net worth is nearly ₹55 crore. She gets paid around ₹17 Crore annually.
- Desserts: Donuts, Emarthi, Jalebi, Rabri
- Actor: Jackie Chan
- Actress: Rekha
- Superhero: Hulk
- Films: Avengers Series, Mughal-e-Azam
- Film Character: Anarkali’s character in “Mughal-e-Azam”
- Fashion Designer: Ritu Kumar
- Hair Stylist: Dhruv
- Animated Cartoon Series: Dragon Ball Z (DBZ)
- Cartoon Characters: Goku, Johny Bravo
- Footwear Brand: Puma
- Theme Park: Disneyland
- Travel Destination: Maldives
- Candies: Pulse, Parle Kisme
- Snacks Brand: Haldiram
- She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Disha Patani regularly practices kicking, boxing, and headstands.
- She is also trained in Hip-Hop, Salsa, and Break Dance.
- Disha is an animal lover. She owns two dogs named Bella and Goku and a cat named Jasmine.
- She was signed by Karan Johar for his film sex comedy film- No Sex Please, We’re Indians, but the movie was called off.
- She learnt the Asuri language, i.e. a common lingo of Jharkhand for the film “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story.”
- Disha is very particular about her dressing sense and keeps her wardrobe up-to-date. Well-fitted shorts and cute little dresses are must-haves in her closet.
- Patani loves driving and is often spotted driving cars while on hangouts with her friends.
- She was the first choice for the film “Baaghi” but the role later went on to Shraddha Kapoor.
- Her hobbies include dancing, doing gymnastics, and reading.
- Reportedly, Jackie Chan gifted her a jacket with his name imbibed on it as he was amazed by her passion for fitness and acrobatics.
- Patani considers her elder sister, Kushboo, as her inspiration.
- Patani’s hairstyles are made by her hairstylist, Dhruv.
- She is good friends with Bigg Boss 9 contestant and model Nora Fatehi.
- She considers herself ‘a big introvert‘ and a reserved person in real life.
- Reportedly, a famous oil brand approached Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff to endorse their product. A fee of ₹5 crore was demanded by the pair. DNA
- Patani has a huge fan base on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. She posts her pictures on her social media accounts regularly and keeps her fans entertained.