Manoj Bakshi is an Indian actor, who works in the theatre, film, and television industries. He is best known for his roles in the films Delhi Belly (2011), Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (2013), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Junooniyat (2016), Madaari (2016) and Hamari Paltan (2018).
Manoj Bakshi was born on Wednesday, 13 October 1965 (age 58; as of 2023) in New Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. He studied at DAV School, Chennai and Don Bosco Mat. Hr. Sec. School, Chennai. After that, he went to Delhi University and Vikramajit Singh Sanatan Dharma College, Uttar Pradesh to pursue higher education. Facebook – Manoj Bakshi
Height: 6′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 95 kg
Hair Colour: Salt n Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 44 inches; Waist: 40 inches; Biceps: 13 inches
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name was S.P. Bakshi. He has a sister whose name is Ritu Bakshi.
Wife & Children
Manjo Bakshi is married.
He has two children; one son and one daughter. His son’s name is Karan Bakshi while his daughter’s name is Shreya Bakshi.
Manoj Bakshi stepped into the world of acting in 1980 as a theatre artist. He has done acting in various plays in Uttar Pradesh for 18 years. Some of his famous plays include Chandramukhi, Jis Lahore Nai Vekhya O Jamyai Nai, Curfew, Yaaddasht Mubarak, Heroine No.1, Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga, Mahabhoj, Muawze, Til Ka Taad, Dil Ki Dukaan, Samaryatra, Is Dard Ki Dawa Kahaan, Kath Ki Gadi, Baby, and many more.
Manoj has appeared in several Bollywood films but mostly in supporting roles. He debuted in the Hindi film industry by playing the role of Principal of Madhuban in the film Kya Kehna in 2000.
After that, he appeared in the film Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008), Do Dooni Chaar (2010), Delhi Belly (2010), No One Killed Jessica (2011), Hair Is Falling (2011), Hum Do Bhagode (2011), Ab Hoga Dharna Unlimited (2012), Hate Story (2012), Miss Lovely (2012), Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), Jolly LLB (2013), Dreamz: The Movie (2013), Kajarya (2013), Khwaabb! (2014), Unfreedom (2014), Dear vs Bear (2014), Mumbai Delhi Mumbai (2014), The Lost Salesman of Delhi (2014), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (2016), Happy Bhaag Jayegi (2016), Junooniyat (2016), Madaari (2016), When Obama Loved Osama (2018), San 84 Justice (2019), Panipat (2019), Doordarshan (2020), Kaamyaab (2020), Secret Pocketmaar (2021), 10 Nahi 40 (2022), Pyaar Ki Policy (2023), and many more.
In the film Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), he played the role of Qureshi (Pakistani Policeman) and his role managed to gain a lot of popularity.
In the film Panipat (2019), he played the controversial role of King Surajmal which also gained a lot of appreciation and popularity.
Manoj has acted in Haryanvi films like Hero No. 1, Chindi Pahalwan, and many more.
Some of his Bhojpuri films are Thavey Ki Bhwani, Jiyana Ke Aar Par, Pyar Karla Lage Na Dahej, Pyasi Aatma, and many more.
He has also acted in a few Punjabi films like Mukhtyaar Chadha, Kudi Serr Munda Sawa Serr, and many more.
Manoj has appeared in several web series like It’s My Pleasure (2020), Purvanchal Diaries (2021), The Golden Harvest (2022), etc.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Manoj Bakshi has won several awards and honours.
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Beverage: Coffee
- Manoj Bakshi has a special connection with Kalka, a town in the district of Panchkula. Whenever he travels to Shimla (HP), he often visits Kalka and spends time with his dear ones at that place.
- He is often invited as a chief guest on various occasions and events.
- He often goes to the gym to maintain his fitness.
- Manoj is often seen drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes on various occasions. Instagram – Manoj Bakshi Instagram – Manoj Bakshi
- He is an animal lover.
- He is an environmentalist and is often seen planting trees on various occasions.
- Manoj Bakshi enjoys theatre more in comparison to films. He feels that while doing theatre, an artist gets the live reaction of the audience. But on the other hand, the theatre has less scope due to financial reasons. Instagram – Manoj Bakshi