Gail Nicole Da Silva is an Indian model. She gained fame after winning Femina Miss India United Continent in 2014.
Gail Nicole Da Silva was born on Saturday, 6 February 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in Goa. India Times Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She completed her schooling at St. Pius X Convent High School, Goa and to pursue B.B.A, she went to Dempo college of commerce and economics, Goa. Rediff
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Gail Nicole is a follower of Christianity.
Gail Nicole was crowned as Femina Miss India Goa in 2014, and she won the Pond’s Femina Miss Glowing Skin title.
She took part in Femina Miss India in 2013 but could only reach the Top 10. In 2014, she won the title and became the 51st Femina Miss India United Continent 2014.
She also won the title of Femina Miss Timeless Beauty. In 2014, she represented India at Miss United Continents. She did not win the title of Miss United Continents but, she won the title of Miss Photogenic and a crown for Best in National Costume.
In 2015, Gail Nicole was a judge on Femina Miss India Goa. In 2015, she was present at the Muscle Talk Gymnasium launch in Chembur Stills along with Big Boss fame Ali Quli.
- Gail Nicole has crowned Femina Miss India Goa in 2013.
- She was positioned as the first runner up at Miss United Continents 2014.
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo Dicaprio
- Film: Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- Model: Alesia Raut
- International Personality: Michelle Obama
- Dessert: Chocolate
- Gail Nicole likes to dance, play basketball and table tennis, read books and travel.
- She drinks alcohol occasionally.
- She wanted to do something big for the country since she was a child but she had never thought her dream would come true through modelling. Rediff
- She started her career when she was in the second year of her graduation.
- She took modelling seriously after she won Femina Miss India Goa and Pond’s Femina Miss Glowing Skin title.
- In 2013, when she could not win the title of Femina Miss India United, she started taking training from designer Melvyn Noronha.
- In an interview, Gail Nicole talked about how much preparations she had done for the Miss United Continents pageant. She said,
I was among the top three at the Femina Miss India contest. The organisers decided that I should represent India at the Miss United Continent 2014. It was the first time the pageant was going international. I trained regularly under various experts and professionals. I had two-hour pilates training with Sameer Purohit, and a strict diet regimen – I had to eat every two hours to improve my metabolism. I received ramp walk training under Alesia Raut, diction training from Sabira Merchant, and smiling tips from Sandesh Mayekar, among a host of other things. A national pageant requires you to primarily perfect your walk and speech, but an international pageant is a lot more demanding. International contestants are far more confident and competent. Fortunately, I had no weight or body issues, but I still had to work on my diction, gait, and brush up my communication skills.”
- She made some friends during the competition. They were from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan and were not allowed to wear bikinis but they still wore it as they were passionate about their dreams. Gail Nicole said that these models became her inspiration. Rediff
- In an interview, she described the dress she wore at the Miss United Continents pageant. She said that she wore a saree with a gown that had pictures of the national bird, toys, festivals, musicians and famous people printed on it.
- According to Nicole, the beauty competitions have helped her gain confidence and made her an extrovert person. Rediff
- She also believes that when a person becomes a big personality, everything done by them is judged by the public. They do not have any private life left.
- In an interview, she talked about the problems that India has been facing for a long time. She said,
Two days ago, I was in Mumbai stuck in traffic on the way to attend an event, and I saw an ambulance carrying someone seriously ill trying its best to find a way out of the traffic. I could see that no one was willing to budge to make way for the ambulance, which really disturbed me. Whatever happened to humanity? There is no value for human life. Also, the whole negative attitude towards rape victims bothers me. Why do we want to know what the victim was wearing or who she was with? Can’t we look at the inhuman act instead and try and find a solution? No one dresses in a certain way to get raped. A low skirt or bright lipstick is not an invitation to be raped.”
- According to Nicole, Feminism means,
Feminism is important; it’s the need of the hour. During the pageant, I realised that there are lots of professions where women are yet to leave a mark. In my home state Goa, not many young girls are encouraged to pursue modelling. Some of them have personally thanked me for being an example and inspiring them.”
- She goes with the success mantra- ‘Never underestimate your talent. Believe in yourself and stay positive all the time.’
- She gave advice to young girls and in an interview, she said,
Do not participate in a beauty pageant because you want to work in films and television. Treat it as a platform where you get to represent your country and exchange your culture with the world.”