Ridhima Arora is an Indian entrepreneur, author, trained yoga instructor, and practicing nutritionist. She is the founder of Namhya Foods, an Ayurvedic food company.
Ridhima Arora was born on Monday, 28 December 1992 (age 29 years; as of 2021) in Jammu. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling at JK Public School and went to Chennai’s Great Lakes Institute of Management to pursue PGDM in Marketing and Sales. LinkedIn- Ridhima Arora While pursuing her post-graduation, Ridhima worked as a project trainee at Ramco Systems, Chennai, for around four months.
Ridhima was also fascinated by fashion shows in his college days and did a few modelling projects.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Not much is known about her parents. Her grandfather was a hakeem (a traditional ayurvedic practitioner). He started a small herbs store in 1937 in Jammu where he sold natural herbs and ayurvedic treatments. Ridhima’s father took over the store in 1985 and expanded it further.
Ridhima Arora started her career in May 2015 as a Senior Marketing Manager at Lava International Limited, Noida. She worked there for around three years and subsequently, resigned from her post in 2018. Arora then joined Automate International in Gurgaon as a Senior Marketing Manager. In 2018, she gave up her corporate career to look after her ailing father. Her father was diagnosed with Liver Cirrhosis and the doctor had declared that he just had 6 months to live. While talking about it in an interview, she said,
My 59-year-old father was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, and doctors said there was nothing they could do, because his condition was worsening rapidly. They declared that my father just had 6 months to live. While he was at home, I spent my time ensuring he ate nutritious food that is clean and locally sourced.”
At that time Ridhima used to visit a lot of doctors and dieticians to find a cure for her father. She started giving her father traditional immunity boosters like harad ka pani and giloy water. With a mix of allopathic treatments, combined with the ayurvedic herbs, and physical exercises in form of Yoga, helped Ridhima to heal her father over months.
It was only when Ridhima was looking after her father that she realised that there was a lack of understanding the term ‘nutrition’ even among dietitians. People hardly know about the right foods and diet which could do wonders to a patient and enable them to get rid of their diseases completely. She then came up with the idea of blending nutrition with taste and with that concept of bridging the gap between tasty food and health, using Ayurveda, founded Namhya Foods Private Ltd. in 2019. While setting up Namhya Foods she firstly thought of making cure-based products. During an interview, while talking about the same, she said,
Initially I thought of making cure-based products, but after research, I realised that there were a plethora of such products already available in the market. So I put my faith in preventive foods segment.”
Ridhima invested Rs. 22 lakhs initially in setting up a small manufacturing unit at her family land in Jammu. In the first 6 months of their operations, her company was able to sell the inventory of Rs. 5 lakhs and earned revenue of Rs 1 crore under a year. Namhya Foods products are available in grocery stores in Jammu, Delhi, and Gujarat. They are also available online on platforms like Flipkart, eBay, Etsy, and the company’s official website. As of 2021, the company has launched eight products that include Heart tea, Kashmiri Kahwa, brain foods, and Gond Katira. The products are natural and free from preservatives and harmful ingredients.
Besides being the founder of Namhya foods, Ridhima also gives nutrition coaching in seminars to kids, NGOs, and corporates. She also works as a freelancer at Global Changemakers.
- Beverage: Tea
- Attire: Saree
- Entrepreneur: Ratan Tata
- Travel Destination: Dubai
- Ridhima Arora loves to travel and do adventure sports in her leisure time.
- She is very particular about her fitness and visits the gym regularly.
- Ridhima was once a patient of PCOS. She realised the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle in 2014 when she was diagnosed with the disease. During an interview, while talking about the same, she said,
I started my journey towards a healthy lifestyle when I gained tremendous weight due to PCOS. In an effort to become fit, I modified my diet. But it is really hard to shut your cravings. While the fancy quinoa chips and avocados pinch the pocket, the other section of fad foods is even worse because of the hidden harmful ingredients lost in marketing communication done in the front of the pack.”
- Ridhima once appeared as a guest on the channel Young Bites to share the benefits of healthy eating and the importance of Ayurveda.
- In 2021, she was invited to attend the Change Maker Xchange Summit, Asia & Australia.
- Aryan Mehra, one of her clients, shared on a news channel that his grandfather had benefitted from Ridhima’s Ayurvedic Products. His grandfather suffered blocked valves in his heart and was advised to eat healthy by the doctors. Talking about the same, he said,
I came across Namhya Foods on Instagram in April of 2020, and I purchased the ‘Heart Tea’ for my grandfather. After consuming it regularly for three months and changing other food habits, his condition improved. Even doctors noted it during follow-up appointments.”
- She considers Oprah Winfrey, Michael singer, Marianne Williamson, Ekhart Tolle as her role models.
- During an interview, Ridhima shared that she was inspired by her mother.
- Ridhima has delivered her valuable insights as a guest speaker at various platforms like Josh Talks and TEDx.
- In July 2021, she was invited to an E-Summit at Kalyani Govt Engineering College, West Bengal.
- Before founding Naymha, Ridhima was working at Lava International as a Digital Marketing personnel and was earning Rs. 27000 a month.
- The first product that she launched under Naymha was ‘Heart Tea’ to lower cholesterol levels. The product was priced at Rs. 230 and is made up of Arjuna Chhaal which helps in the natural control of cholesterol. At Naymha, the products are modestly priced and their most expensive product costs Rs. 450.
- Ridhima has her corporate office in Delhi and works with a team of just seven employees (as of 2021).