Ajmal Haqiqi is an Afghani model, fashion designer, and YouTuber. In 2022, he was arrested by the Taliban’s Afghan General Directorate of Intelligence (GDI) for blasphemy.
Ajmal Haqiqi was born in Andar District, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. He completed his primary education at Golkhaneh School and secondary education at Habibia High School, Home of Legends. After completing his intermediate, Ajmal Haqiqi earned his graduate degree in Fine Arts from the Kabul Institute of Fine Arts. Ajmal Haqiqi’s official Facebook page Ajmal then went to India, where he studied fashion designing at AAFT School of Fashion & Design. Ajmal Haqiqi’s official Facebook account
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40″, Waist:32″, Biceps: 15″
Parents & Siblings
His father, Colonel Nader Khan, is an ex-Afghan National Army Officer.
Ajmal Haqiqi has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. He is the youngest among his siblings.
Ajmal Haqiqi is unmarried.
Ajmal Haqiqi follows Islam.
Ajmal Haqiqi started his modelling career when he was just 14 years old. He is the founder of Afghanistan’s first modelling agency named Haqiqi Fashion First Modeling Agency. As a model, he has participated in many modelling contests in different countries. In 2020, he participated in a modelling contest named Fashion Show Festival. The contest was held in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. He was among the participants from 16 different countries.
In December 2020, he participated in a fashion show, which was held in Uzbekistan. In the fashion show, he exhibited and represented Afghanistan’s Nazanin tribe’s traditional dresses.
In the fashion shows, Ajmal Haqiqi represents the Afghan culture by dressing himself in the Afghani attires.
As a celebrated Afghani model, Ajmal Haqiqi has appeared as a special guest on several Afghani national TV programs.
Throughout his modelling career, Ajmal has participated in several modelling contests held in India.
Accused of blasphemy
In 2022, Ajmal Haqiqi and three of his friends were arrested by the Taliban-run General Directorate of Intelligence (GDI). They were accused of hurting the religious sentiments of the Afghan people. Earlier, Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends had posted a video of themselves on YouTube in which they were jokingly reciting the holy verses from the Quran. Later, the authorities took the video down, and Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends apologised for unknowingly making fun of the Quran. The Khaama Press News Agency
Ajmal Haqiqi owns a KIA Retona.
- Ajmal Haqiqi is a staunch supporter of good relations between India and Afghanistan, and he often shares posts on social media that show his efforts to promote a strong bond between the two countries.
- Since the Taliban formed government in Afghanistan in 2021, Ajmal Haqiqi, through his social media posts, has often voiced his opinions against the Taliban’s implementation of the Draconian laws in the country.
- In 2022, after Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends were arrested by the Taliban on the charges of blasphemy, several well-known NGOs such as Amnesty International condemned the actions of the Taliban and demanded that the Taliban must release the prisoners immediately. The NGOs also stated that by arresting innocent civilians, the Taliban is trying to curb the freedom of Afghan nationals. In an officially released statement, Amnesty International stated,
Restrictions to the right to freedom of expression must be clearly provided by law and be strictly necessary and proportionate to a legitimate aim. International human rights law does not permit restrictions of freedom of expression simply on the grounds it has the potential to offend or insult nor for the protection of religious beliefs or the religious sensibilities of their adherents. This incident is a classic example of how the Taliban is creating a climate of fear in Afghanistan by using arbitrary arrests and coercion to force people into silence.”
- On 5 June 2022, the Taliban forced Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends to upload an apology video, in which they stated that they were ready to accept the punishment, which would be given to them by the Talibani court.
- Ajmal Haqiqi is a fitness enthusiast and lays a huge emphasis on maintaining physical fitness.
- Ajmal Haqiqi is a smoker. He often shares photos of his smoking habit on social media.
- During Mohammad Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai’s government in Afghanistan, Ajmal Haqiqi was made the Cultural Ambassador of Afghanistan.
- Apart from being a model, Ajmal Haqiqi is also a fashion designer. Till 2021, Ajmal Haqiqi had designed more than 1200 traditional Afghan dresses.
- Ajmal Haqiqi is known for his generosity. He helps the poor and the needy in Afghanistan.
- Ajmal Haqiqi is an avid pet lover. He has a German Shepherd as a pet.
- Ajmal Haqiqi passionately follows his hobby of horse riding.