Sobhita Dhulipala is an Indian actress and model. She is known for her work in the web series “Made in Heaven (2016).”
Sobhita Dhulipala was born on Sunday, 31 May 1992 (age 31 years; as of 2023) in the Tenali City of Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did her schooling from Little Angels School and Visakha Valley School in Vishakapatnam. She went to Mumbai after completing her schooling. She pursued her Master’s in Commerce and Economics from H.R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Body Measurements (approx.): 33-25-33
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Sobhita Dhulipala was born into a Telugu Brahmin Family. Her father’s name is Venugpopal Rao, and her mother’s name is Santha Rao.
She has a younger sister named Samantha. She is in a relationship with the fashion designer Pranav Misra (co-founder of the fashion brand Huemn).
Beauty Pageants and Modelling
Sobhita Dhulipala won the Femina Miss India South in 2013.
After which, she was granted auto-entry to the top 23 of the 50th edition of Femina Miss India (2013). She was awarded Miss Stylish Hair, Miss Adventurous and Fashion Icon, iTimes Miss Digital Diva, and Femina Miss Talented. She went on to become the 2nd runner up of the Femina Miss India 2013.
Sobhita represented India at the Miss Earth 2013 in the Philippines, where she was awarded Miss Photogenic, Miss Earth Eco-Beauty, and Miss Ever Bilena. She was featured in the Kingfisher Calendar 2014.
She has been featured in various fashion magazines and has walked the runway for major fashion weeks. She has also been the brand ambassador of Kalanjali, a South Indian textile giant for two years.
Sobhita Dhulipala made her debut with the film “Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016)” in the role of ‘Smrutika Naidu.’
She also signed the three films deal with the Phantom Films, Anurag Kashyap‘s production company. She then did two films “Chef (2017)” and “Kaalakaandi (2018).” She made her Telugu debut with the film “Goodachari” in 2018.
In 2019, Sobhita played the lead role “Tara Khanna” in the web series “Made in Heaven.”
She made her Malayalam debut with the film “Moothon” in 2019.
Shobita made her Telugu debut with the film “Goodachari (2018).” Seeing the film, Mahesh Babu appreciated the team of the film and Sobhita, in her reply, wrote ‘Thank You.’ This angered Mahesh’s fans, and they trolled her for not addressing Mahesh with respect. In her response to the trolls, she said-
I was more confused than offended. It is a ‘thank you!’ that trolls took off on. I have immense respect for him, come on! That whole episode was pretty silly.”
- Food: Tibetan Cuisines, Noodles, Waffle
- Singer: Leonard Cohen
- Actor(s): Mahesh Babu, Hrithik Roshan
- Actress(s): Meena Kumari, Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra
- Poet(s): Charles Bukowski, Ezra Pound, Bertolt Brecht, John Keats
- Films: Harry Potter Series, Cloud Atlas (2012), Titanic (1997), Jodha Akbar (2008), Umrao Jaan (1981), Guzaarish (2010), Fashion (2008)
- Fashion Brands: Gucci, Huemn, The Row, Raw Mango, Vintage YSL
- Play: “Hamlet” by William Shakespeare
- Book: “Letters to Milena” by Franz Kafka
- She likes travelling, reading, writing, painting, and gardening.
- She never desired to be an actor. Instead, she was very much interested in literature. Talking about it, she says-
I didn’t grow up watching films or thinking that you know ‘Oh! mujhe actor banna hai, star banna hai, aisa maine socha to nahi’. I grew up reading a lot on literature and all of that. But this was something as I hope for a dream and I am glad it happened actually.”
- Sobhita says that the process of winning the Miss India crown has damaged her self-esteem. Before Miss India, she was a loner and an uncool person, who felt the need to seek out her validation in college. Her friend, who was interning at the Miss India Office had asked her to give an audition for the pageant. She participated in the competition and won it. The competition brought changes in her attitude and lifestyle. Talking about the transition in her life, she said-
For the first time in my life, I was getting attention. I was very awkward with myself, I was so lame… But Miss India did more damage to my self-esteem. It took me more away from me because you’re reduced to someone who’s entertaining, who is pleasing. It messed with my head. You have a constant identity crisis. You feel like you don’t belong anywhere, like you’re following your ego or the need to feel good about yourself. Where does that end really?”
- Her debut film “Raman Raghav 2.0” was premiered at the Cannes Film festival 2016, where she was nominated under the Critics’ Choice Best Performace Category.
- Sobhita was an average student and was scared of failing in exams, but she loved to study and read books.
- In her childhood, she participated in an essay-writing competition and won it.
- Apart from acting, she also knows how to play the guitar and likes to play it in her spare time.
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi dancer.
- In an interview, she told that her ultimate goal was to become a writer.
- In an interview, she talked about her personal growth and talked about choosing what is right for oneself. In the context of her statement, Sobhita mentioned about making sense of Hamlet’s soliloquy-
To be, or not to be.”
- In 2019, she appeared in the spy thriller web series based on the novel by the Bilal Siddiqi, “Bard of Blood.”
4 inch less from 5.10 guy adivi sesh