Aaditi Pohankar is a popular Indian actress. She is best known for her Netflix web-series ‘SHE’ (2020), in which she played the character of ‘Bhumika.’
Aaditi Pohankar was born on Saturday, 31 December 1994 (age 25 years; as in 2019), in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did her graduation in commerce from Mumbai. Scroll
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Her father, Sudhir Pohankar is a former marathon runner. Her mother, Late Shobha Pohankar was a national-level hockey player. Her elder sister, Nivedita Pohankar works as a writer at the Prithvi Theatres. The famous Bollywood actor, Makarand Deshpande is Aaditi’s brother-in-law.
Aaditi’s grandmother, Susheela “Tai” Pohankar was a classical vocalist of Kirana Gharana. Her uncle is the well known classical vocalist Ajay Pohankar.
While she was in college, she attended the acting workshop of the renowned theatre director, Satyadev Dubey. Later, she was mentored in acting by the Bollywood actor, Makarand Deshpande. She auditioned for various Hindi films and got selected to play a cameo role in the film, ‘Love Sex Aur Dhokha’ (2010). In 2011, she debuted in Marathi films with ‘Kunasathi Kunitari’ alongside the veteran Indian actors, Ashok Saraf, Smita Jaykar, and Poonam Dhillon.
Her Marathi film, ‘Lai Bhaari’ in 2014 opposite Riteish Deshmukh received critical acclaims.
She has also acted in the Tamil films, like ‘Gemini Ganeshanum Suruli Raajanum’ (2017) and ‘Mannavan Vanthanadi’ (2018).
She came into the limelight with the Netflix’s original web-series ‘SHE’ in 2020.
- She was an athlete in her school and college. She has represented Maharashtra in athletics and bagged medals in 100-metre and 200-metre races.
- She has appeared in various TV commercials, including Cadbury Munch, Godrej, Airtel, Lenskart, and Samsung.
- In 2020, she was accused by a budding stylist for non-payment of the dues. Spotboye
- She has been a supporter of the Celebrity Cricket League franchise, Veer Marathi.
- She is an animal lover and owns a pet cat.
References [ + ]