Gautam Singh Vig is an Indian actor. He is popularly known for his work in famous Indian television series such as ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2,’ ‘Ishq Subhan Allah,’ and many more.
He attended Guru Harkrishan Public School in New Delhi. According to Gautam, after completing the study of class 12, he applied to move abroad. As there was a bit long period before leaving for abroad, Gautam worked in a call centre. Reportedly, he pursued a master’s degree in human resources at a Canada University; Hindustan News Hub however, as mentioned by him in an interview, he pursued a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in Psychology. Mid-Day
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Body Measurements (approx.):Chest: 42 inches, Waist: 32 inches, Biceps: 14 inches
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Vijay Vig, and his mother’s name is Anju Vig.
Gautam has a sister, Ankita Vig, and a brother.
On 17 August 2013, The Times of India Gautam tied the knot with Richa Gera, sister of Ankit Gera, an Indian actor. Richa works as an Associate Vice President of Human Resources at the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. Richa Gera – LinkedIn Reportedly, the couple was going through a hard time and it was claimed by some media outlets that the pair had split away; Pinkvilla however, in an interview in 2019, Gautam made it clear that both of them are living happily together. Pinkvilla According to sources, the couple got divorced in 2020. The Siasat Daily
Gautam Singh follows Hinduism.
Reportedly, Gautam started his career as a model. The Indian Express According to the sources, he never saw acting as a career; however, working as a model and collaborating with big companies influenced him to pursue a career in acting. OTTplay
In 2016, Gautam made his debut with the daily soap opera ‘Naamkarann’ as ‘Ali.’
Later, he appeared in various television serials including Tantra, Ishq Subhanallah, and many more. In an interview, Gautam revealed that the first time he appeared on television while he was acting temporarily was in a dance fiction series titled ‘D4 – Get Up & Dance’ premiered on Channel V. Gautam appeared in other television series ‘MTV Nishedh’ in 2020 as Raghav.
Reportedly, Gautam has appeared in many television commercials, sharing the screen with popular personalities including Alia Bhatt and Sonakshi Sinha. In an interview, Gautam admitted that he had a tad crush on Alia Bhatt.
Gautam Singh marked his debut in the Bollywood film industry with ‘Flat 211’ as ‘Sameer’ in 2017.
In 2021, Gautam Singh Vig appeared in a Hindi web series ‘Hai Tauba’ season 2. In the same year, he could be seen on another web series titled ‘Haale Dil on Broken Notes’ as ‘Aryan Raj with the co-star Mannara Chopra who predominantly works in Telugu language films.
In 2022, Gautam Vig was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Icon Award – Films.
- Dessert(s): Kaju Katli, Milk Cake, Gulab Jamun, Rasgulla, Besan Ke Laddu Telly Reporter – YouTube
- Hangout Place(s) (in Mumbai): Bandra, Worli
- Bollywood Movie(s): Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Baghban (2003), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003) Telly Reporter – YouTube
- Song: ‘Khamoshiyan’ by Arijit Singh
Gautam Vig owns Tata Harrier.
- Gautam Singh Vig goes by the names Billu and Makhna.
- According to sources, Gautam Vig has never travelled on a train because of his phobia of travelling through trains.
- In an interview, Gautam revealed that he wanted to become a cricketer and had no interest in acting earlier. Hindustan News Hub While talking about his interest in cricket, Gautam said,
I always wanted to be a cricketer. I have played cricket till the state level but there was no family support in that. During my school days, I used to entertain everyone and wanted to become an actor. So for me, either acting was the choice or sportsmanship. Sports could never happen and I became an actor.” Hindustan News Hub
- Reportedly, Gautam Vig worked in the HR department of a bank after completing his master’s degree. Mid-Day
- According to Vig, his first girlfriend, Nagina, was the daughter of his mathematics teacher when he was studying in 2nd standard. TellyTalkIndia – YouTube
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often practices kickboxing and mixed martial arts (MMA). The Indian Express According to Gautam, he likes to read about fitness whenever he gets a chance.
- In an interview, Gautam revealed that when he moved back to India from Canada in 2012, he weighed approximately 120 kg at that time; however, he worked hard on his body to become physically fit and try his luck in the film industry. Hindustan News Hub While talking about his fitness journey in the interview, Gautam said,
I was in Canada. Was studying human resources and working in a bank. After this, in the year 2012, I came to Mumbai for the first time to know this industry. Then I prepared myself for it. I weighed 120 kg at that time. That’s why I worked hard on fitness so that people consider me a hero.” Hindustan News Hub
Gautam Vig shared a picture on social media showing his fitness journey from 2009 to 2019.
- While talking about his inspiration in an interview, Gautam revealed that he was inspired by the hard work of Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan.
- According to some sources, Gautam pursued an acting course at Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares, an institute providing acting courses across the globe, in 2011.
- In 2019, he was featured in a Punjabi music video titled ‘I Love You Kinna Saara.’
- In 2022, he appeared as a contestant in an Indian television reality show ‘Bigg Boss 16,’ aired on Colors TV channel.
- Reportedly, Gautam wore an outfit – a multicoloured suit from Hanger Bangalore, styled by Mohit Kapoor – worth Rs. 1.5 lakh during an episode ‘Weekend Ka Vaar’ on “Bigg Boss 16.” The Times of India