Priyanka Chopra is one of the popular Indian actresses. She is also popularly known with the name Alex Parrish which is the fictional character that she was performed in a famous American TV series Quantico (2015–2018). In 2017, she was listed among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women by Forbes. Check out Priyanka Chopra Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Priyanka was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Her hometown is Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India. She was brought up at various places like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Pune because of her parent’s job. Her family and friends call her by different names like Piggy Chops, Mimi, Sunshine, and PC. At a very young age, she was clear about her career. She is too hardworking and self-independent person. She achieved fame for her versatility in playing some unique roles. In 2016, she was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
She has a stunning figure only because of her strict diet and workout. Her gorgeous looks and a great personality can easily make anyone envious. She is approximately 5’ 7’’ tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She hails from a modest middle-class background and was born in a Hindu family. Her father Ashok Chopra was a physician in Indian Army and her mother Madhu Chopra was also a physician in Indian Army. She has a younger brother Siddharth Chopra who is an entrepreneur.
Earlier, she had an affair with a model, Aseem Merchant. She was also in a relationship with celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Harman Baweja, Shah Rukh Khan, Shahid Kapoor, and Nick Jonas.
Rumours of Priyanka and Nick Jonas‘ affair were doing rounds since early 2018 after they were spotted on a few dates.
In July 2018, things began to clear up when Nick accompanied Priyanka on her trip to India.
On 18 August 2018, Nick and Priyanka got engaged in Mumbai.
Priyanka Chopra will get married to Nick Jonas on 2 December 2018 at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur.
She did her studies from La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow; St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly; Newton North High School, Newton, Massachusetts; John F. Kennedy High School, Cedar Rapids, Lowa; and Army School, Bareilly. She later joined the Jai Hind College, Mumbai and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai. During her stay in Massachusetts, she started taking part in theatre productions. She also learned Kathak dance, choral singing, and Western classical music. While she was in her last year of schooling, she won the title of May Queen beauty contest.
In 2000, she took part in the Femina Miss India beauty contest where she ended up as the runner-up. The same year, she was crowned as the Miss World 2000. After winning that title, she received so many offers from the film industry.
She made her acting debut in 2002 by playing a lead role of Priya in the Tamil film Thamizhan. She also has sung the song Ullathai Killathe for that film. The film was hit at the box office. In 2003, she got the lead role of Dr. Shaheen Zakaria in her Bollywood debut film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. She also made her appearance in some music videos like Sajan Mere Satrangiya (2000), Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara (2010), Mind Blowing (2011), In My City (2012), Exotic (2013), I Can’t Make You Love Me (2014), and Don’t You Need Somebody (2016).
In 2010, she made her television debut by hosting the third season of the reality game show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi. In 2015, she got the lead role of Alex Parrish in an American TV series Quantico which received her huge fame. In 2016, she lent her voice along with some other artists in the famous video game Marvel Avengers Academy.
- Due to the rumors of her alleged affair with Akshay Kumar, they decided not to work together after the film Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005).
- A rumoured affair of her with Shah Rukh Khan created a controversy when some incidents annoyed his wife Gauri Khan like special treatment given to her by Shah Rukh Khan and her regular visit to his house in Mannat. Later, Shah Rukh Khan’s wife cleared that she didn’t want her husband to work with Priyanka Chopra anymore, and as a result, both stopped working with each other.
- There was a fight between her and comedian Tanmay Bhat on Twitter after he mocked her accent. He tweeted, “When I say @priyankachopra’s name in my head I now automatically pronounce it like “Priyaaaanka Chopruh”,”
- On 1 June 2018, in one of the episodes of an American TV series Quantico, she played the role of an anti-terrorist officer who stopped a nuclear attack in Manhattan just a few days before an India-Pakistan summit. During her investigations, she finds a “Rudraksh” rosary, a religious Hindu symbol on the neck of a suspect to carry out the attack that was devised by Indian nationalists to frame Pakistan in a nuclear terror attack. This created a controversy as most of the Indians slammed Priyanka Chopra for tarnishing the image of India globally. She later apologized through her Twitter account.
- She is the founder of The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education which provides support to the unprivileged children in the health and education areas.
- She also founded a production company, Purple Pebble Pictures in Mumbai.
- In 2009, she wrote her first opinion column, The Priyanka Chopra Column for the Hindustan Times.
- In 2014, she was among the nine nominees called Navratna that have been selected by the Indian prime minister Narendra Modi for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- She is the supporter of PETA.
- In 2016, she was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF.
- In 2017, she was honoured with the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice for her contribution towards social causes.
- She is a non-vegetarian, and some of her favourite dishes are Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish Curry, Risotto, French Fries, Burgers, and Sarson Ka Saag.
- Her favourite actors are Tom Hardy, Matthew McConaughey, Mel Gibson, Kishore Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, and Dharmendra, and her favourite actresses are Sushmita Sen and Rekha.
- Her favourite colour is Red.
- She loves to wear the dresses designed by Prabal Gurung.
- She likes to watch the films, and her favourite Bollywood films are Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004). He favourite Hollywood films are Pretty Woman (1990), Jerry Maguire (1996), and A Walk in the Clouds (1995).
- She also likes to read, and her favourite books are Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Letters from a Father to his Daughter by Jawaharlal Nehru, and Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon.
- She loves to spend her holidays in Brazil, Paris, and Mexico.
- She has Porsche Cayenne, Rolls Royce Ghost, BMW 7 Series, and Mercedes Benz E Class cars.
- Her home address is Green Acres at Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, Mumbai.
- She gets paid nine to ten crore per film and $4 million per year for a TV show. Her net worth is $32 million.
- In the latter part of December 2018, the illustrators of The Simpsons made Caricatures of Nick and Priyanka as a wedding gift.
- In July 2019, she was snapped smoking a cigarette on a yacht in Miami. The photo went viral on social media in which her mom Madhu Chopra and husband Nick Jonas could be seen smoking cigars with her. She was also trolled for smoking when netizens started asking “where is your asthma?”