He did his schooling at Utpal Shanghvi School, Mumbai, and Millfield Public School, London. After completing his Diploma in Direction at New York Film Academy, New York City, he assisted the Indian film director Prakash Jha. Koimoi
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 30″, Biceps 14″
Parents & Siblings
His father, Shekhar Suman, is an actor, anchor, producer, director, and singer. His mother, Alka Suman, is a film producer. He had an elder brother named Aayush Suman, who died in 1994.
He is unmarried.
Adhyayan Suman was involved in a romantic relationship with the Indian actress Kangana Ranaut in 2008 while they were shooting for the Hindi film ‘Raaz: The Mystery Continues. However, after a few months of their relationship, the couple broke up.
In 2016, Adhyayan accused Kangana of both physical and emotional abuse throughout their relationship. He even claimed that she had performed black magic on him. Adhyayan expressed his feelings of shame and humiliation when he shared his experiences. In an interview, Adhyayan shared that Kangana was not loyal to him which became the reason for their break up. He said that when he shared his break-up story, several media houses trolled him. He said,
I was clearly told that a guy with a failed career doesn’t have the right to share his painful and dark experience. I decided to absolutely go out there and be emotionally naked and share such intricate details of my life because I wanted closure in public because I am a public figure. Mere baare mein publicly baat kiya gaya tha (Things were said about me in public) and I just wanted closure. And you are saying that I am a Vivek Oberoi in the making. You are saying that I am a loser and a flop actor, main publicity ke liye kar raha hoon, main yeh hoon, main woh hoon (I am doing everything for publicity and calling me names).”
In 2010, he started dating the Afghani actress Ariana Ayyam. In 2014, they were cast together in the Hindi film ‘Heartless.’ After dating for around five years, the couple parted ways. In an interview, he shared that the reason for their break up was their long-distance relationship. The Times of India
In 2015, there were rumours that he was dating his co-star Sara Loren. The rumours heated up when Adhyayan and Sara got carried away while shooting an intimate scene for the Hindi film ‘Ishq Click’ (2016). YouTube – Zoom
In 2019, he started dating the Indian actress Maera Mishra. They confirmed their relationship amid the COVID-19 lockdown.
However, after dating for almost two years, the couple broke up. In an interview, when he was asked about the breakup, he said,
Whatever she said, I actually did not read anything between the lines. Whatever she said is absolutely her call, it’s not something that I want to counter because as she said ‘I’m a different person’, it’s not like I’ve changed, it’s just something that she felt, and as I said before, ‘We’re human beings, we change with situations and different situations make us a certain way.’ I’m at this point in life where I have survived and no matter what happens, I will not let anyone pull me down anymore.”
In 2008, he made his acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Haal-e-dil’ in which he played the role of Rohit.
A year later, he appeared in the film ‘Raaz – The Mystery Continues’ which did well at the box office.
He appeared in a few other Hindi films like ‘Dehraadun Diary’ (2013), ‘Heartless’ (2014), ‘Ishq Click’ (2016), ‘Bekhudi’ (2021), and ‘Chup: Revenge of the Artist’ (2022). However, his films flopped back to back.
In 2020, he played the role of Tinka Singh in the MX Player’s Hindi web series ‘Aashram.’
He has appeared in a few other Hindi web series such as ‘Damaged 2’ (2020; MX Player) and ‘Inspector Avinash’ (2023; Jio Cinema).
Singer & Music Video Director
In 2017, he released his first single “Saareyan Nu Chaddeya.”
He worked as a music director and lent his voice to recreated versions of various songs such as “Aaya Na Tu,” “Soniyo 2.0,” and “Rang Jaaye.”
In 2019, he started his self-titled YouTube channel on which he uploads his songs.
He has also performed live at various events.
He has worked as a casting assistant for the short film ‘All She Wants to Do’ (2008). Adhyayan Suman has ventured into entrepreneurship by starting his own production company named Adhyayan Entertainment. In 2021, he directed the Hindi short film ‘Love Birds.’
- BMW 7 Series
- MG Hector 7 Seater
- On his left bicep
- Music note on the back of his left ear
- On his left chest
- Actor: Heath Ledger
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra
- Film: The Dark Knight (2008)
- Food: Butter Chicken, Biryani
- Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Tennis
- During childhood, Adhyayan Suman was overweight. However, in his teenage years, he made a dedicated effort to transform his body. He worked hard and managed to reduce his weight from 110 kg to 85 kg before entering the Hindi film industry.
- Adhyayan Suman once talked about a challenging phase in his life. He said that there was a time when he experienced a mild depression. He felt really upset because things didn’t go as he wanted. Adhyayan Suman managed to overcome that situation. Adhyayan Suman revealed that his depression wasn’t solely caused by his professional life. Koimoi He said,
Depression didn’t only come from my career, but also from my personal relationships. I faced a lot of negativity, not because of my professional choices, but because of my personal relationships. It was extremely difficult for me to cope with that. In our industry, people have many opinions and tend to pass judgments without understanding. When you’re feeling weak and vulnerable, you start believing that maybe you’re not good enough and that’s why you’re not getting work. I have been through all of that.”
- He loves to buy shades and perfumes of different styles and brands.
- He once received an autographed bat from the legendary Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar as a gift. He considers Sachin his idol.
- In 2021, a news channel falsely reported that he had died by suicide. Later, his father shared a video clip about his son’s alleged suicide on Twitter and wrote that his family was ‘devastated’ after hearing the news as Adhyayan was in Delhi and unreachable when the news surfaced. News 18 Calling the incident ‘unpardonably irresponsible,’ Shekhar in a series of tweets said that he would sue the channel for broadcasting fake news. He wrote,
While I’m taking legal action against them and suing them for such a reprehensible act. The media ought to be more responsible and not jeopardize ppl’s lives and destroy them for their own vested interest.”
Denying accepting an apology from a regular journalist of some news channel, Shekhar wrote,
The bosses shld have some shame and own up to their faux-pas which is deplorable. Imagine if they had done the same to any of the political big-wigs.”
- Adhyayan Suman has a deep love for travelling and has been to various destinations around the world. He often shares pictures from his travels on his social media accounts, giving a glimpse into his adventurous side.
- He has been actively involved in philanthropy and has supported various charitable causes. He has participated in events and campaigns to raise awareness and funds for organizations working towards social welfare.
- He is an avid animal lover and owns two pet dogs named Fluffy and Lucky.
- He is well-versed in playing the guitar.
- Adhyayan has been featured on the cover of various magazines like ‘Moda Meraki’ and ‘Dogs & More.’
- In 2021, he bought a house in Mumbai.
- He is a spiritual person and often visits various religious places.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and regularly workouts at a gym.
- He is often spotted smoking cigarettes & hukka, and consuming alcohol at parties and events.