Jay Bhanushali is a renowned Indian television actor and model. He is also a professional dancer and anchor. He is well known for portraying the lead role in the Hindi television show Kayamath as Neev Shergill from 2007 to 2008 that was produced by Ekta Kapoor.
Jai Bhanushali was born on Tuesday, 25 December 1984 (age 37 years; as of 2021) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He attained his school education from B.P.M. High School, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 32″, Biceps 15″
Parents & Siblings
The names of his parents are not known.
He has an elder sister named Hetal Bhanushali.
Wife & Children
Jay Bhanushali got married to Mahhi Vij on 11 November 2011.
The couple has adopted two children named Khushi and Rajveer.
They have a biological daughter named Tara. She was born on 8 August 2019.
He was in a relationship with Mahhi Vij before getting married to her.
Jay Bhanushali started working on Indian television in 2005. His first show was Kasautii Zindagii Kay where he played the role of Arjit. In 2007, he appeared in the show Dhoom Machaao Dhoom as a supporting actor named Varun Bhaskar. In the same year, he began working as a lead hero in Ekta Kapoor’s serial on Star Plus titled Kayamath as Neev Shergill. This serial gave a major breakthrough to his career as he was awarded the Indian Telly Award for Fresh New Face – Male and the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for this show.
Later, he began participating in Indian reality shows. In 2009, he was a contestant in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2.
During the same year, he started anchoring the dance reality shows like Dance India Dance and Dance India Dance Li’l Masters for which he received praises for his anchoring skills and comic timings.
Jay Bhanushali and his wife Mahhi Vij participated in the Indian reality dance show Nach Baliye 5 as contestants in 2012-13 and won the trophy and the final of the show.
Jay Bhanushali made his Bollywood debut in 2014 as a lead actor in the movie Hate Story 2. He played the role of Akshay Bedi, and Surveen Chawla was the lead actress of the film.
Jay Bhanushali worked in two other Bollywood films named Desi Kattey as Gyani (2014) and Ek Paheli Leela as Karan (2015).
In 2014, Jay appeared as a model in a music video of Prajakta Sukhre, the first Indian Idol Season 1 contestant.
The Voice India Kids, Sabse Bada Kalakar, Super Dancer, Indian Idol 10, and Superstar Singer are some Indian reality shows that were hosted by Jay Bhanushali from 2015 to 2019. In 2016, he was the contestant of the Indian reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi – Made in India. Jay was eliminated from the show after he lost the game while playing in the sixth position.
Jay Bhanushali has made several guest appearances from 2008 to 2020 in various Indian reality shows including Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se, Comedy Nights with Kapil, The Drama Company, Sabse Smart Kaun, Bigg Boss 12, Bigg Boss 13, Ace of Space 2, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge, and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10. In 2019, Jay Bhanushali worked in a ZEE 5 web series ‘Parchhayee’ and played the character of Joy in the series.
- In 2016, Jay Bhanushali and his wife Mahhi Vij indulged in a serious quarrel following his intimate scenes in his first debut movie Hate Story 2 with co-actress Surveen Chawla. Asian Age
- Jay Bhanushali and his wife Mahhi Vij often get trolled on their social media accounts for not attending and caring for their adopted children, Khushi and Rajveer, after the birth of their biological daughter Tara. Jay Bhanushali and Mahhi Vij are often seen condemning the blame publicly and explaining through various media houses that all of their children are equally cared for. The Indian Express
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2010 and 2012, Jai won Boroplus Gold Award for Best Anchor
- In 2009, 2010, and 2011, he won Zee Rishtey Award for Favorite Host
- Food: Pani Puri
- Actor: Akshay Kumar
- Actress: Bipasha Basu
- Travel Destination: Ladakh
- Colour: Black
- According to some media sources, in Jay Bhanushali’s initial years of struggling in the entertainment industry, he was advised by his elder sister to try his fate in a modelling career. Soon afterwards, he grabbed the opportunity to work with several renowned brands such as Rediffmail.com, Motorola, Lays, and Pepsi.
- In his leisure time, Jay Bhanushali adores watching cricket, sketching, and playing video games.
- In 2017, Jay Bhanushali, along with his wife, Mahhi Vij, publicly announced on their social media accounts that they were fostering two children named Khushi and Rajveer along with their parents. They made the news public before the birth of their biological daughter Tara. They Instagrammed,
We have not adopted them (Rajveer and Khushi). They have parents. The father is still working with us. They have a mother. It is just that they have stayed with us since the time they were born. They call me mumma and Jay dadda. We were all together. We were like a happy family. There is nothing like legal adoption. I do not know where that came from.”
- As per Jay Bhanushali, he is an ardent Lord Ganesha worshipper and frequently visits the famous Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai to pay his vows.
- According to Jay Bhanushali, the children at home never let you feel alone. In an interview, while talking to a reporter, Jay revealed his emotions about his three children at home. He stated,
Kids will never give you a chance to be alone. They will be around you all the time, shouting and playing. So, you will never feel low at any point.”
- Jay Bhanushali loves watching the IPL (Indian Premier League) matches. He is a big fan of the Rajasthan Royals team.
- Jay is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog. He has shared various pictures and videos on his Instagram account with his pet dog.
- According to Jay Bhanushali, only a vegetarian can save the environment. During an interview with a media house, Jay revealed his perspectives on being a vegetarian. He said,
See, we do so many wrong things in life, so this saves us the guilt of one sin. By being a vegetarian, you are saving the environment. There’s a lot of heat in meat so when you don’t consume it, automatically your skin clears up. Also it has proteins which is good for you know…XYZ.”
- Pehla Nasha from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Soniyo from Raaz 2, Kabhi Kabhi Aditi from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and Beautiful by Akon are Jay Bhanushali’s favourite songs that he frequently listens in his free time.
- Jay Bhanushali frequently shares various pictures and videos on his Instagram account while working out at the gym. He is a fitness fanatic.
- Mahhi Vij attracted media attention when she appealed to her fans on her social media account in October 2020 to convince Jay to have another baby as she was feeling bored during the pandemic lockdown in India in 2020. Hindustan Times She Instagrammed,
Guys, go to Jay’s account and in the comments section, please tell him that I want another child. He is just refusing. It is lockdown and I am getting very bored. I need another child. This one is all grown up (turns the camera towards Tara and calls out to her) and she doesn’t listen to me.”