Aarti Bajaj is a popular Hindi film editor. She is best known for editing the superhit Bollywood movies- Rockstar (2011), Paan Singh Tomar (2012), and Highway (2014).
She was born in the month of February 1973 (age 46 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. She did her schooling and graduation from Delhi. Later, she moved to Mumbai and did a professional course in video editing from Xavier Institute of Communications.
Family, Caste & Husband
Aarti was born into a Hindu Family. She started dating the Bollywood director, Anurag Kashyap when she was in college. The couple dated each other for 9 years before tying the knot. Apparently, they were in a living relationship before getting married to each other. Their daughter Aaliyah Kashyap was born in 2001, and after two years of her birth, Aarti and Anurag tied the knot. However, this marriage did not last long and the couple got divorced in 2009.
Aarti’s debut as editor in Bollywood was with her ex-husband’s film Paanch (2003), it was never released in India because of censorship. Her first Bollywood release was Black Friday (2007), directed by Anurag Kashyap. She continued to work with Anurag even after their divorce, and the duo gave the super hit films like Dev D (2009), Gulaal (2009), and Manmarziyaan (2018). She came into the limelight with Imtiaz Ali’s blockbuster movies Jab We Met (2007), Love Aaj Kal (2009), Rockstar (2011), and Highway (2014). In 2018, she got the opportunity to work with British-Pakistani filmmaker- Asim Abbasi for the Pakistani film ‘Cake.’ She edited both the seasons of the famous Indian web series- Sacred Games, starring Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- Editor: Walter Murch
- Genre: Drama
- In her college days, she wanted to become a professional photographer.
- At the beginning of her career, she assisted Hindi film editors- Shyam Ramanna and Bardroy Baretto.
- The reason for the divorce of Aarti and Anurag was not clear but rumours were that Anurag was in a low phase of his career which disturbed his personal life. Other rumours were that Anurag was dating his film Dev D’s heroine Kalki Koechlin in 2009 and that became the reason for their divorce. Earlier, Anurag denied his relationship with Kalki but these rumours turned out to be true when they both got married in 2011. Later, they got separated in 2015, and there were rumours that Anurag was attracted to another actress of his movie- Huma Qureshi.
- She loves to spend time with her pet dog.
- Her hobbies include travelling, doing photography, listening to music, and reading books.
- She has worked in many TV advertisements and music videos.