Adhi aka Adhithya Ramachandran Venkatapathy is the founder of Hiphop Tamizha musical group and released several albums along with R. Jeeva. Check out Adhi Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Adhi was born on 20 February 1990 in Sathyamangalam, Erode district, Tamil Nadu, India. He has developed his interest towards hip-hop music after seeing the Michael Jackson’s single track Jam. He wrote his own rap songs and started uploading them on the Internet. After getting positive responses from people, he made his account on YouTube with the name of Hiphop Tamizha and used the photo of the Tamil poet Subramania Bharati to hide his work from his parents. Initially, his father did not support him in his musical career but after realizing that he is doing good work, he started supporting him in his career. Hiphop Tamizha now has become one of the popular musical groups.
Adhi is approximately 5’7” tall and weighs 65 kg. He has brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to a middle-class Gounder (Backward class) Hindu family. His father works at Bharathiar University and his mother comes from an agricultural background.
He got married to Latchaya at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh in a private ceremony on 30 November 2017.
He did his schooling at Chavara Vidya Bhavan, Coimbatore. After that, he completed his graduation in Electrical Engineering from Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Tamil Nadu and MBA from Department of Management Studies, University of Madras, Chennai. He released his first single track Club Le Mabbu Le on YouTube and within a week of its release, it received more than 2 million views. In 2005, he along with R.Jeeva formed the musical group Hiphop Tamizha. They both met through a social networking website Orkut. In 2005, they released their first Tamil hip-hop mixtape Vishwaroobam Arambam and in 2012, they released their first album Hiphop Tamizhan. He appeared in some music videos like Excuse Me Kathali (2010), Ezhuvoam Vaa (2011), Takkaru Takkaru (2016), etc.
In 2013, he worked with Remy Martin on an International album International Tamizhan that contains 8 tracks, out of which 2 songs have been sung by American artists Sol and Emcee Call but this album is not yet released.
In 2017, Hiphop Tamizha directed the Tamil film Meesaya Murukku in which he played the lead role of Adhithya/Adhi.
- Adhi has recognized as The First Artist to Release an Indian Tamil Hiphop Album. He received the award from Mr. Thomas Bain of World University of Records and Mr. Babu of India book of records.
- The musical duo Hiphop Tamizha launched the brand Tamizhanda Clothing in 2013 by collaborating with a firm Difference of Opinion.
- He also launched a music label Madrasi Mafia that manages independent music artists.
- He did several live performances at various events like Deepwoods at Madras Christian College, Techofes at Anna University, etc.
- He conducted a seminar in 2015 at Dr. G.R. Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu on brand management Face to Face: Hiphop Tamizhan.
- In 2015, he won The Rising Star of 2014 Male title at the Edison Awards.
- In 2016, he won the Saadhanai Tamizhan award from the World Tamil Chamber of Commerce (WTCC). He received this award from the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- In 2017, Hiphop Tamizha composed the title song for the South Indian multilingual TV serial Nandini.