Suhana Khan is an Indian actress, theatre artist, and social media star. She is known for being the daughter of the Indian superstar, Shah Rukh Khan. She is set to make her acting debut with Zoya Akhtar‘s Netflix film The Archies (2023).
Suhana Khan was born on Monday, 22 May 2000 (age 22 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
She did her schooling at Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai. English Jagran Suhana was good at sports since childhood and was once the captain of her school’s under-14 girl’s football team.
Not just sports, Suhana also actively participated in other co-curricular activities during her school days.
She graduated from Ardingly College, England, in 2019. While in college, she made several documentaries and actively took part in the drama. During her graduation ceremony at the Ardingly College, Suhana was awarded the Russel Cup for her contribution to drama. India Today Thereafter, she attended The New York University (NYU) Tisch School of the Arts, New York, to study acting and drama. Pinkvilla While studying at Tisch School of Arts, Suhana was featured in many theatre shows.
Suhana Khan desired to become an actress since childhood. In an interview, talking about the moment when her parents realised that she was serious about acting, Suhana said, ”
I don’t think there was any one moment when I decided. Since I was young, I’d do all these accents and impressions. But my parents only realised I was serious about acting when they saw a performance of mine for the first time. I was playing Miranda in a school performance of The Tempest.”
Weight (approx.): 50 Kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32- 28-33
Parents & Siblings
Suhana Khan’s father, Shah Rukh Khan, is an Indian actor. Shah Rukh Khan is referred to as the King of Bollywood. Her mother, Gauri Khan, is an Indian film producer and interior designer. She has two brothers. Her elder brother, Aryan Khan, is also an actor. Her younger brother’s name is AbRam Khan. AbRam Khan was born in 2013 via surrogacy.
Suhana’s paternal grandfather, Meer Taj Mohammed Khan, was an Indian independence activist from Peshawar. Meer was a follower of Abdul Ghaffar Khan and campaigned for the Khudai Khidmatgar, a nonviolent resistance movement led by Abdul Ghaffar Khan, that sought an independent India. Her paternal grandmother, Lateef Fatima, was the daughter of a senior government engineer.
Suhana’s maternal grandfather’s name is Colonel Ramesh Chandra Chhibber, and her maternal grandmother’s name is Savita Chhibber.
Suhana Khan was born to a Muslim father and a Hindu mother. India TV Talking about his children’s religion in an interview, her father, Shah Rukh Khan, revealed that his children were neither Hindu nor Muslim, they were Indians. He said,
Humne koi Hindu-Musalman ki baat hi nahi ki. Meri biwi Hindu hai, main Musalman hoon. Aur mere jo bacche hain, wo Hindustan hain. (My wife is Hindu, I am Muslim, and our kids are Indians).”
In the same interview, revealing an interesting incident from Suhana’s school days, he said,
Jab wo school gae to school me wo bharna padta hai ki religion kya hai. To jab meri beti choti thi, usne aa ke pucha bhi mujhse ek baar, ‘papa hum kaun se religion ke hain?’ Maine usme ye likha ki hum Indian hi hain yaar, koi religion nahi hai. Aur hona bhi nahi chahiye.”
In 2022, Suhana bagged the role of Veronica in Zoya Akhtar‘s Netflix film The Archies (2023). Starring Suhana Khan, Vedang Raina, Khushi Kapoor, Mihir Ahuja, Agastya Nanda, and Yuvraj Menda in lead roles, the film is an Indian adaptation of the International comic book Archie.
In 2019, she featured in the short film ‘The Grey Part of Blue.’ Directed by Theodore Gimeno, the 10-minute short film depicts the story of a teenager’s experience of unrequited love.
Besides that, Suhana is a theatre artist and has been a part of many theatre plays since her college days.
In March 2016, a picture of Suhana Khan went viral on the internet in which she was seen chilling up in a blue bikini. The picture also featured her younger brother, AbRam, who was playing with sand. Suhana was slut shamed for wearing a bikini by some social media users. During an interview, Shah Rukh Khan said that some news reports objectifying his daughter, Suhana, had disturbed him to a great extent. DNA India He said,
She was in a bikini, she was on a beach, and she was with her little brother. You went ahead and wrote a headline, ‘SRK’s daughter flaunts her body.’ Is it a little cheap? Maybe I felt it was. I reached out nicely and said, dude, your website is not going to run on my daughter’s bikini body, can you please take it out? People saw where I was coming from. My daughter was a little awkward about it. She’s 16, yaar. And the headlines some sites use are. wow. We’re very liberal people and even had a laugh about it. But it’s still awkward.”
- Cuisine: Italian
- Food: Grilled Fish, Chicken
- Actor: James Dean
- Singer: Zayn Malik
- Travel Destination: London
- Sport: Football
- Fashion Brand: Louis Vuitton
- Netflx Show(s): Black Mirror (2011), Orange Is the New Black (2013)
- A dance lover, especially POP style, Suhana performed in the Pop move video of Shiamak Davar’s Summer Funk show in 2012.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- A sports enthusiast, Suhana often visits to watch IPL matches with her father.
- Suhana loves travelling and binge-watching Netflix shows in her leisure time.
- Besides her love for acting and sports, she is also passionate about story writing. In 2012, she won an award at Katha National Story Writing Competition.
- An avid cat lover, Suhana often posts pictures with cats on her social media handles.
- In an interview, Suhana revealed that moving out away from her house proved to be a great decision as she gained a lot of confidence after moving away from her home. She said,
Moving away at age 16 was the best decision of my life. Living in a different environment and meeting so many new people helped me gain a lot of confidence. It’s about being able to do the little things, like walk on the street or take the train-stuff that was so hard to do in Mumbai. But living away also made me appreciate home so much more.”
- During an interview, talking about her kid’s acting aspirations, Shah Rukh Khan said,
Neither my son nor my daughter have been groomed to be actors. Suhana has an inclination towards wanting to be an actor. She finishes school in six months after which she will go to an educational institute for three-four years to train in acting. Aryan doesn’t want to be an actor, he wants to make films, become a director, and is training for it in the US. AbRam I don’t know, he’s good-looking enough to be a rock star.”
- During an interview, when asked to share a secret about her that nobody knows, Suhana replied that she had broken figures (little finger of both her hands).
- In 2018, Suhana Khan was featured on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- In an interview with Vogue, Suhana Khan revealed that growing up as a star kid, she hated the attention. She said,
I realised quite early on that it was different for us. But I never really thought about my dad being famous. When I was about five, he would come and drop me to school, and people would point and stare. He wasn’t being addressed as Suhana’s dad, which is what I wanted. It confused me. He would want to hug me, and I would push him back in the car. I hated the attention, it made me very self-conscious.”
- Suhana shares a great bond with Sanjay Kapoor’s daughter Shanaya Kapoor and Chunky Panday‘s daughter Ananya Pandey. During an interview, while talking about her BFF’s, Suhana said,
Friends like Shanaya and Ananya I would trust with my life!”
- In an Instagram post, she shared that she often received messages and comments which criticised her complexion. She further said that she has been called ugly because of her dark skin since she was 12. Giving a befitting reply to the trolls calling her ugly and dark-skinned, in the same Instagram post, she wrote,
There’s a lot going on right now and this is one of the issues we need to fix!! this isn’t just about me, it’s about every young girl/boy who has grown up feeling inferior for absolutely no reason. Here are just a few of the comments made about my appearance. I’ve been told I’m ugly because of my skin tone, by full grown men and women, since I was 12 years old. Other than the fact that these are actual adults, what’s sad is that we are all indian, which automatically makes us brown – yes we come in different shades but no matter how much you try to distance yourself from the melanin, you just can’t. Hating on your own people just means that you are painfully insecure. I’m sorry if social media, Indian matchmaking or even your own families have convinced you, that if you’re not 5″7 and fair you’re not beautiful. I hope it helps to know that I’m 5″3 and brown and I am extremely happy about it and you should be too. #endcolourism.”