Sushmita Sen is one of the renowned beauty peasants from India. Her contribution to the art shows her talent and tells us about her struggle to pinnacle. Dazzling the World in 1994, she became the first Indian woman ever to win Miss Universe Crown. Apart from acting, she has also been a stage performer. Due to her philanthropic persona, she has received many awards for her social work.
Sushmita Sen was born in a Bengali Baidya family on 19 November 1975 (Age: 43 years as in 2018) in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. In her childhood, she attended St. Ann’s High School in Secunderabad, Telangana (then Andhra Pradesh). For her higher education, she enrolled in Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute in New Delhi. She did not study much and jumped into the world of modeling.
Sen is a fitness enthusiast. She is 5 feet 9 inch or 175 cm tall and weighs in about 55 kg or 121 lbs. Her figure measurement is 34-26-34. Her eye colour is light brown and hair colour is black.
She was born to Shubeer Sen (Father) and Subhra Sen (Mother). Her father was an Indian Airforce Wing Commander and her mother was a Jewelry designer and owner of a Dubai-based store. She has one brother, Rajeev Sen (Younger) and one sister, Neelam Sen.
Sen has adopted two daughters: Renee and Alisah. She adopted her first daughter in 2000 and second in 2010.
She is an English Honours Graduate. When she was only 19 years old in 1994, she won the title ‘Femina Miss India Universe‘ and achieved the right to compete in Miss Universe. The same year, she won the Miss Universe title and became the first Indian to achieve this feat.
In 1996, she made her acting debut through Dastak. After that, she has been featured in many films such as Sirf Tum (1999), Bibi No. 1 (1999), Hindustan Ki Kasam (1999), Filhaal (2002), Aankhen (2002), Samay: When Time Strikes (2003), Main Hoon Na (2004), Dulha Mil Gaya (2010), Nirbaak (2015) etc.
She came into media attention when she had an affair with director Vikram Bhatt. Vikram Bhatt was already married at that time and even had a child. Hindustan Times
Apart from Vikram Bhatt, she has been in a relationship with Sanjay Narang (Businessman)
Sabeer Bhatia (Entrepreneur), Randeep Hooda (Actor)
Imtiaz Khatri (Businessman),
Manav Menon (Ad-filmmaker), Bunty Sachdeva (Businessman), Mudassar Aziz (Director), Wasim Akram (Cricketer), Ritik Bhasin (Businessman), Rohman Shawl (Model).
She won the title Femina Miss India Universe and Miss Universe in 1994. She won a Filmfare Award for Best supporting actress for her role in Bibi No.1 in 2000. In 2006, Sen received Rajiv Gandhi Award for her contribution to Cinema. In 2013, she won the Mother Teresa Award for her work to the society.
She charges ₹3 crore/film and her net worth is not known.
- In her childhood, she was a tomboy because she used to spend most of the time with boys.
- Sen is the brand ambassador of big companies such as Kalyan Jewellers and Assotech.
- She likes smoking and drinking.
- The movie Ankahee was based on her affair with Vikram Bhatt.
- She was associated with P&G‘s Project Shiksha, that focuses on the evolution of children in need around the globe.
- Sen loves animals and owns 4 pet dogs and a python.
- Her Ex-boyfriend Sabeer Bhatia (head of hotmail.com) gave her a diamond ring of 10.5 carats.
- Her nicknames are Sush and Titu.
- In 1994, after winning the Femina Miss India crown, Aishwarya Rai went backstage and broke down after losing to Sushmita Sen.
- In 2012, Sen was plundered in Athens, Greece; her passport, credit card, and other documents were stolen which made it difficult for her to prove her identity.
- In January 2017, she became a judge of the Miss Universe 2016 beauty pageant held in Manila, Philippines.
References [ + ]